Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

# Shadow priests won’t be able to remove disease in Shadowform.
    This is what I've waited my entire life for.... NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagnamit
    And yet another attempt to balance the unbalancable arenas. Give it up already, goddamit.
    I agree. Arena is a terrible addition to the game, so remove it all together.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Being a holy paladin, these changes are just fine.

Being a prot paladin at times, these changes are kind of annoying since not all pugs realize they have a dispel option.

Having a boomkin, I welcome this, as I do not PvP on my druid and now I won't have to decurse and lower my DPS numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Me0w
    GG Blizz, shadowpriest PvP will not be very fun now when every damn healer can dispel the dots. Wtb something UA-ish.
    Check out Vampiric Touch brah.

Or make changes that come from PVP QQ exclusive to PVP servers and leave PVE balanced around PVE and boss encounters. It's just terrible and I like PVP/arena but enjoy end-game content far more.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by all the QQ, but from a pure game design POV:

These changes are brilliant. They add more depth and purpose to dispelling as a whole.

Can't wait for Cataclysm. Blizzard is one of the few developers that knows what they're doing when it comes to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher-Khan
    Is it just me or are some people missing the fact that it clearly states 'dispel defensive magic' for all classes and 'dispel offensive magic' for just some.

Druids wont be removing warlock DoTs from themselves or their team mates (CoA excepted, cause its a curse) cause those are Offensive magics... and we cant do that. I read this change as a 'we want to have the bosses buff themselves, and make the healers remove them... to give 'em something else ta do yanno'

That said, we get to fuck with your Fel Armor tho kekekeke
    Read it again. It says defensive as in dispelling polymorph etc...
    Also you can't dispel fel armor.

Instead of making such drastic changes, I think they could just get away (at least from my pov) with:
    * introducing Diminishing Return (for pvp)
    and/or
    * add a cd on direct dispell, tick between abolish/totem

Ye whot?
    PALADIN BUF:..oh...
    Oh nvm. :P

But yeah, with the no cleanse function in PvP in cata as a ret Paladin, is a pretty BIG hit for us, since that's what we are famous for, defensive strategists with our Tools and dispels.

Ah well, have to see in Cata first.

1st april isn't over,is it? :-\

Quote Originally Posted by tofu_soldier
    Instead of making such drastic changes, I think they could just get away (at least from my pov) with:
    * introducing Diminishing Return (for pvp)
    Wow, I would definitely post this in the suggestion forum for one of the blues. This is really a brilliant idea. Although, I embrace the changes because they add in as much good as they do bad, it's still a really good way to go about it. That and/or making dispels for PVP cost a ridiculous amount of mana.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Of course people have to cry about PvP.

All classes needed a magic dispel, not because of PvP, but there are many magic debuffs that go out in PvE content that only Pally and Priest could dispel.

And why are Ret Pallies complaining that they can no longer dispel magic? I rarely see dps classes that care about dispelling over damage meters. Pallies need to L2P and use those Cleanses and Hand spells.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by SRS_USRNAME
    All shaman will lose dispel disease and dispel poison in exchange for Restoration gaining dispel magic.
    I can see nerfs, but get rid of these abilities altogether for 2 of the 3 specs? Ive been cleansing diseases and poisons with my shaman for years and now just poof?

See, here's my issue with what I see.

Blizz is always talking about bring the player, not the class nonsense.

Well let's look at this for a moment...

How's a 10 man group with no pally or priest healer going to kill LK with these changes? With this change you have no choice...you bring one or the other or you don't clear phase 1. What about Rotface? At least on that one the disease drops off. Fights like Yogg on 10 man? 3 differant healer classes or your boned.

I realize 10 man isn't everyone's focus, but for a huge amount of the player base out there, 10 man is all they can do. These changes are going to force those guilds to spread out recruitment to ensure they bring the class for any encounter with debuffs, rather then bringing the player...a complete counter to your supposed mission goal. This is a pretty damn big problem as a big reason a lot of 10 man guilds never make it to 25 is recruitment issues. I realize the fights above are all very specific encounters from WotLK, not Cata...and I suppose you could homogenize every single imperative boss debuff to being magic. Honestly though...what the hell kinda fun is that?

I do think it'll be funny when a 10 man raid of level 85s in full tier 13 gear with 2 resto shaman healers won't even be able to get past phase 1 of the Lich King without losing people to Necrotic Plague.

Hope there is more to this change then is being stated...because as it is now...it's seems like yet another pathetic pvp nerf that carries over into pve...AGAIN.

Reading comprehension is your friend. Protection and Retribution are losing the ability to dispel MAGIC debuffs, but not poison or disease.

Shaman are losing poison and disease, but are gaining magic dispel, because they currently have four of the five dispel categories, only being unable to dispel defensive magic. Course you'd think they'd keep poison or disease instead of gaining magic and losing both, but eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife
    In pve, what distinguishes good dps from mindless recount-worshipper is that good dps has decursive and dispels. Now they're gonna take it away, non-holy Paladins can't dispel, Shadow Priests can't cure diseases etc. etc.

So basically they're gonna laugh at us "lol it's healer's duty", and if the <b>healer</b> is disabled by some debuff (usually magic, but now for example in POS there's cc which is poison), you're screwed.

Being able to put some dispel duties on dps to free up gcd for healers and let them heal more, as opposed to put them only on healers and let dps pew pew more was a decision that will be taken away from us.

PVE can be very imbalanced when you suddenly can't remove a debuff, you remember start of wotlk, how hard had priests to heal azjol nerub, old kingdom and through some scourge waves in cot (poison which damages for 75% of max HP of tank), while other classes had it much easier, remove poison and done.

End line: in my opinion, they shouldn't remove dispel abilities from non-healers.
    This, so much. As a shadowpriest I often find my ability to remove disease to be invaluable, especially in groups with less skilled healers, as I'm pretty observant player and notice it long before they do.

Removal of this puts more on the healers and takes away tools from skilled, observant dps to help out the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireheart
    How fun it would be to meet a druid team in arena for a mage incase these changes would in fact go live.

Druid imune to polymorph
    Druid dispels polymorph

And there you have the polymorph-imune team
    Kinda like it has been for shammies this whole expansion amirite?

wow resto druids will become insanely op.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddleswitch
    See, here's my issue with what I see.

Blizz is always talking about bring the player, not the class nonsense.

Well let's look at this for a moment...

How's a 10 man group with no pally or priest healer going to kill LK with these changes? With this change you have no choice...you bring one or the other or you don't clear phase 1. What about Rotface?
    I stopped reading here.

Seriously, do you not think Blizzard are designing the new encounters with these changes in mind? Yes, thats right, most fights will no longer rely on dispels and focus on other stuff instead.

And if you're still upset because you think it wont be possible to go back to LK at level 85 and kill him, then you're more retarded than I thought. Are you seriosly more concerned about how you will tackle old content as opposed to embracing the new?

It baffles me how people moan about every single change that they announce because if you ask me, Blizzard have done pretty well so far and seem to know what they're doing. If you disagree then you are a liar because you wouldnt be posting on these forums and playing the game every day.

Jesus christ.

i wonder what the trade off is for paladins since we dont gain anything but ret/prot lose the ability to dispell magic.. not welcoming this at all :/