Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral

Re: Shadow Priests in heroics

Quote Originally Posted by Dharmabhum
    I've actually stopped running heroics on my priest in disc spec. Even though disc is my MS, it gets tediously boring to dps between throwing out a shield/PoM... I'd rather be involved and make things die! I wonder if an ICC-geared spriest could keep up a well-geared group with VE and the occasional shield...
    I actually do this quite frequently with a buddy. My warrior is at roughly 5600 gs, and his spriest is 5800+ gs. I hardly need heals when we bring a healer so he'll que as a healer, but run as shadow. If we get one of the new instances though we tend to just use proper specs/gear to avoid a wipe.

Anyway, wanted to say thanks for the thread as I've been leveling my spriest, and don't have mind seer, but was really curious what I should be doing on these trash mobs.

i just wanted to write that i am doin like this for about a month now.

query as healer - going in as shadow.
    it is easiely possible, as long as your group (and espeszialy a melee dd) is not geared to good.
    if the other dds are dpsing to good you won't have time to do enough dmg to heal them and they will take more dmg themselves because of aggro.

in all other cases it results in being first in heal and dmg ^^

EDIT:
    of course you can not do mind sear when "shadowhealing" because it won't trigger VE.
    <- GS 6118
    Krallnor <Lords of Heaven> - Eredar EU formerly known as Melian <Lords of Heaven> - Eredar EU
    from DE #1 guild "Ad Luna" in Cataclysm 10men progress. Now playing a Warlock in semi-hardcore guild "Lords of Heaven".
    Our Garrosh 10men Heroic Firstkill(skipped intermission 2 + played with 1 healer)

GS is meaningless.

Anyway, yes, you can queue as 'Healer', but with a Shadow spec. As long as you have mildly decent gear (213 level gear at least) you'll be fine unless you have a really bad tank. As your gear improves it works with even bad tanks. Considering 232 gear is baseline now, it shouldn't really be an issue. But, if you're like the OP and still gearing up, just go 54/17 and Holy Fire/Smite when not healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharmabhum
    I've actually stopped running heroics on my priest in disc spec. Even though disc is my MS, it gets tediously boring to dps between throwing out a shield/PoM... I'd rather be involved and make things die! I wonder if an ICC-geared spriest could keep up a well-geared group with VE and the occasional shield...
    depends on the heroic, and the group (especially the tank) but i've done it, with only occasionally having to pop out of shadow to throw up a few heals
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!