Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

Yay another reason to reroll away from my warlock <3 now all healers will be piss annoying dispel magic spamming bitches :'(

Rip Destro pvp

Though I dont really play my Shammy anymore,

*MASSIVE QQ HERE*

I mean really, What The Fuck?!?

We're losing the ability to get rid of poisons AND diseases?

I really want to know the justification for this one.

PvE wise - I honestly think we were fine being able to get rid of poisons and diseases, able to purge but couldn't dispel magic.

In PvP - OH HAI MR ROGUE COME POISON ME PLS I CAN'T DO ANYTHING NOW OH LOLS WOUND POISON AND CRIPPLING POISON IM DEAD OH NOES. Really, what is the point?

Things were fine, this really seems like a 'fix it til its broken' thing.

I'd love to QQ more but I feel I should probably do some form of work today.

10+ Year Old Account

Strictly from a PvE standpoint, losing dispels as prot/ret saddens me. Most of the time healer's don't even bother with paying attention to different magic effects so I end up cleansing them myself, willingly I might add. It adds another aspect to the class.

While I see the reasoning for it, I think it's a bad move. It's one of those things that differs a great tank from a good tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

•All shaman will lose dispel disease and dispel poison in exchange for Restoration gaining dispel magic.

Because all of us elemental and enhancment shamans are gonna be happy about this one..... >

And really no more cleansing totem....well i dont forsee us getting a totem to compensate for that loss of utility

No matter how much they say it isnt true this is based upon pvp change...we are even more of a free honor kill now with no ability to remove poisons and diseases \o/
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

I don't care for this. I already have a really hard time fighting Rogues and Death Knights, and now I'm not going to be able to remove their poisons/diseases?

lol calm down everyone.

I will say though that I think with the way things look, druids will completely dominate face. The only interesting point I would make is whether or not they will allow a dispel mechanic to occur from a druid in tree form or only human. I think allowing it in only human would be interesting.

Secondly, they said that classes must TALENT into defensive dispel mechanics. So what I'm thinking is that it's probably NOT going to be at the very bottom of the holy or resto tree. So that probably means that other specs of paladins and shamans will most likely have access to that ability. Makes sense to me.

We'll get 76 points to decide on what to do with. I'm thinking that ret paladins and offensive shaman specs are going to be ok.

Dispel defensive magic could be around 21 Points in Paladin's Holy Tree, which would make it accessible for Retri Paladins in PvP.
    Sounds like a fair decision, as you have to choose between a defensive role (Dispel Magic - Holy) and an offensive one (lower Stun CD).
    Otherwise it would be a huge nerf to Ret PvP which would probably be equalized by giving us some sort of gap closer. The latter would be neat, too, but I actually prefer defensive utility.

Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    •All shaman will lose dispel disease and dispel poison in exchange for Restoration gaining dispel magic.

Because all of us elemental and enhancment shamans are gonna be happy about this one..... >

And really no more cleansing totem....well i dont forsee us getting a totem to compensate for that loss of utility

No matter how much they say it isnt true this is based upon pvp change...we are even more of a free honor kill now with no ability to remove poisons and diseases \o/
    The game will be totally different come cataclysm wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcotraz
    [blizzquote="Zarhym;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/24038610691-upcoming-cataclysm-dispel-mechanics.html]In Cataclysm we are raising the mana costs, making it possible to waste mana by casting a dispel when there is nothing to dispel[/blizzquote"] When is the retardation ever going to end? They basically want healers to waste Dispels? Wonderful!
    The idea is, You will get punished for just spamming dispel to get rid of everything. Basically punished for playing mindlessly.

Which is one of the main reasons why people don't like world of warcraft. Some people think it's completely mindless, so they are doing what they can to better reward people with actual reflexes (without causing the entire game to collapse onto itself).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk
    Strictly from a PvE standpoint, losing dispels as prot/ret saddens me. Most of the time healer's don't even bother with paying attention to different magic effects so I end up cleansing them myself, willingly I might add. It adds another aspect to the class.

While I see the reasoning for it, I think it's a bad move. It's one of those things that differs a great tank from a good tank.
    Yes, i am going to miss the ability to dispel magic effects (which i don't see enough of, even by people who don't do it), but i too understand the reasoning behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Ok so Shamans who have benefited massively from being able to dispel tons of negative things with purge, while having a totem to help them and their team out with dispels, along with having BL and the ability to kite better than all other classes besides a druid are reall going to start to QQ.

Druids are going to get hit hard by this as well with multiple classes being able to stip hots off targets. I mean honestly how many of you play pvp and arena that much. This is just redefining roles and trying to push players to adapt. In all honesty people need to chill and see what happens before freaking out to a blue post.

GG Blizz, shadowpriest PvP will not be very fun now when every damn healer can dispel the dots. Wtb something UA-ish.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    There is some trade-off that is being made in making these changes and we wanted to expand on this further.

* Protection and Retribution paladins will lose their current ability to dispel magic.
    Trade-off how?

Deleted

# Paladins will be able to dispel defensive magic, diseases, and poison.
    No change for Paladin ? Boring?

To QQ'er, learn to reserve judgement until you see what's going to happen to the rest of the game.

Its gonna be great seeing a flame shock debuff pop up and know im about to eat a huge crit and there isnt much I can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310
    No ability to cleanse as ret or prot? that is the lamest thing I have heard in a while.
    Blame Arenatards.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

What about Dispel on Shield Slam?

Is it just me or are some people missing the fact that it clearly states 'dispel defensive magic' for all classes and 'dispel offensive magic' for just some.

Druids wont be removing warlock DoTs from themselves or their team mates (CoA excepted, cause its a curse) cause those are Offensive magics... and we cant do that. I read this change as a 'we want to have the bosses buff themselves, and make the healers remove them... to give 'em something else ta do yanno'

That said, we get to fuck with your Fel Armor tho kekekeke

Well now that retadins burst and now their ability to dispel is going bye bye, I think it's time for us to get those "PvP utility spells" we were promised when we are nerfed enough.

Deleted

No ability to cleanse as ret or prot? that is the lamest thing I have heard in a while.
    Next change :
    Retpal can't heal themselves ? ;o)
    Sadly, I do not like these changes