Thread: New Dispels

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New Dispels

How do you guys feel about all shamans losing 2 dispels so resto can gain 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

Re: New Dispels

I'm hoping the implication is that remove curse becomes baseline.

I'm also disappointed in the direction they chose to go for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Kinda sad...Oh well, it's not written in stone yet so we'll see if they change it ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    I'm hoping the implication is that remove curse becomes baseline.

I'm also disappointed in the direction they chose to go for balance.
    Oh yeah I forgot you have to talent for curse dispels but in the post they said any other dispel mechanic not mentioned will remain the same so I think they plan on adding offensive and defensive dispels to Cleanse Spirit of whatever it's called in the resto tree
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

Don't like the change. Considering that poisons and diseases are two of the most prevalent afflictions in PvP and PvE I don't see why we have to lose both of them. Cleansing totem, one of our most powerful and useful water totems is now going to be removed?

I would much rather trade curses for poision to take care of crip poision, wound, and viper sting ect.

i was about to post about just this subject:

All shaman will lose dispel disease and dispel poison in exchange for Restoration gaining dispel magic.
    Now i used to play a shaman during bc .. *re rolled from warrior and when wotlk came out i went back to prot/fury warr as my main .. i din't like the forced to do more spell damage on proc idea.*

But it was hard enough as enhance/ele to fight a rogue then. I've barely touched my shaman during wotlk so i may be off base on this, however. If this above from blizz is just Cleansing spell itself it won't be too horrible .. but if they are also taking away the totem how the hell are shaman supposed to be able to fight a rogue without being able to remove their poisons??

I leveld my shaman in wotlk since he's my alch toon but with this change on a pvp server it's going to be near impossible to kill a rogue that jumps you unless you are grouped with someone while you level or a resto and even without being able to remove poisons makes it extremely easy for a rogue to kill one.

crippling .. not going anywhere even with earthbind totem. mind numbing .. enjoy not getting a cast off .. ever. and wounding if you do manage to get that 13241431324 second cast off .. it's not healing for spit.

Seriously i am really hoping that they just mean the cast spell itself and leaving the totem alone. What's an enhance or ele sham suposed to do while leveling on a pvp server other than just be again a free hk to a rogue?

UPDATE:

In Cataclysm we are raising the mana costs, making it possible to waste mana by casting a dispel when there is nothing to dispel, and removing Cleansing Totem, Abolish Disease, and Abolish Poison from the game.

SOURCE: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/2403...mechanics.html

YEP NO MORE CLEANSING TOTEM .. shaman just became an easy free hk for rogues.

Yah, this change is BS. I just looked over the post again, apparently priests get to keep their Body and Soul which lets them cleanse a poision off themselves....so somehow its more important for priests to be able to get rid of poisons but not shaman (PMR favoritism).

Also, all paladins losing their defensive dispel? Isn't that one of the main reasons they were a "defensive support" versus shamans, the offensive support with our offensive dispel. I don't think it's a good idea to get rid of that defensive dispel unless they give Paladins some better form of gap closer.

And the biggest nerf goes to....you guessed it, Shaman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous
    i was about to post about just this subject:

Now i used to play a shaman during bc .. *re rolled from warrior and when wotlk came out i went back to prot/fury warr as my main .. i din't like the forced to do more spell damage on proc idea.*

But it was hard enough as enhance/ele to fight a rogue then. I've barely touched my shaman during wotlk so i may be off base on this, however. If this above from blizz is just Cleansing spell itself it won't be too horrible .. but if they are also taking away the totem how the hell are shaman supposed to be able to fight a rogue without being able to remove their poisons??

I leveld my shaman in wotlk since he's my alch toon but with this change on a pvp server it's going to be near impossible to kill a rogue that jumps you unless you are grouped with someone while you level or a resto and even without being able to remove poisons makes it extremely easy for a rogue to kill one.

crippling .. not going anywhere even with earthbind totem. mind numbing .. enjoy not getting a cast off .. ever. and wounding if you do manage to get that 13241431324 second cast off .. it's not healing for spit.

Seriously i am really hoping that they just mean the cast spell itself and leaving the totem alone. What's an enhance or ele sham suposed to do while leveling on a pvp server other than just be again a free hk to a rogue?

UPDATE:

In Cataclysm we are raising the mana costs, making it possible to waste mana by casting a dispel when there is nothing to dispel, and removing Cleansing Totem, Abolish Disease, and Abolish Poison from the game.

SOURCE: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/2403...mechanics.html

YEP NO MORE CLEANSING TOTEM .. shaman just became an easy free hk for rogues.
    Yeah it's pretty exclusively a buff to rogues since dks have the new unholy blight and now rogues can just stack poison on anyone since nobody has a way to dispel without spamming a button which rogues will stack faster then you can dispel and dispelling will now hurt your mana and while dispeling you won't be able to keep yourself or your partner/s alive
    I play horde.

Quote Originally Posted by epard
    rogues can just stack poison on anyone since nobody has a way to dispel without spamming a button which rogues will stack faster then you can dispel and dispelling will now hurt your mana and while dispeling you won't be able to keep yourself or your partner/s alive
    Pretty much ¬¬
    Let's hope there will be some massive compensation for us Shaman, eh?
    I have hope.. I.. have hope.. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Those are raptors. Raptors are not fish.
    Get out of the water, raptor. You can not breathe there.

Ya this nerf is totally stupid. Removing all poison and disease removals give hunters and rogues free reign now. So a gimped class (shaman) gets more gimped and they give us something..yet only resto gets it and they have to spec into it??? I dont see the logic.

Like one poster said. PMR favoritism...Priests get body and soul to keep (why not let us atleast keep remove poison and disease for atleast ourselves). And they remove our totem which sucked after the nerf hit it...and now we have NO defense against a rogue.

Who has money that if this goes live rogues will have an increase in arena???

Blizz def doesnt get the problem with offensive and defensive dispells. They are going to ruin the everything.

They will remove our fucking imbaness Cleanse Totem? :O

10+ Year Old Account

It was a change to all dispels, they have yet to announce any changes to individual classes, as far as you know, shamans could be the shit new x-pac, you don't know because they have only announced a whoping ONE mechanic change, damn, get over yourselves.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Now that the entire blue post is online, I'd just like to admit that it is crap. Utter crap.

It just seems to me like they're doing a complete 180 on what classes can remove which debuffs, and as a shaman that's quite a nerf. All I ever dispel in instances are diseases and poisons. Removing those from the range, and only supplying the magic dispel to resto, just nerfs any other shaman specc to the ground, defensively. And elemental/enhancement shamans aren't exactly rumored as the most defensive already, but now we'll just be targets for grabs.

I'm looking forward as to how they're planning to implement this PvP wise with Rogue and Hunter debuffs, perhaps make them less frequent and likely to occur. We all know that at the moment, a rogue will have a gazillion poisons on you if possible. Perhaps they make them a bit more powerful, but much much less likely to procc. Hope so!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    It will be the first ground mount to carry more than 2 players. It will require at least one other worgen player to operate and can carry up to 2 non-worgen players.

I think it will be called [Harness]
    - On Worgen Mounts

It was a change to all dispels, they have yet to announce any changes to individual classes, as far as you know, shamans could be the shit new x-pac, you don't know because they have only announced a whoping ONE mechanic change, damn, get over yourselves.
    A change that for now, and for what we know is game changing. So untill we hear about other things we can and will comment on what we DO know.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifer
    A change that for now, and for what we know is game changing. So untill we hear about other things we can and will comment on what we DO know.
    I DO know that these changes aren't going to be thrust into the current class setups of WotLK. Until more information is released for individual class changes for Cataclysm, nothing can be said about this being a bad change or good change for shamans as a class.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius
    I DO know that these changes aren't going to be thrust into the current class setups of WotLK. Until more information is released for individual class changes for Cataclysm, nothing can be said about this being a bad change or good change for shamans as a class.
    Changes to how poisons or diseases are applied in Cata or not Enh and Ele just took a hard nerf in defensive utility losing 2 types of dispel. This is true even if they make remove curse baseline for shaman, poisons and diseases are more prevalent. We don't know what they are going to do about trash buffs with offensive spells either, but its pretty clearly a hard nerf to Enh that they want to prevent Purge spam in the first place, burst and purge spam are the only reason Enh is on the only viable comp it has.

I'm actually okay with cleansing going away under the assumption that rogue poisons take a hard nerf (deadly brew is BS) and UB disease protection also disappears since it was obviously invented to counter cleansing and abolish. They haven't said anything about what is going to happen to trash buffs and 6 separate poisons being instantly applied and reapplied by rogues.

From a straight flavor perspective I don't like the fact that shaman, who heal using the purifying and restoring properties of pure water, cannot cleanse poisons or diseases. Water is a natural cleansing source and should cleanse natural debuffs, not unnatural ones like magic and curses. To me the idea of cleansing poison and disease with water fits with what shaman are supposed to be in this game.

I actually have to agree with what some others have posted, this looks like a buff to some classes, namely druids, this is a nerf to DPS shaman and looks like a nerf to Resto Shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Wow, just wow.. The biggest hit is going to be on the pvp front which I care little for, but this is just a blatant nerf to shaman utility.

Actually, its quite easy to notice the direction in which Blizzard wants to go.
    They want all healing classes to have a niche in dispeling and they want them to be balanced. Not only that but its quite clear that they want only healing classes to have defensive dispels. If you haven't noticed, Paladins, Druids and Priests are in the same boat, they won't be able to dispel defensively any more unless they spec for healing.
    So Blizz is taking away some of the defensive utility from DPS specs and reserving it for healing specs, this means that, running with a healer in 3 vs 3 and above will be mandatory and it is also easier to balance around.

Last but not least, don't think that diseases and poisons will remain the same. The reason Blizzard has allowed defensive spells to become so spamy is because applying offensive debuffs such as poison, curses and magic is so very easy.

I suspect that Blizzard will have to do some radical changes to Rogues and Death Knights so that their poisons and diseases aren't as easy to spam. However that has some dramatic implications too, Death Knights can't do enough damage without diseases and neither can Multilate Rogues.
    Any way, what ever the changes that come, expect rogues to cry nerf, and cry hard once the changes to their poisons hit.

Quote Originally Posted by epard
    How do you guys feel about all shamans losing 2 dispels so resto can gain 1?
    Not upset by it at all. They will balance the game around the new mechanics, so it isn't going to be as big of a nerf as it seems. We will see a lot more magic debuffs and a lot less poisons, diseases, and curses.

Hopefully the changes aren't too much of an oversight though and results in complete DK dominance now that there is no handy totem to remove diseases or priest ticking dispell either.