Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Class Information Coming!

"first of all, no shamans wont become a defensive ability..." noooooooooooooooooo. oh, just a bad drean. cant wait for tomorrow

OK, after reading 11 pages of "OMG why are they reworking Pallies?!?", with 4 more to go, I have to try to stop the madness. They are reworking EVERYONE. They are completely changing gear AND talents for every spec of every class, plus adding mastery. NO ONE is avoiding a complete rework, there is no possible way they could avoid reworking anyone. The fact that Pallies are taking longer to get info means nothing. They've stated straight up that all classes are in various stages of being reworked, and everyone is getting different levels of detailed information. Pallies happen to be the class that they are particularly working on right now, so they're waiting until they finish to release the info. It makes perfect sense.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It's also important to understand that some classes are currently further along in the development process than others, and as a result the amount of information will vary from class to class. Please do not let this frustrate you should your class be amongst those which are on the "lighter" side of things, as all classes will receive the same level of design attention before the expansion is released. Additionally we'll be providing more information for all classes, especially as we move into the beta phase.
    See? It could be that Shammy info is released tomorrow, and it boils down to "We have no idea really, these are some ideas we're kicking around". It could be that the Pally info released next Friday is completely comprehensive. It could be the opposite. The Hell people? Did you somehow think that you were going to get a completely revamped talent tree, readjusted gear stats, *and* mastery worked in, without also getting a full class revamp? Other than the core class abilities like stealth, forms, bubbles, etc, it's likely that very little of what we "know" about any class will stay the same.

QQ starting already?

:-\
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by G_PoWeR
    QQ starting already?

It certainly seems that way. Apparently paladins suck now? I think it's more a problem of the player.

paladin was the latest on BC, the latest on woltk, and oh man, what a surprise ! it will be the latest also this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Lotena
    It certainly seems that way. Apparently paladins suck now? I think it's more a problem of the player.
    Yep, go look at there forums...I think they need to be pampered some more, Blizz is hurting there feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotena
    Paladins, and in particular ret are going to be recieving some of the greatest changes in the next expansion.....again.

They decided to shy away from dps healing so they have to give ret an actual defense asside from healing and lolbubblelol.

They have to completely revamp ret in pvp with a snare, gap closer, and interrupt since we no longer have cleanse. No other spec as it currently stands would be affected as greatly as ret would with the upcoming changes to dispels in cata. (Possibly enhance shams but still not as much as ret).

Don't forget they did mention giving new abilities to ret in a post about enhance so as to complicate our damage and give us a way to mess up. All in all I expect ret to be almost unrecognizable from today just like wotlk is to BC.

10+ Year Old Account

Looking forward to seeing the lock and hunter changes.
    Hopefully they've done some awesome stuff with paladins if it's gonna be that much longer.

I have to wait until the 16th? AMGWTFQQ

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Soon...

Considering the last two huge patches (2.0 prior to TBC and 3.0 prior to WOTLK) they failed to properly balance retribution, perhaps this lengthened reworking of the class will help to avoid repeating the same mistake three times. But then again I'm not optimistic, they seem rather comfortable buffing the shit out of retribution and then nerfing it right away as if they didn't bother testing it at all (see divine storm doing holy damage, etc.) This is by no means a QQ post either, I think most pallys would rather get a decently balanced damage specc straight away rather then getting ridiculously buffed and then trickle down to mediocrity with a series of nerfs and enough whining from rogues and other classes to make your ears bleed.

As for holy, maybe we'll get to push more than one or two buttons... maybe .

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Wait... So Blizz is once again back handing pallies? Nothing new. Already sounds like I'll have to switch to my DK...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc
    I call this a fake blue, shaman can't be first :P

Seeing the paladin date, Im guessing Blizz has huge plans for all paladin specs especially because its a very sensitive class.

nomnom warriors day after tomorrow, can't wait

So much complaining in this thread and nothing has even been released yet, never ceases to amaze me how emo WOW players can be.

am I the only one who feels gypped that today, their information release is how there will be more information later?

They could have made an article on spirit or something. >

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

This is more exciting then the word exciting itself. It's time to see what I'm playing this time around (10 85s anyone?)
    Count Off! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1! 1!

Quote Originally Posted by G_PoWeR
    QQ starting already?

Wait, wait...the QQ stopped at some point?

15+ Year Old Account

I know that waiting on paladin info could be seen as a negative, but I am trying to look at it as a positive. If they are spending that much time on the class they are probably trying to make it better for Cata. Honestly there have been very little in terms of QQ and nerfs for paladins in Wrath so I dont see why they would greatly the class to the point of breaking it. There is no point worrying about it really.

Everything I say is absolute. If you disagree, you're a communist.