As a ret pala how do I gear?

im a level 80 retri paladin with so bad gear i cant even queue for heroic trial of the champion and so on.

I need help gearing, what shall I do?

- Triumph farm, fly to ICC and buy the triumph gear?
    - what else?

I don't even have full epics equipped and still have 70 rings as I can't find stuff that gives strength bonuses.
    help plrease?

Re: As a ret pala how do I gear?

• Do heroics to save up triumph (for t9), frost (for t10), and various non-set pieces.
    • Do normal ToC and ICC 5 mans. Some good epics in there.
    • Don't worry about strength rings/necks. Many agi/AP items will (for now) be an upgrade over what you have.
    • Find a group willing to carry you through some raids.
    • Check out the stickies or other threads for tips on maximizing your DPS and on how to gear.

Good luck.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

You could also find a blacksmith with some epic patterns and have them make you some gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Anias
    You could also find a blacksmith with some epic patterns and have them make you some gear.
    That too, especially now with the reduced mats requirements on some of the epic patterns. Cheaper than they were a patch ago.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

A quick aside...

I really love threads like this. 'What's the best strategy for...?' The posts are usually civil and helpful, and it makes me hate the internet a little less.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    • Do heroics to save up triumph (for t9), frost (for t10), and various non-set pieces.
    • Do normal ToC and ICC 5 mans. Some good epics in there.
    • Don't worry about strength rings/necks. Many agi/AP items will (for now) be an upgrade over what you have.
    • Find a group willing to carry you through some raids.
    • Check out the stickies or other threads for tips on maximizing your DPS and on how to gear.
    That's a good start. Here are a few extra tips (for any class): Get the AtlasLoot addon and start exploring. Focus especially on ToC 10/25. Find the gear you want in there, especially off the first two bosses (beasts, Jaraxx). These are puggable (the far majority kill the first 2 bosses, so you won't have to be too picky which raid you join). Any loot after that point, and you probably will want to find (or make) a good group. On my server, I find that the sooner after the raid lock reset (Tues and Wed), the better the group. This is true for the weekly raid, ToC/ICC pugs, and VoA.

When you have mostly ilvl 232+, you're definitely ready for icc. A decent 10's pug will clear through Festerface (one or both of them). A decent 25's will clear through Gunship. If you can consistently get in raids that progress this far, you probably have the gear to join a raiding guild and move on.

Enjoy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)