Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Information Coming!

The information, that they are going to change the way that I play my hunter right now, changing mana into energy, is awful. I'm not f__kin' rogue nor kitty druid, that's insane. I hate these damn rogues so much, always bragging, almost always stupid, usually dying with 3-4 arrows from my bow.
    Moreover, it is driving me to ask the question: shall I play hunter more? (rhetoric, don't answer :P) I think some of hunters can be also disheartened.

Deleted

Lol at Paladin getting a day on it's own. Does that mean they don't care as much, or that Paladin's have so many changes [hopefully big ones] that they need a whole day just so we can take it all in, or perhaps so they can deal with all the raging fanbois? Me hopes it's the last one, really. Me would like to see big changes in Paladin class.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)

*The paladin is still deep in development. Instead of giving a preview that would be potentially less comprehensive than the other classes we made the decision to post it when it's ready, in order to properly honor the paladin class and those that play them. The wait isn't too long however as we're expecting to be able to post it on April 16.
    Good things come to those who wait. So they say.

10+ Year Old Account

No one cares about paladins
    I breathe Shadows, Caress with fingers of razor-sharp steel, Weep tears of poison. Mine is the name of your sudden, messy, Death.

Great news everyone!!!!!!!!!

Yay new info about Cataclysm
    80 Rogue / 80 Druid

Everybody knows that in life, it makes the most sense to be a cynic.

So in that spirit, I can't wait for blizzard to decide they liked Vanilla paladins better and send us all back to the days of 30 second seals that you have to reapply every time you judge, 5 minute blessings, Old School Blessing of Salvation (See: What will I buff Mages/Warlocks with 5000 times every raid?), Blessing of Light, and talented consecration.

Now that i've sufficiently made myself emo, my mood can only improve from here.

10+ Year Old Account

Woah, woah, woah, Shamans first? That is Sparta worthy to be honest, hope they get some coolio stuff.

On-topic: Yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay, I get my class info tomorrow <3 Go Warlocks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Just when I thought I was done with class changes, they pull me back in!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Marudas
    Everybody knows that in life, it makes the most sense to be a cynic.

So in that spirit, I can't wait for blizzard to decide they liked Vanilla paladins better and send us all back to the days of 30 second seals that you have to reapply every time you judge, 5 minute blessings, Old School Blessing of Salvation (See: What will I buff Mages/Warlocks with 5000 times every raid?), Blessing of Light, and talented consecration.

Now that i've sufficiently made myself emo, my mood can only improve from here.
    Shouldn't have rolled a loladin, then.

I am happy to see more and more Cata news. It means that the Beta can't be far off. As far as Pallies being "Deep in development" they are the hardest class to balance period. They are the only class that actually uses 3 different sets of off-tier gear. (I say off-tier because boomies and ele shammies can use whatever has int and spell power on it and still be ok while leveling.) I expect there to be some weird changes to pallies in an attempt to get rid of plate heals gear. Idk, make Holy pallies use Plate dps gear? Give us mana and spell power from Str.? (Although, then we'd just stack str. and be unstoppable healing machines that hit like trucks.) IMO the second hardest class to balance is rogues, because they are typically gods in PvP, but in PvE they kinnda stink most of the time. IDK, I hold my real judgements off until I see what is in store for other classes. However I know time and time again blizz has said they want to get rid of plate heals gear, but they can't really figure out a good way to get rid of it.

Deleted

OOOoooo
    Can't wait, bring us the best you can, Blizzard!

But I agree with this
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelic
    No doubt crappy "PvP" is going to be the buzzsaw wielding doctor.

Another round of nerfs coming to shamans tomorrow? excellent! Lets see what more of our utily they can manage to remove, and would mean we can push it up to 3 expansions where blizzard failed to make good on their promise during vanilla of revamping totems and actually making them good XD

Damn it Paladin Info coming out on the day i got camping for 3 days , well at least i can see the Shaman Information Early since im rolling a Goblin Shaman, i hope they nerf paladins in PvP and make up for it in PvE.

It's quiet... toooo quiet... -Nerf Balls come out from all sides-

Quote Originally Posted by Frigid
    They said something about that healers will go OOM quickly if they use big mana inefficient spells, but that it would even out a bit in later content healing gear. I assume ele/boomkin gear isn't suited for healing at all, and that therefor healing spells will always be very expensive to cast for offspec players. This, combined with blizzard stating that healing manapools would be alot more important in cataclysm, made me assume heals will be mana expensive.
    Heals will go OOM if they just spam their largest heal, which is usually the most mana costly of spells. They want healers to use all of their different spells and use them with some sort of intelligence and finesse. Knowing what to cast and when. Ele/Boomkin gear isn't for healing and even tho they will use the same gear as their resto counterparts, the "healing" itemization will turn into DPS stats via talents which you can see on a Blue post somewhere. It explains all about it. Of course the mana cost of Boomkin/Ele's casting healing spells are high. DPS specs don't reduce the mana cost of healing spells. Sure they can still be "hybrids" but you can't expect for the healing spells to be as efficient as they are for the Resto specs. Mana will be important in Cata because they're making changes but they've said time and time again that mana pools are going to be bigger but you're not just going to have ridiculous mana regen and you're going to need to develope some sort of skill to heal in Cataclysm, ie; not spamming your most costly, largest heal for 6min. Healers now just about never run out of mana and if they do, there's just soo many ways to get mana back either thru innervates or just replinishment in general. So many people just turn what the Blizz dev. team says into something completely different. It's more like what they want to hear because they want to complain, rather that what's actually being said.

The information, that they are going to change the way that I play my hunter right now, changing mana into energy, is awful. I'm not f__kin' rogue nor kitty druid, that's insane. I hate these damn rogues so much, always bragging, almost always stupid, usually dying with 3-4 arrows from my bow.
    Moreover, it is driving me to ask the question: shall I play hunter more? (rhetoric, don't answer ) I think some of hunters can be also disheartened.
    Where did you read that hunters are getting energy like Rogues and Kitties? It's more like, you guys are all getting FOCUS much like HUNTER pets use. It's actually exactly what hunter pets use. It should be the Rogues and Kitties complaining that they're not HUNTER PETS, not the Hunter themselves. What a silly thing to QQ about, it doesn't affect your class in any way and it's probably better because you'll realistically never run out of Focus because it will work off haste to regen for all 3 classes. L2read before you QQ about absolutely nothing. I could understand if mana was a huge part of the Hunter class and gave you more than just an ability to pewpew... What you're getting is better.

inb4 dotshocking shaman forums

*Looks at dates*

Oooo Shamans are tomorrow. I am leveling up a enhancement right now. Hopefully I will understand the class changes since I am still a noob to Shaman lol.

Hunters are 3 days away. I would love to know what Hunter changes they have in mind since my hunter is my main.

I am worried about pallies since there is alot of development into this and it is the latest date. I hope there aren't dramatic changes and nerfs cause that would suck, but I have a feeling that will be the case. Hopefully ret won't get hit too hard.

WOOO! I cannot wait for the warrior abilities! Hopefully something that makes the top tier of fury interesting as well as pummel in battle stance!

already sitting ready with popcorn to enjoy the flamefest

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by dannax
    So many people just turn what the Blizz dev. team says into something completely different. It's more like what they want to hear because they want to complain, rather that what's actually being said.
    They were still only assumptions, and tbh, they weren't that out of the ordinary and twisted right? I've got the feeling that blizzard is going to make playstyles more fixed to the spec you're playing (removing options for prot/ret etc that they had in wotlk). In that scenario healing spells would fit less in a hybrid caster dps than they do now. But hey, what you're saying isn't wrong either. It were only assumptions, and the real changes will hopefully be presented to us soon