T9 Two Pieces relevance...

Its so good, but i'm not sure whether its worth it if your guild is killing LK 25m and you are geared as f***
    input?

And if you think its worth it, put which two pieces and why...

I don't really care what you call me, you can even call me cold...

10+ Year Old Account

Re: T9 Two Pieces relevance...

personally, i dont think its good if u have acces to icc10/icc25 gear, when i replaced my T9 2piece, i gained dps over the ICC non set/tier stats, so yeah, try it out and see if your dps increases

I had thought of this myself before finally swapping out for even 251 gear. You just have to decide if those crits from your SerS are going to give you better output than the raw stats from what you're upgrading to. Admittedly, I went straight from the 232 T9, so higher levels might be harder choices. Just keep in mind though, the T10 4piece is pretty sexy too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphmortus View Post
    saelthos, I think you are the most rational person I have ever seen on a gaming forum.

Quote Originally Posted by saelthos
    I had thought of this myself before finally swapping out for even 251 gear. You just have to decide if those crits from your SerS are going to give you better output than the raw stats from what you're upgrading to. Admittedly, I went straight from the 232 T9, so higher levels might be harder choices. Just keep in mind though, the T10 4piece is pretty sexy too.
    i don't like t10 4pc...personally because in order to get 4pc you have to wear either gloves or legs, both of which don't have ArP (which i'm now gemming)
    also, its only (im using my AP for an example) 1177 AP for 10 seconds, its like a trinket proc, except with a 5% chance to happen off of a DoT... then the cooldown on it makes it so you have to wait a little while just for a chance at another 5% dot

I don't really care what you call me, you can even call me cold...

Quote Originally Posted by Godshot
    i don't like t10 4pc...personally because in order to get 4pc you have to wear either gloves or legs, both of which don't have ArP (which i'm now gemming)
    also, its only (im using my AP for an example) 1177 AP for 10 seconds, its like a trinket proc, except with a 5% chance to happen off of a DoT... then the cooldown on it makes it so you have to wait a little while just for a chance at another 5% dot
    The 4 piece is solid, and the hit on the gloves is necessary. Unfortunately, we can't ignore hit entirely as a stat. The only armor I have on with hit is the tier gloves, otherwise, bloodvenom blade and accuracy enchant make up the rest.

Buffs in 3.3.3 make it (using Helm/Pants) worth using until you have a piece of 277 T10, or 277 pants from LDW, or 277 belt from Festergut (plus 264s everywhere else)

If you have 258 T9, forget about ever using 4p T10 period

and no, 4p T10 is not "solid", and the hit on the gloves is not "necessary"
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by LordArcsinh
    Buffs in 3.3.3 make it (using Helm/Pants) worth using until you have a piece of 277 T10, or 277 pants from LDW, or 277 belt from Festergut (plus 264s everywhere else)

If you have 258 T9, forget about ever using 4p T10 period

and no, 4p T10 is not "solid", and the hit on the gloves is not "necessary"
    I'd love to see your spreadsheet models, as I can't find a way to make 245 tier 9 worth using regardless of how I change my gear.

I'm sure it's not a coincidence that most of the record holders for hunter DPS are using 4xt10, and not tier 9 at all, even though many of them have 258 t9. Again, if you can prove your numbers, I'm sure a lot of people would be very interested in them, as the majority of the high end hunter community seems to disagree with your theory.

Also, please leave your anger elsewhere.

I greatly enjoy 4PT10. This is because the damage bonus proc can be hard-refreshed with serpent sting to roll over forever. If it procs early in a fight, such as while using CotW+Rapid Fire first time, and you hard refresh right there, your serpent sting will do SIGNIFICANTLY more damage over the course of the fight, assuming you never hard refresh it again and only continue to roll it over with chimera shot. Hit rating is also incredibly starved in ICC gear. It's difficult to come by, assuming you are focusing on ArP.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    I greatly enjoy 4PT10. This is because the damage bonus proc can be hard-refreshed with serpent sting to roll over forever. If it procs early in a fight, such as while using CotW+Rapid Fire first time, and you hard refresh right there, your serpent sting will do SIGNIFICANTLY more damage over the course of the fight, assuming you never hard refresh it again and only continue to roll it over with chimera shot. Hit rating is also incredibly starved in ICC gear. It's difficult to come by, assuming you are focusing on ArP.
    Thats the 2P bonus. The 4P bonus is "When your Serpent Sting and Wyvern Sting abilities deal damage, you have a 5% chance to gain 20% attack power for 10 sec."

10+ Year Old Account

The gloves are fine, theres not enough hit on Bis gear, I have gem for hit just to reach 164.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

2pc t9 is overrated - dont get me wrong, its a great bonus especially when you have 2pc t10, but once you have access to the 4pc bonus, and decent gear all around (as in gemming for ARP hard cap), you shouldn't feel compelled to stick with the t9 pieces any longer. this is ESPECIALLY true for fights where you aren't able to keep a sting up on the boss at all times (bosses with target switching, or moments where you can't dps the target at all such as sindragosa, saurfang, deathwhisper, putricide, blood princes, dreamwalker, and lich king -- this goes double for hard modes).

Another BIG reason for using t9 2pc is the ability to roll a buffed sting thanks to the 2pc t10 bonus, but this is actually adjusted depending on how much time you have till you have to switch targets or the boss is dead. The timing varies depending on gear, but on average, rolling a buffed sting (from 2pc 10 + Culling of the Herd) will take roughly 2 minutes till it becomes a dps boost. If you can't spend at least that much time rolling the sting on the target, you're better off using the global from reapplying SrS on a Steady Shot instead. The time INCREASES the better the gear you get. Of course, if you're in a situation where rogues are chain trick'sing you, this time decreases drastically, down to about a minute, but that can be a hard sell as a rogue might not always be w/in range of the hunter to do this. I have yet to find a configuration where my 4pc t10 is less dps than using t9 helm/legs and t10 chest/shoulders - which would be the best combination as far as arp rating goes. Add the fact that the spreadsheet and the online spreadsheet both model rolling stings, and both simulate dps for a stand and shoot single target boss, and you pretty much get your answer.

The recent changes to how crits behave for serpent sting in 3.3.3 might push damage higher for those that use 2pct9, but after experimenting in both icc10/25 and spending a lot of time in front of the target dummy, it doesn't work -- either in theory OR in practice. Also, while i know the spreadsheet calc's a 1 minute interval between procs I don't believe the t10 4 pc has an ICD, b/c I've seen it proc multiple times back to back on multiple occasions (no i'm not crazy, i sue class timers and power auras to track all my major buffs, and have seen this happen multiple times. I've also looked up reports from other hunters who have observed this same behavior). I dont know if this is glitched behavior or what, but the fact of the matter is its low proc is certainly balanced out by this.

Lastly, after listening to an interview with Kruf from Paragon speaking about his LK world first kill and icc raiding/hunter gearing in general - he basically confirmed all of my thoughts regarding the t9 bonus vs the t10 bonus, and I'm positive that this is the way to go. I mean, if you can't take the advice of the best hunter in the best guild in the world, who's advice are you going to take at all? :P

I'm waiting for my gloves from VoA since Prot tokens are about as rare as DBW's for my guild. I think we're going to see a patch to make SS ticks crit quite soon. They did it for rogues on rupture, and I was playing a rogue in T8 content on the side. That set bonus was beyond OP, and for a time, it didnt make sense for a rogue to break 4P T8 going into T9 content till you could get BIS gear.

Now for hunter T9, don't gimp yourself for a good set bonus with some much needed hit rating.
    KING GAEAMANIA I OF KORGATH!