Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

I myself own a pally and is very pleased to see that these dispels will cost more mana, I've seen too many classes in PvP run away just cleansing themselves away to get away and i mean constantly just spamming the cleanse and it does nothing to their mana. HA! take that corporate america!

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiricdemise
    I'd understand keeping all 3 dispell mechanics over the specs for each class would be a little overkill but being able to talent to the 3rd dispell mechanic is a nice touch.
    In before "healers have more dispel mechanics, remove their ability to use any form of crowd control" which would be absolutely justified right now

My shaman did not even have enough warning so he could apply lube.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Restoration shaman, Restoration druids, and Holy paladins will need to talent into their defensive magic dispels.
    So now resto shamans will have to spec into Purge ??? A spell we first recieved at level 12.

In Cataclysm we are raising the mana costs, making it possible to waste mana by casting a dispel when there is nothing to dispel, and removing Cleansing Totem, Abolish Disease, and Abolish Poison from the game.
    That hurts a little, not that much but couple that with:

All shaman will lose dispel disease and dispel poison in exchange for Restoration gaining dispel magic.
    and it stings a bit more.

I will refrain from a butt-hurt post at this point in time as we really do not know what the content will bring, BUT we will all be confused as hell when this x-pac goes live because what we have known for 5 years now will be flipped around and turned upside down as far as who can dispell/cure/cleanse what.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    I guess a Druid/Shaman healing duo won't be viable for 10man group on fights with diseases.

Sucks for my raid group...
    I was about to say this as well. I'm upset about this since I love my druid, and my bf loves his shaman. But now shamans can't cleanse diseases?? Currently I'm mainly using my holy pally because I've found it to be easier since the tanks are just.. taken care of. But I was hoping that in Cata things would change to where I could use my druid with his shaman instead.. guess not..

I'm surprised that no druid in the first or last page (haven't read in between, sorry) has initiated a QQ about having another class able to take away our hots/innervate. D; I guess it won't be so bad though since the cost of dispelling is getting increased.

@Eye: Purge is an offensive magic dispel, I thought? It says we have to spec into defensive magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem

Restoration shaman, Restoration druids, and Holy paladins will need to talent into their defensive magic dispels.
    So now resto shamans will have to spec into Purge ??? A spell we first recieved at level 12.
    Defensive dispel isn't the same as purge, that's called an offensive dispel.
    Defensive dispels are meant for magic debuffs on friendly targets, offensive dispels are meant to remove buffs from enemies.

Anyway you don't know how raids will change, nor what your class will look like at 85. No point wasting time whining about this.

What a crock of shit

Bring the class not the pla....... I mean really. For PVE this is gonna make things nothing short of annoying when trying to do encounters when you dont have:

A paladin or druid for encounters with poisons
    A paladin or priest for encounters with diseases
    A druid or a shaman for encounters with curses.

So basically a small 10 man guild WILL have to bring the class over the player for some certain bosses. If you don't you're just gonna be screwed.

I feel horrible for all you who have resto shaman as mains. Now you'll be down to 2 dispels for PVE. Can't really remember the last time that I ever heard of a shaman using purge in PVE.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

I guess a Druid/Shaman healing duo won't be viable for 10man group on fights with diseases.

Sucks for my raid group...
    Let's try common sense shall we.
    1) Blizzard is giving every healer a defensive dispel.
    2) In 10-mans Blizzard doesn't expect one healer of each class to be present.
    1+2) In 10-mans there will only be magic debuffs, with perhaps an occasional disease/poison that doesn't affect the encounter by much.

Same answer for Kavalir btw.

hahaha, i was finally geared enough to kill very good rogues and dks as restoration shaman 1on1.
    cataclysm will be fun, who needs cleaning totem, we now can dispell magic. nice change for 2s, oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand

- Spirit for all healers.

- ArP being removed.

Anyone else seeing this nonsense or am I alone here?
    Nah, you're alone. Spir/MP5 and ArP/AP are two stats that do the same thing, so might as well bag one since they are redundant.

Kinda irritated about the shaman changes, but not surprised. From a pve perspective, cleansing totem was either OP and negated boss mechanics entirely or totally useless (LK p1, Rotface). From a pvp perspective they threw out so many dispell resist mechanics on their precious little rogues that poison cleansing has been useless for some time now.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    My shaman did not even have enough warning so he could apply lube.

In Cataclysm we are raising the mana costs, making it possible to waste mana by casting a dispel when there is nothing to dispel, and removing Cleansing Totem, Abolish Disease, and Abolish Poison from the game.
    That hurts a little, not that much but couple that with:

All shaman will lose dispel disease and dispel poison in exchange for Restoration gaining dispel magic.
    and it stings a bit more.

I will refrain from a butt-hurt post at this point in time as we really do not know what the content will bring, BUT we will all be confused as hell when this x-pac goes live because what we have known for 5 years now will be flipped around and turned upside down as far as who can dispell/cure/cleanse what.
    Yeah you're gaining no new spell, no new talents, they will take away your heroism as well, Blizzard is only after shamans and you're gonna nerfed to the ground baby. Probably also loosing your totems and mail armor. Seriously though, way to overreact to something that can change a 1000 times from now and also you know nothing about other class changes.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by uka
    hahaha, i was finally geared enough to kill very good rogues and dks as restoration shaman 1on1.
    cataclysm will be fun, who needs cleaning totem, we now can dispell magic. nice change for 2s, oh wait...
    Because this game is balanced around 1 vs 1 am i right.

Quote Originally Posted by uka
    How can you even think of whining about pvp balance when not even a single talent tree is released or what spells/abilities will get changed. For all we know rogues will not apply poisons, but glow in the dark hello kitty stickers.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalir
    What a crock of shit

Bring the class not the pla....... I mean really. For PVE this is gonna make things nothing short of annoying when trying to do encounters when you dont have:

A paladin or druid for encounters with poisons
    A paladin or priest for encounters with diseases
    A druid or a shaman for encounters with curses.

So basically a small 10 man guild WILL have to bring the class over the player for some certain bosses. If you don't you're just gonna be screwed.

I feel horrible for all you who have resto shaman as mains. Now you'll be down to 2 dispels for PVE. Can't really remember the last time that I ever heard of a shaman using purge in PVE.
    You haven't heard of shamans purge in PvE? : come on really? Also do you do a lot of 10 mans with no paladin, priest or druid?

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget
    You haven't heard of shamans purge in PvE? : come on really? Also do you do a lot of 10 mans with no paladin, priest or druid?
    Not really no, we have 2 mages that spellsteal instead. And yes my small guild has 0 priest healers, and only 1 holy paladin who never raids anymore at all. So yes we would be completely missing disease dispels.
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Deleted

You do realize this is BETA and we know VERY little about other changes right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalir
    Not really no, we have 2 mages that spellsteal instead. And yes my small guild has 0 priest healers, and only 1 holy paladin who never raids anymore at all. So yes we would be completely missing disease dispels.
    And obviously Blizzard know this and will make 10-man raids with that in mind ..
    Again most likely there will only be magic debuffs in 10-man raids.

Deleted

Also did many of you expect a new expansion with no new changes? Isn't that what expansions are about, changes, new content, new lvl cap etc.? Or would you like to play WotLK version 2 for another year +

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Let's try common sense shall we.
    1) Blizzard is giving every healer a defensive dispel.
    2) In 10-mans Blizzard doesn't expect one healer of each class to be present.
    1+2) In 10-mans there will only be magic debuffs, with perhaps an occasional disease/poison that doesn't affect the encounter by much.

Same answer for Kavalir btw.
    That is a copout, and would be terrible design on their part.

That is a copout, and would be terrible design on their part.
    Explain me how?
    Dispelling has been changed to left or right clicking your dispel add-on anyway, who cares if it's called a poison/disease or magic debuff? From a development point of view it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget
    Also did many of you expect a new expansion with no new changes? Isn't that what expansions are about, changes, new content, new lvl cap etc.? Or would you like to play WotLK version 2 for another year +
    yea, because changes and new spells/talents are totally the same as taking away core pve and pvp abilities classes have been using for last 5+ years.