Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Cataclysm Dispel Mechanics

This whole thread is making me laugh. So much QQ from people who've been used to spamming dispels in PVP and laughing with infinite mana while hiding behind a pillar. LOL CLEANSING TOTEM PLEASE KEEP HITTING ME, IT FEEDS ME MANA

Now you'll actually have to ... have skill to dispel in PVP? Actually have to make a decision to dispel things instead of mashing the dispel button the moment any sort of debuff appears on yourself or a teammate?

Oh poor you.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Explain me how?
    Dispelling has been changed to left or right clicking your dispel add-on anyway, who cares if it's called a poison/disease or magic debuff? From a development point of view it's a good idea.
    It would be an EASY FIX, but would make the game less interesting if the only negative status effect we'd be up against was magic. Boring.

Didn't I say 10-man a dozen times?
    In 25-man you'll obviously have all kind of debuffs, but in 10-man that would be ridiculous. You have to either give every class too many dispels (for example shamans currently can dispel pretty much everything) which sucks for pvp or you limit the debuffs in 10-man to magic debuffs and they're actually able to concentrate on the mechanics.

I don't know how a debuff saying poison/disease makes any difference, it's what the debuff does to the raid that should make the difference. Or would you prefer all classes with (nearly) all debuffs or having to bring a specific healer couple?

these changes are so stupid...

so every healer can potentially dispel magic...

so I guess shadow priest will be absolutely worthless in pvp again. The bulk of the shadow priest damage comes from magical dots. Now that every arena team will have a healer capable of dispels, how does a shadow priest even do any damage now

Retribution paladins will lose their current ability to dispel magic.
    No!

Windspast let's use our brains for a second, shall we?
    In this post it's already been stated dispel abilities will cost a lot more mana, so blindly dispelling would mean empty mana pools for healers.
    On top of that ALL classes are getting completely reworked, as far as you know shadow priests won't use magic debuffs anymore. They might for example all be called diseases or some will become undispellable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavalir
    What a crock of shit

Bring the class not the pla....... I mean really. For PVE this is gonna make things nothing short of annoying when trying to do encounters when you dont have:

A paladin or druid for encounters with poisons
    A paladin or priest for encounters with diseases
    A druid or a shaman for encounters with curses.

So basically a small 10 man guild WILL have to bring the class over the player for some certain bosses. If you don't you're just gonna be screwed.

I feel horrible for all you who have resto shaman as mains. Now you'll be down to 2 dispels for PVE. Can't really remember the last time that I ever heard of a shaman using purge in PVE.
    It's already like this. They're just normalizing it to "everyone can deal with three things". As it is Druids can only deal with poisons and curses, while Pallies can deal with everything except curses. Plus it's three different spells for Druids (with two of them removing poisons, but using different mechanics, WTF?), but all Pallies have to do is Cleanse and it deals with everything. Meanwhile, Shammies put down a totem at the begininng of the fight and goes, "LOL! Disease? What's Disease? Or Poison? These are funny words."

This is a fairly good way to normalize healers so they can distribute dispels equally, but at the same time not make all healers the same. I'll miss the "fire and forget" dispel on Abolish Poison, but at least I won't feel like I got shafted since I can hardly get rid of anything and Pallies can get rid of everything.

If druids and pallies are the only ones who can dispell poison, they better nerf wound poison...and MS to go along with it.
    "It is, in the end, whatever the hell I want it to be. And when I'm through with it it's going to blow a hole this wide straight through the world's own idea of itself... They're throwing bottles at your house. Come on. Let's go break their arms."

Didn't I say 10-man a dozen times?
    In 25-man you'll obviously have all kind of debuffs, but in 10-man that would be ridiculous. You have to either give every class too many dispels (for example shamans currently can dispel pretty much everything) which sucks for pvp or you limit the debuffs in 10-man to magic debuffs and they're actually able to concentrate on the mechanics.

I don't know how a debuff saying poison/disease makes any difference, it's what the debuff does to the raid that should make the difference. Or would you prefer all classes with (nearly) all debuffs or having to bring a specific healer couple?
    The. fight. mechanics. shouldn't. change. between. 25. and. 10. mans.

The only changes should be hp, damage and amount of adds, if applicable.

It would be POOR DESIGN if a fight in 25 man has diseases, but the same fight in 10man only has magic debuffs.

Damn I hate to start the QQ this early but I already see Paladins getting the nerfbat while druids continue to Stay OP.

Both druids and paladins will be able to dispell the same poisons, magic, etc.

HOWEVER only Paladins are loosing this ability when going Ret or Prot, whereas a Druid is fine no matter what form they're in.

Add this to the fact that Paladins are still "deep" in the revision, while the other classes are ready to annouce in the next couple days makes this paladin VERY nervous.

Cheers to rolling ret... I'll enjoy getting bent over by mages even more and raped by warlocks
    But at least my damage is INCREDIBLE ...............................................in japan

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    The. fight. mechanics. shouldn't. change. between. 25. and. 10. mans.

The only changes should be hp, damage and amount of adds, if applicable.

It would be POOR DESIGN if a fight in 25 man has diseases, but the same fight in 10man only has magic debuffs.
    It would be poor design to expect an encounter meant for 25 players to work the same for 10-man, except for the amount of HP/damage.

rotection and Retribution paladins will lose their current ability to dispel magic.

WTF is this shit r u fucking kidding me

PMR go go 3s......

I look forward to the return of wasted dispels ! I think it's really silly being able to spam dispels and get away with it.

Soffa as far as we know they'll remove frost nova from mages and remove all healing spells from priests except for renew, making any kind of judgement on pvp right now is just plain ignorant.

It would be poor design to expect an encounter meant for 25 players to work the same for 10-man, except for the amount of HP/damage.
    Good going friend...glad you have the patience to respond to these morons,lol.

Plus you can also see how pvp and arena have really screwed up the PVE game......just by a few of the comments,these changes are great for the game.

Time will tell as per usual but anything that gets rid of spamming certain abilities can only be good.....for the most part

Wow, your already stripping away my classes ultimate hyrbid utility through wrath and now you will continue that by removing my ability to dispell when ret and prot, while at the same time keeping the hybrid tax. COmpletely stupid, if your gonna take away utility the damage has to be brought in line and vice versa. Totally dumb.

Sounds really interessting for pvp and pve.

And btw. - please (at least) TRY to see the bigger picture - with that changes they will surley create different raid encounters and change pvp in a different way (like not all dots will be magic, rogues get a different poison setup etc. - just gussing here).

And besides - in 10 man you will see (for 80%) only magic debuffs - in 25 thats a whole different story - here you NEED at least one of every heal class. Shouldn't be so hard

AND no more DPS being able to dispell/decurse etc. - nice! Yeah, that should be the healers job, not the dps one. And it's just not fair, because not every dps spec has his own decurse etc. skill.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Who is comming up with these retarded idea's. If you don't see pvp fucked it up for pve than you are blind. It's the truth. As a druid im glad that I have abolish poison. All these encounters where you remove a poison and it's back on in a few secs makes it easier to concentrate on healing. If they don't tune these effects down says good bye to some instances.
    It's already friggin anoying doing deathwisher as a druid. Remove curse (mages not doing anything), Cyclone targets and heal. Now you are fucking telling me if someone removes the curse just a split second before i do i loose mana??? And wait wait? You are increasing the mana for dispels?
    If anyone with authority at blizz played there own game and someone came up with this idea they would deserve a kick in the teeth.

This is essentially how it is now.

Some fights introduce a new mechanic, such as mind control on LDW 25, but nothing groundbreaking, and nothing that literally changes a spell from disease to magic, for example.

I'm not QQing about the change, I'm just saying that they should handle this differently, and at least make it so that all 4 (5) types of dispels are handled by any two healers.