Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Petiton to ban gearscore addon

meh worth a shot

Re: Petiton to ban gearscore addon

You realize that the forum rules of the official WoW forums pretty much state 'don't bother posting petitions, you're just asking for a ban', right?

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    You realize that the forum rules of the official WoW forums pretty much state 'don't bother posting petitions, you're just asking for a ban', right?
    maybe whit bit of luck blizzard will show some understanding :O

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Douwe
    Not going to happen.

Anyway I dislike GS to, however its useless for Blizzard to ban it. If they do two things happen:

They have to ban everyone who uses GS, which will be hell of a lot of people.
    Someone will come up with a slightly different addon, which does the same thing.

Forget everything you know about everything.

Deleted

But this is kinda like putting your hand into a tiger's mouth hoping it will show some patience. :-\

Also, Gearscore in itself is not bad. People consulting it like it's some sort of holy text are the ones giving it a bad name.

The gearscore tool itself isnt the issue, its people that are the issue.

They can't possibly "ban" an addon like Gearscore without removing the ability to inspect people.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann

Also, Gearscore in itself is not bad. People consulting it like it's some sort of holy text are the ones giving it a bad name.
    Indeed, banning it won't change people's attitude about the magical limbo stick number. The best thing to do to circumvent gearscore is to join a halfway decent guild that raids.

You do understand that other people might think that banning GS would ruin the game for them right?

I am not a fan of GS... don't use it... and when people ask for it... I tell them they can drop me if they want but I don't care enough about GS to be able to tell you.

HOWEVER... I will not try to get it banned as ther are other people who use it to "insure that they have a good time, when raiding." Plus... even if you got a thousand sigs... blizzard would lol. you would literally have to receive more than 50% of the wow populace to sign that in order for them to even consider banning an add on that doesn't break the EULA (end user license agreement).

Edit: and good luck with that... :P

Deleted

Locked after 9 minutes.
    Told you they hated petitions.

The thread on the EU forums is already locked
    Blizzard can be very on the ball when they want to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Tanks and healers are like women, they subsist on compliments and praise.

that was fast

You should start a petition to ban the elements of human nature that you yourself act on yet find disdainful in others. See how well that goes.

At least the Blizzard guys might get a chuckle out of the creativity of it.

can't blame a man for trying

I used to play on the server that the creator of GearScore was on. He didn't create it to be used like how it is today. It was merely meant for a quick comparison instead of having to armory people all the time for pugs which was commonplace on that server. It's our fellow players who have used it for a far more extreme purpose.

In other words, it's not right to try and ban someones hard work because the people using it are screwballs. Besides, in all honesty, it doesn't matter what you're gear score is. If Someone armory's you and sees you in all blues. They're still not going to take you. You're still being judged by your gear. Skill is still not counted.

To sum it up, you still actually have to WORK for your invites. I don't use gearscore, but I refuse to take someone into ICC who's gear isn't appropriate level. If you're still rocking blues, it just shows me that you don't care enough about your character to be worth inviting.

Now if you really wanted to complain about something halfway concrete. Blame Recount. If the addon had never existed, nobody would know if you were pulling your weight or not. A few epics would look just a s fine as being in full epics as damage difference wouldn't be as noticeable and GearScore would have never had to be created. You can also blame welfare epics.

Deleted

Yes we can.
    /blame.

thinking about 3 years ago, people always check other player's gear.
    now with a simple number you can make an idea of the people you're playing with.
    rember 2 weeks before gs, all people asking for 5k dps?
    rember when wotlk begin, all people asking for the [epic] achievement? why ask for an achivement is better than ask for gear? of course gear isn't all, and sometimes dumb people ask for 5k gs to do patchwerk, but the problem isn't the addon.

the problem is that low-skilled player can acces very good equip from VoA or badge, so that if you have 4900gs ( full 232-245) you can't do toc, because 90% of people with that gearscore can't push 3 buttons in the right order and only do 3k dps, and all people think that to do more than 5kdps you need to be full 251 (~5500gs).

Pay some wow gold site to use bots to post petitions to ban gearscore.

Poke the sleeping angry bear enough times and it might wake up and eat you and everything around you in the process but hey you'd have accomplished your goal right?
    "Because of all the days that have passed, We are who we are."

Guy 1: Hey they just banned our gearscore addon
    Guy 2: What do we do now?
    Guy 1: ......characterscore?

Quote Originally Posted by Renivus
    I used to play on the server that the creator of GearScore was on. He didn't create it to be used like how it is today. It was merely meant for a quick comparison instead of having to armory people all the time for pugs which was commonplace on that server. It's our fellow players who have used it for a far more extreme purpose.

In other words, it's not right to try and ban someones hard work because the people using it are screwballs. Besides, in all honesty, it doesn't matter what you're gear score is. If Someone armory's you and sees you in all blues. They're still not going to take you. You're still being judged by your gear. Skill is still not counted.

To sum it up, you still actually have to WORK for your invites. I don't use gearscore, but I refuse to take someone into ICC who's gear isn't appropriate level. If you're still rocking blues, it just shows me that you don't care enough about your character to be worth inviting.

Now if you really wanted to complain about something halfway concrete. Blame Recount. If the addon had never existed, nobody would know if you were pulling your weight or not. A few epics would look just a s fine as being in full epics as damage difference wouldn't be as noticeable and GearScore would have never had to be created. You can also blame welfare epics.
    If that would be the case, he wouldn't be so incredibly retarded to just make a sum of the itemlevel, but do factor in gems, enchants, achievements that would supply the sum of the gear, just like wow-heroes does. All the GS does is take ilevel and sum it up. So yeah, I dont' think he thought it through at all to be honest.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water