Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

My Cleansing Totem! Noooooooooooooo! :'(

Now im going to be even bigger prey than I already am to those damned Rogues and Deathknights...

On a more curious note, how does this even work, Shaman have been cleansing Disease and Poison for 3 WoW's now, and suddenly we just forget?

At least Purge might be castable on ourselves and allies now, dispelling 1/2 magic debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Willis
    Dispel Defensive Magic: =Priests +Druids +Shamans =Paladins
    Dispel Offensive Magic: =Priests -Shamans +Paladins
    Dispel Poison: =Druids =Shamans -Paladins
    Dispel Disease: -Priests =Shamans =Paladins
    Dispel Curse: +Priests =Druids -Shamans

In other words, if you took what blizzard wants to do... just trade paladin poison for shaman offensive magic, and the priests disease for shaman curses. Lookie! Now someone gets to trade!
    Hell no! Stay away from my Purge you fiend! Dispelling Enemy Buffs has been an iconic Shaman spell since Warcraft 3!
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

The only interesting thing about this change is that Blizzard can now use magic effects for the dispel components of fights and raid groups will not need to worry about having a class that can cover the dispel. As far as the cost of a cleanse being too low--it requires a GCD that could have been used for a heal and it requires a quick reaction. Aside from druids and shamans not being able to remove fusion punch, I like where the dispel mechanics are currently at.

My solution: rather than nerfing classes, add another status effect that uses a special dispel that costs extra--i.e. all healers get a Dispel Virus spell. Then a Virus effect could be the one effect used by all bosses for critical effects. If they're worried about mindless dispels, make more unstable affliction style debuffs or debuffs that will cause damage to everyone around the person being cleansed when the debuff is removed.

However, in the end, I don't see why dispelling should be relegated to healing classes when it adds a very interesting mechanic to paladin, druid, priest, and shaman DPS as well as prot tanking. If anything, Druid tanks should be given the ability to dispel in bear form to give them something extra to do. Making the game good is about creating important choices, and having to choose between using your gcd to do damage or decrease raid damage is an interesting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Heldamon
    The 1million dollar question is

Who is gonna snare druids?
    Hunters. Without abolish poison, WS will be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethiz2ez
    Hunters. Without abolish poison, WS will be effective.

Judgement of justice still stays through polymorph
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I vote for a cyclone nerf.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Ever being levelling and had a nasty debuff on you, but could remove it?

Now in Cata, level, get debuffs and find that your class can no longer remove them...

Do Blizzard like making their old content invalid the second a new expansion comes out?

I mean what about people who want to make level 80 guilds and farm the 80 content.

How much harder is it going to be with dispels costing more and costing mana if they remove something or not?

Are they going to re-work every single old encounter to account for this or are they just going to let everything pre-cataclysm just die off?

Seems like one hell of a waste because Ulduar & Icecrown Citadel are 2 of the best raids I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

• Mage, hunter, and warlock will retain their current dispel mechanics.

if you mean by dispel mechanic the demonic teleportation that's an ugly dispel mechanic....seriously
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiadhs
    if you mean by dispel mechanic the demonic teleportation that's an ugly dispel mechanic....seriously
    Devour Magic says: "Hi."
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Soffa as far as we know they'll remove frost nova from mages and remove all healing spells from priests except for renew, making any kind of judgement on pvp right now is just plain ignorant.
    Interesting thought...if frost nova was removed, it'd be a much bigger deal than losing renew. In fact, it might bring about the QQPocalypse as foretold by salzman.
    If at first you don't Succeed....then you fail.