Thread: Macro + TaJ?

Macro + TaJ?

been trying out some diffrend macros for fun with this trinket.

Tried this one basic and easily used.

#showtooltip Crusader Strike
    /startattack
    /cast crusader strike

when im using this macro on the dummies the % damage on the TaJ trinket. seems to increase by 0.5%-0.3%
    and i've done several of tries on the dummy with and without this macro. and i stopped on the same amount of dmg done at each fight - Overall

Re: Macro + TaJ?

RNG

The only way this could increase your TaJ dmg. is when target swaps come into play.

example:

2 mobs
    you kill one and switch to the other
    CS is next in your prio list but still has 2 seconds cooldown
    you target the new mob and spam the CS button
    at this point CS is still on cooldown, you could auto attack your new target but with just the standard CS button you won't.
    with the /startattack line added into your macro you instantly activate auto attack on your new target.

it is recommended to add the /startattack line to every offensive skill you use.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Whurring
    been trying out some diffrend macros for fun with this trinket.

Tried this one basic and easily used.

#showtooltip Crusader Strike
    /startattack
    /cast crusader strike

when im using this macro on the dummies the % damage on the TaJ trinket. seems to increase by 0.5%-0.3%
    and i've done several of tries on the dummy with and without this macro. and i stopped on the same amount of dmg done at each fight - Overall
    When Crusader Strike is cast, you automatically start attacking the target unless you tab over to a new target (and have auto attack disabled when you do so) or are out of range (in which case you are still auto-attacking, but the swing timer will reset most likely by the time you get back into range).

You should only need the /startattack syntax when used with an attack that does not depend upon a target, like consecration or Divine Storm- not to say that it isnt handy in the least for when you do switch targets

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    2 mobs
    you kill one and switch to the other
    CS is next in your prio list but still has 2 seconds cooldown
    you target the new mob and spam the CS button
    at this point CS is still on cooldown, you could auto attack your new target but with just the standard CS button you won't.
    with the /startattack line added into your macro you instantly activate auto attack on your new target.

it is recommended to add the /startattack line to every offensive skill you use.
    You can disable the option to stop-attacking when you tab targets: This is useful for when you have multiple target switches (like ICC trash), but it can be bad when you have targets that are CC'd near each other (so you tab over and hit them by mistake, or hit the wrong target by mistake).

I believe it can be found in the Interface menu.