Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    Okey okey okey. Let me get this straight. I can't dispell anymore as a ret paladin? O.o
    Then why the hell would someone want a ret in arena............. My job for the last 2 years has been pew pew while dispelling.............
    Bye Bye beloved Retri, here comes a holy pala re-roller. -_-

    They better add something new to rets if we loose dispell, you know what it's gonna be? I hope for an MS. Or else i can say, i will feel really useless as a ret in arenas. /Sigh...

  2. #42

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    Buff druids, nerf the rest...who didn't see that coming.

    List of people this fucks over

    - paladins
    - shamans
    - priests, especially shadow priests get just it every single way
    - warlocks
    - mages

    List of people who this benefits

    -Druids
    -Rogues
    -Death knights

    ...yeah...they needed buffs...
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

  3. #43

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    FFS Stop complaining... they are fixing dispelling... increasing its mana cost and stop from being spammed mindlessly... that means Shadow Priest and Warlocks will outlast dispel-spam-healers...

    And they just announced the way dispelling gonna work, they havent say what they gonna do to rogue poisons and other debuffs that stack... which im guessing the gonna do something about it...

    Can't you all just wait until you actually know something before complaining like a little girl?

  4. #44

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    Druids wont be removing warlock DoTs from themselves or their team mates (CoA excepted, cause its a curse) cause those are Offensive magics... and we cant do that. I read this change as a 'we want to have the bosses buff themselves, and make the healers remove them... to give 'em something else ta do yanno'
    You're Wrong.
    Offensive dispell is remove magic from an ennemy.
    °@° Tutoriel News°@° and Wallpaper °@°
    Val'anyr is a cake

  5. #45

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    Okay, so instead of being able to remove poisons/disease, I'm gonna be able to remove curses. Kinda torn on that, since I've come across more mobs that poison/disease in WoW than curse. Things could change in Cataclysm, with all the Twilight Cultists and such.

  6. #46

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    Quote Originally Posted by Memory
    I do wanna believe they will balance things anyway but... where's the trade-off for paladins? We only lose something ;D

    Cool story bro'.

    This is them setting you up for losing some utility and gaining some offensive capability like an ms or interrupt

  7. #47

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    How fun it would be to meet a druid team in arena for a mage incase these changes would in fact go live.

    Druid imune to polymorph
    Druid dispels polymorph

    And there you have the polymorph-imune team
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

  8. #48

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    Gotta love announcements of changes before expansions, so many guy(tard)s start QQ and complaining about anything and they don't even know everything that is going to change...

    And 1 month after the expansions are released only 5% of those still whine and the others are like, "uhhhh that's cool!!! amagad, so shiny and beautiful!!"...

    Seriously, a sincere stfu and wait for beta at least before starting posting those retarded posts.

  9. #49
    I am Murloc! ita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    5,170

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    Ret paladins losing dispel? Why is this needed, I wonder..

    They already don't dispel in PvE and the suck horribly in PvP to a point, nearly every PvP paladin is healer or some form of prot.
    Even if they have some compensation in mind, I do hope they aren't turning paladins into a copy of another class.
    Remember remember the fifth of November
    Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
    Should ever be forgot...

  10. #50

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    I'll wait until Cataclsym to bitch, but I can't help but imagine a hundred thousand Worgen/Troll druids running around laughing manically as 5 people fail to kill them.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

  11. #51

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    Quote Originally Posted by EektheCat
    Ok so Shamans who have benefited massively from being able to dispel tons of negative things with purge, while having a totem to help them and their team out with dispels, along with having BL and the ability to kite better than all other classes besides a druid are reall going to start to QQ.

    You mean those shamans with no Defensive CDs, those shamans who have one of the lowest health pools in the game considering they wear mail and have no defensive CDs, those shamans whose ability to remove diseases was in the form of an easily targeted and easily destroyed totem along with the rest of their buffs...

    there is a reason why shamans can kite (very argueably) better than most classes, its because when shit hits the fan shamans can't bubble or pop a shield or remove themselves from combat or invis or get a massive damage reduction...we have to run away...its such a great benefit you know, having to run from anything that threatens you (every other class) instead of staying and fighting...


    as for the changes it doesn't make much difference in PvP Shamans didn't stand a chance against DKs after unholy blight and thanks to no defense and low health rogues already raped us...now i know i don't have to waste time dropping cleansing totem before they kill me anymore really...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

  12. #52

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    Buff druids, nerf the rest...who didn't see that coming.

    List of people this fucks over

    - paladins
    - shamans
    - priests, especially shadow priests get just it every single way
    - warlocks
    - mages

    List of people who this benefits

    -Druids
    -Rogues
    -Death knights

    ...yeah...they needed buffs...
    Yea, they do.
    specs

    Intel Core [email protected]
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

  13. #53

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    I think these changes should be interesting. I have a holy paladin, resto druid/shaman and I think it'll make it more challenging and take more thought when using their dispel abilities. Sure, some classes will hurt but I don't think it should cripple anything. I'm sure it gets annoying for other people when all some classes do in an arena is spam dispel so those people will rejoice because now it's going to drain their mana.

    I imagine alot of the QQ is coming from people who do just that, spam dispel and win because they can't win just from dispelling dots or dispelling a priest from all of their protection. I think this is a way to make people play more efficiently. If you can't win an arena match w/o being able to dispel, then you should work at trying to play better and with more skill.

    It's impossible to please 11 million people... and people are never happy with anything Blizzard does unless it means your class is buffed and overpowered beyond belief or the people who get roflpwned by those classes rejoice because they may stand a chance because certain things get nerfed. It amazes me how so many people take these changes as the final product. I guess reading comprehension wasn't a big thing in many schools. Missing key statements as "things may change during beta and nothing is final until it goes live" are completely ignored.

    Stop whining, embrace change. Learn how to do more than spam dispels. If you're always saying how L33T you are then show it but not relying on things like this or just reroll so you always feel as tho you're overpowered and don't have to make any effort to win.

    I'm also really sick of changes always revolving around PVP. I really like PVP and I only arena in 2s and I've gotten to 2200 in the past as Demo lock/BM hunter. An unlikely setup but possible if you just play around and learn how to play. I sometimes wish PVP changes were restricted to PVP servers and PVE was left alone and allowed to revolve around end-game rather than a bunch of fanboi's QQing because they can't beat a certain comp, either because of skill or just because "MAH CLASS CANT KILL THIS GUY BECAUSE HE IS OVERPOWERED NERFNERFNERF KTHXBAI"

    I think some people should take a step back and look at the big picture. As if Ret or Prot needed anything else. You have a bubble that makes you immune to everything except a priest and their mass dispel. Not to mention you can heal yourself and still attack during the time the bubble is active. Sure, they may not be full powered but it still works. Just sit back, relax and wait until it goes live. If you're still soo unhappy stop playing. You don't have to pay $15 a month if you're that unhappy.

    This isn't directed to everyone who is complaining, just those who are mindlessly QQing over nothing. Evolve, gain some skill and don't pass judgement until it goes live. I await the flaming and those yelling at me for TL;dr but oh well... I had to say something and I did.

  14. #54

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus2089

    This is them setting you up for losing some utility and gaining some offensive capability like an ms or interrupt
    Paladins? With an interrupt?

    *uncontrollable laughter*
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

  15. #55

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-Khan
    Is it just me or are some people missing the fact that it clearly states 'dispel defensive magic' for all classes and 'dispel offensive magic' for just some.

    Druids wont be removing warlock DoTs from themselves or their team mates (CoA excepted, cause its a curse) cause those are Offensive magics... and we cant do that. I read this change as a 'we want to have the bosses buff themselves, and make the healers remove them... to give 'em something else ta do yanno'

    That said, we get to fuck with your Fel Armor tho kekekeke
    From the front post: "An example of defensive magic dispelling would be using a dispel to free a polymorphed ally, while offensive magic dispelling would be utilizing a dispel ability to strip away an enemy’s buff or heal-over-time (HoT) spell."

    So, you've got your definitions of Defensive dispels and Offensive dispels a little backwards.

  16. #56

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    So they buffed resto druids even more while they completely nerf resto shamans to the ground. I am really pissed right now. But since nothing is final I'll wait on further changes. But they better be good.

    Every shaman is already fucked up against rogues, with no poison removal it's game over. Element and especially enha are dead in pvp, with this change and if it stays the same, say bye bye to shaman pvp. They better add a good defensive totem for us now, not the glyphed shit.

    And now druids can dispel magic while staying immune to poly/hex and having a auto CC. Awesome :

    The only classes benefit from these changes are rogues and druids (DK's to some extent). Who didn't see that coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

  17. #57

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    This is another sad example "how pvp ruins pve".

    All we hear about dispels is "being able to dispel sheep from arena partner yadda yadda".

    It's goddamn not all about pvp!

    In pve, what distinguishes good dps from mindless recount-worshipper is that good dps has decursive and dispels. Now they're gonna take it away, non-holy Paladins can't dispel, Shadow Priests can't cure diseases etc. etc.

    So basically they're gonna laugh at us "lol it's healer's duty", and if the <b>healer</b> is disabled by some debuff (usually magic, but now for example in POS there's cc which is poison), you're screwed.

    Being able to put some dispel duties on dps to free up gcd for healers and let them heal more, as opposed to put them only on healers and let dps pew pew more was a decision that will be taken away from us.

    PVE can be very imbalanced when you suddenly can't remove a debuff, you remember start of wotlk, how hard had priests to heal azjol nerub, old kingdom and through some scourge waves in cot (poison which damages for 75% of max HP of tank), while other classes had it much easier, remove poison and done.

    Also Paladin tanks losing cleanse??
    Maybe at least they finally give Paladins proper spell interrupt like shield bash or mind freeze? They're stripping Paladin tanks from their abilities (flash of light HOT being holy only, lay on hands causing forbearance, and now cleanse only for holy?) while they still don't have as many utility spells as warrior tanks. They have stun, but warriors have 2. Warriors also have charge, intervene, shield bash, spell reflect, disarm... And of course they still cry how they deserve more buffs than Paladins and Death Knights because they have "tanking legacy".

    End line: in my opinion, they shouldn't remove dispel abilities from non-healers. If they cry over pvp, just make some spells unusable in arena (and allow only weaker versions).

  18. #58
    The Lightbringer Gaiwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,609

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    My biggest issue with there being a higher penalty is simply that sometimes you go to dispel something and a. It has worn off; or b. Someone beat you to it by half a second. My biggest question is: How are Blizzard going to account for those situations?

    Examples:
    Ice Shot in Halls of Reflection lasts for a mere 2 secs, but often I won't take time to see just what the debuff is, but will simply dispel it; finding that it is no longer there because I waited for my Flash Heal to finish casting and by that time it has dispelled itself. Perhaps all dispellable debuffs will last for a good period of time, so that it is always worth dispelling. But what about Frostbolt? I sometimes find myself dispelling a Frostbolt debuff only to ask myself what the point was...

    The second example is that sometimes I will go to decurse on my mage and find that a druid has already removed the curse - or go to remove a magic debuff with my priest and find that the paladin tank has already removed it within half a second of its application. Perhaps leaving dispelling up to particular healers will work out a lot more efficiently with the changes.

  19. #59

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    And yet another attempt to balance the unbalancable arenas. Give it up already, goddamit.

  20. #60

    Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

    Seeing as there is no trade-offs for the Ret/Prot Paladins i can see them giving Ret + Prots something neat somewhere in their talent trees to counter certain now "Undispellable" situations.

    Spins and turns, angles and curves. The shape of dreams, half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of earth and touch the face of perfection - a perfect face, perfect lace. Find the perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace. End of line.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •