Starting to Play Warlock Again

Hey everyone my first character was my warlock and I got him to 80 earlier and wrath and never played him, so I'm asking for some advice.

I like demonology for battlegrounds but I am wondering what is the best spec for pvp all around.

Also what should I gem for arenas?

I am more interested in PvP on my warlock because I PvE on my Deathknigt any information would be nice.

Re: Starting to Play Warlock Again

all about personal preference imo. both afflic and destro are good pvp specs for different reasons and different comps. alot also depends on playstyle. personally, if your not sure, try out both specs, look em up a bit and do a few bg's( nt 1 because it may take a while to get used to)

Destruction turns you for the large part into a turret with little option but to stand still to do anything, and if you can go uninterrupted you can put out large numbers.
    Affliction suffers less from that, but lacks the burst.
    Play both should it be realistic to do so, and see what you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Both previous posters are correct, dualspec if you can, load up all the appropriate glyphs, and do some serious experimenting. (aka- a lot more than just one or two bg's with each)

Destro --
    Pro's = awesome burst, instant incinerate procs when you get focused, incoming spell damage lowered as you get hammered by spells, ability to daze and aoe-stun, a little more flat-damage reduction than affliction.
    Cons = Have to plant your feet to seriously dps. Extremely vulnerable to interrupts and the spell lockouts that go with them. A lot less self-healing ability.
    Gems/Enchants = Haste is your best friend since you have cast times on most of your spells, along with spellpower/stamina to get socket bonuses if needed.

Affliction --
    Pro's = The DoT master, rarely need to plant your feet - damage on the run, instant aoe-fear, spammable slowing dot, fears have slow after, a ton of self-healing ability without slowing down your damage, far less vulnerable to interrupts, more able to dps multiple targets at once, your best dot can crit and can be effected by haste.
    Cons = Slower damage, no burst. Best single-target damage achieved by stacking dots and channeling, which opens the door to interrupts. No stun, so only one CC method, fear.
    Gems/Enchants = Since you will not regularly have the opportunity to get a shadowbolt off, haste + crit mean far less to you than to Destro. Haste and crit end up only benefiting Haunt, UA, fear(haste only), and corruption(haste only with the glyph). And since Haunt, UA, and fear already have 1.5 sec base cast times, really its just corruption. Due to this, I lean the spellpower route for affliction, which benefits everything. And then use resilience/stamina to get socket bonuses if needed.

There are other pros and cons I could list, but they are for the class in pvp as a whole and not tree-dependent. Also probably goes without saying but you normally spend your extra talents running down Demo tree to get stamina, fel synergy, better armor spells, soul link, and probably master summoner or at least Fel Dom. Typical cookie cutter pvp glyphs are soul link, shadowflame, and one glyph specific to your tree, like conflagrate or howl/lifetap/quickdecay/siphonlife etc, depending on your taste.

Hope this helps you get started pvping with my favorite pvp class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel
    Long story short, my voidwalker is borderline retarded.

10+ Year Old Account

Would like to add that afflic is also a walking fear bomb, because of the instant AoE fear talent, and the survivability is quite amazing, because almost all your spells have health returns.

The lack of burst really does suck though.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda
    Would like to add that afflic is also a walking fear bomb, because of the instant AoE fear talent, and the survivability is quite amazing, because almost all your spells have health returns.

The lack of burst really does suck though.
    Yeah, and if you love fear-bombing, the howl glyph is awesome. Lowering the CD by 20% on an instant aoe-fear just makes me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel
    Long story short, my voidwalker is borderline retarded.

dont you know a fuck about this game? dont you ever see locks fight? how fucking hard can it be just to know what is good for pvp and what is not!!=?!?!?!?! YES i am having a bad day and this noob aint making it better!

It just got a bit worse, this forum is not intended as a substitute for deep-breathing exercises ~ Rat

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by 06icb
    dont you know a fuck about this game? dont you ever see locks fight? how fucking hard can it be just to know what is good for pvp and what is not!!=?!?!?!?! YES i am having a bad day and this noob aint making it better!
    jesus dude, relax.