Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Pre-order Cataclysm in the Netherlands to play the moment it goes online(how?)

Quote Originally Posted by Naliiz
    I remember when wotlk was released that 2 of my guildies were in northrend at 22.00 (10pm) leveling.

They had recieved the game in the mailbox 1-2 days before the release date and the northrend servers (atleast the one for shattered hand eu) apparently went online at 22.00 instead off around midnight (they both were level 72 before I started playing).

So it is possible to get the game, install it and be ready to play right as the servers come online IF you get lucky with the online store that you ordered it from.
    ^this

I have received my WoTLK Game copy a few hourse before it actually went live; I installed it and played at around 10pm... I was the first to complete the DK quest chain -- received plenty of whispers as well.

Re: Pre-order Cataclysm in the Netherlands to play the moment it goes online(how?)

Apply at game store.
    Get hired.
    Make sure you have night off.
    Steal copy in advance.
    ???.
    Profit.

Few days before wotlk arrived there was possibility to dl it from torrent, so when you install, update game you only need key which could be bought on net. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nialyah
    Although I live in Denmark, my friend got his game around 11am.
    While I had to go to a big nerd event in a Blockbuster, wait in line, get my game and get back home and play.

(For some odd reason my friend were able to play prior to midnight. He got lots of whispers)
    I stood in line at blockbuster in DK also, took them 2 hours do dish out all the copies it was hell!!
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Atleast in Ireland/Uk when ordering the game to the house with GAME one got there copy a day early. Meaning we was able to install the game and have it ready to go and key code already registered to the account. On haomarush EU at 10 o clock server time the boat to Northrend arrived. There was 5 people in the guild that had there copies and they happily went on and had the whole of Northrend free to level. As they was so far ahead they also had all the herbs and mining nodes unused and ready to clip.

we have 'game' in the uk, they send it to you the day before as part of their agreement that you're one of the first to play the game

Go to sleep the night of the release.
    wake up
    eat some breakfast
    go to school/work
    go to you gamestore
    buy a copy
    install it
    lol coz realms are offline/too laggy
    come back in a week
    enjoy
    Pew pew

Is it possible to order for day before in Sweden?
    Do we have any stores for this kind of shit?

im seeing these posts about 7-11s that were selling wotlk early, now are these the gas stations in the U.S. or something. reason i ask is that is the only store i can remember that had that name

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeroth
    im seeing these posts about 7-11s that were selling wotlk early, now are these the gas stations in the U.S. or something. reason i ask is that is the only store i can remember that had that name
    They're convenience stores... Kind of like the stores at gass stations but a bit bigger and they sell all kinds of stuff.
    They're pretty much non-existant in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Leemon
    we have 'game' in the uk, they send it to you the day before as part of their agreement that you're one of the first to play the game
    Yep.
    And for wotlk the authorization servers went on at like, 9pm :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

usually most of the stores are opening at 00:00, But my guildies are actually having it like 5 hours before offical release so they can play as soon severs kick in

Personally I just want to be able to get a copy of it digitally on release day and not at midnight. Bad idea?

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

Deleted
    You could always just pop across into Germany and get a copy in one of the outlets there. Most of them will have a midnight sale event. Depending on where you live it might be a bit of a drive though.

Really wondering the same, I pre-ordered WotLK @ bol.com and it came on the day of release, but i'd rather play at midnight without going to a midnight opening as there are no medimarkts in close range to me. Bart smit doesn't seem to open at midnight either and I have no idea if they could deliver it somehow at the day before.

Also remember, game goes up at midnight Pacific Time, therefore allowing for people on the East and Central time to have gone to midnight openings to acquire their copies and install it by then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stonedcold View Post
    Hello,

I couldn't find this anywhere else on this website nor on the internet so I'll start this new topic about it.

I'd like to pre-order Cataclysm somewhere in the Netherlands so that I can play Cata the moment it goes online (like 00:01). I pre-orderd Wotlk @ gameshop but it came the next day around 16:00 while my mates got it around 14:00. It was a pain to see them install while I was running to the mailbox every 20 minutes . But the real deal was that we wanted to play the moment wotlk went live, and not waiting for some packet to arrive.

I've always heard people going online @ 00:01 and I wonder how it's possible. The game goes live @ 00:01, but retail only starts @ that time right? So how can you buy, install the game and go online within one minute :/? So logic tells me those people get the game before the official release and just have to activate the game @ 00:01. Can someone explain this to me? How is it possible to be able to play Cataclysm, assuming it will go the same way as the release of Wotlk, the moment it goes live! (In the netherlands, don't want to order abroad)

I really hope someone has an answer for me and the rest of the dutch community !

edit: How can I play @ 00:01 LEGAL. I know it's possible to go to midnight sales or get it deliverd the next day, but that IS NOT my question.

why not buy the expansion from the blizzard website, thats what ive done with BC , WOTLK and normal wow.. and will be doing it with cata aswell. it saves a load of cupboard space

I am still looking for a shop in the Netherlands that will deliver a copy of Cataclysm before release (1 day before or something). Anyone can help me?

Deleted
    or you just get ideal? its very easy to get in the netherlands and u will download it via the blizz site
    so u dont have to wait in the snow haha