Thread: Threat problems

Threat problems

Hi friends, i have a problem with aggro in bear. Since yesterday i'm trying to be tank. I have some items buyed from vendor, some from icc etc. I can do threat about 6-7k TPS...but its pretty low..because some dps' can do 8k+ threat per second, for example MM hunt, kitty druid, mage...

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...7thul&cn=Nooki

pls give me some advice...

btw i know that i don't have enchant on weapon

Re: Threat problems

Personally i wouldnt waste mats on enchanting that weapon anyway mate. Its terribad for tanks. Taking a non-agility weapon is a bad idea, your gimping out on about 2.5-3% dodge for starters. And the difference in stamina is not all that great. Pick up a Agi weapon asap.

Your spec isnt the best either, if you want to do Imp Mangle then you have to go 3/3 in it. And King of the Jungle (which you have specced into without T10) is the worst thing you can do as a tank. Enrage reduces your armor, why would you want to do that?

Fill in your minor glyph slots, one with Challenging Roar and the other with whatever you prefer, dash and thorns are good imo.

The two things you can do to increase your threat are:
    A. Get 2pc T10, the extra damage to swipe is imense and is almost required in ICC, as you can see, your losing threat, thats why the game designers gave us that as a 2pc.
    B. Now because A. will take abit of time to aquire, i suggest you start by changing your spec to something like this. What you dont get is Imp Leader of the pack, which isnt all that much to shout about, with the buffs to healing (In ICC) this is even more useless anyway, and you also miss out on Omen Of Clarity, because lets face it, when are you gona be rage staved in ICC? What you do get is Master shape shifter, which on its own should fix your threat, but you also get Imp Mangle. If both of those talents dont greatly increase your threat straight away, then i'm afraid its a learn to play issue.

If you find that you dont need Imp Mangle, then slap the points in OOC and ILoTP

I know that i really need weapon with agi, but i have only staff from festergut 25 in main spec(dmg). So i'm waiting for a new one.
    what about spec like this? http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZxGGscrzceRc0zAkbAczb(0/55/16)

I don't have 2pc t10 yet, because i have 4pc set for dps and don't have enough emblems yet.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nooki
    I know that i really need weapon with agi, but i have only staff from festergut 25 in main spec(dmg). So i'm waiting for a new one.
    No need to wait for a new one. Even if you have socketed the festergut staff with ArP its going to be better than your current mace (provided you have mongoose not berserking :P )

2 more things i suggest you do:
    - drop the brewfest trinket for any other decent tank trinket
    - Enchant your chest with +10 stats (or +18 stam if you want to go that way > ) both will give more benefit than +275 health

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    No need to wait for a new one. Even if you have socketed the festergut staff with ArP its going to be better than your current mace (provided you have mongoose not berserking :P )

2 more things i suggest you do:
    - drop the brewfest trinket for any other decent tank trinket
    - Enchant your chest with +10 stats (or +18 stam if you want to go that way > ) both will give more benefit than +275 health
    yes, i have it socketed with arp and enchanted with mongoose

brewfest trinket sux :/ but vitality hasn't dropped me or trinket from profesor Putricide 10 man...or can I use dodge trinket?

Use your dps staff, badge armor trinket is decent.

Idd, use your DPS staff mate, that wil help your threat automatically and your avoidance

Quote Originally Posted by Richmond
    Idd, use your DPS staff mate, that wil help your threat automatically and your avoidance
    I agree he should use Distant Land it is all round a better choice for tanking but I'm pretty sure it will give him lower threat. The strength and expertise on Oxheart actually make it a really good threat weapon.

Your bear spec is also one that requires 4 part t10. At the moment you are specced into KOTJ, you should never pop enrage during a fight unless you have 4 part t10 the armor debuff just hurts too much so the dps and threat buff is going to be wasted. Lose the points from KOTJ and Imp Mangle and put them in to Natural Shapeshifter and Master Shape Shifter. That will boost your threat a little bit and has the bonus of simplifying your rotation by a large amount, something that will make your life easier as you get used to tanking. Once you have the four part t10 for tanking and feel more comfortable with the rotation you can go back to your current build if you want to.

On the topic of rotation you might want to have a look there, you should be converting almost all of your white swings to mauls. If you aren't managing to do this then consider macroing maul to every ability you use. (plus less risk of RSI from mashing your maul key) Maul is our biggest contributor to threat and one of the most common reasons for low bear threat is not using it often enough. Other than mauling constantly your rotation is basically a priority list:

Mangle when off cd, Feral Faerie Fire when off cd, lacerate to 5 stacks as filler, once lacerate is at five stacks use swipe as a filler until you need to refresh lacerate. With a MSS build this looks something like:

M,FFF,L,L,M,FFF,L,L,M,FFF,L,S,M,FFF,S,S,M,FFF,S,S,M,FFF,L,S,M more or less, that last lacerate timing might be a bit off.

If you do decide to go with an Imp Mangle build it should be 3/3 not 2/3 and your rotation gets messy. Basically you can only fit two abilities in between mangles and your feral faerie fire will often come off cd at the same time as mangle. This leads to a fairly complex rotation but it is not too hard to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dargoth
    I agree he should use Distant Land it is all round a better choice for tanking but I'm pretty sure it will give him lower threat. The strength and expertise on Oxheart actually make it a really good threat weapon.
    Not really. The ilvl difference between Oxheart and Distant Land negates any advantages from the strength without taking into account the 200+ ap Distand Land also has in addition to the haste and the ArP gems he says he's using. True he will lose 9-10 expertise but he should still have around 20 on the character screen which should be ok until he can pick up some more gear.

OP, drop imp mangle from your wowhead build and put it into Infected Wounds. Looks fine otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    Not really. The ilvl difference between Oxheart and Distant Land negates any advantages from the strength without taking into account the 200+ ap Distand Land also has in addition to the haste and the ArP gems he says he's using. True he will lose 9-10 expertise but he should still have around 20 on the character screen which should be ok until he can pick up some more gear.

OP, drop imp mangle from your wowhead build and put it into Infected Wounds. Looks fine otherwise.
    Still a bit less threat from what I can see but agreed Distant Land is a better choice purely for avoidance and mitigation. The spec you are looking at is his cat spec. (or at least I hope it is) He has a 3/3 Kotj, 2/3 imp mangle bear build.

So what do you think about this build?

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZxGGscrzceRcczVkbAczb

and when i use distand land i have only 21 expertise, with oxheart i have 30 expertise
    with staff i have more dodge, about 2%

That's precisely the build I use so yeah I like it. I'd say go with that till your comfortable tanking then see if you want to switch it up. As for Distant Land vs Oxheart, it's a tough call. Gemmed with stam I'd say Distant Land in a heartbeat but if the choice is oxheart with stam and distant land with ArP then I'm not so sure. You are trading 86 stam, 148 strength and 76 expertise for 146 agi, and 598 AP. Although the ArP gems in distant land are pretty good for threat too. If you are still main speccing kitty and only going bear occasionally I would say stick with Oxheart until you can get better. If you are going full time bear then I'd say go all in and regem that distant land.

Quote Originally Posted by Dargoth
    Still a bit less threat from what I can see but agreed Distant Land is a better choice purely for avoidance and mitigation. The spec you are looking at is his cat spec. (or at least I hope it is) He has a 3/3 Kotj, 2/3 imp mangle bear build.
    I was looking at the build linked in the #2 post.

Compare

More crit, arp, haste and around a 250 ap increase over Oxheart not to mention the avoidance. Only thing he's really losing is some stam and expertise which can be made up elsewhere.

Hell, drop the arp gems for two agility/stam gems and use it for cat & bear.

Compare 2

Use the distant land regardless of its gems, it should be mongoose anyway. Make the suggested spec changes, don't use enrage on anything but like heroic bosses or trash, switch brewfest trinket for black heart or triumph badge trink, use the frost badge idol if you have it, or the conquest idol if you dont, chest enchant 10 stats, try to find a better neck (rotface 25 or ToC10), and those gloves are cat itemized

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    I was looking at the build linked in the #2 post.

Compare

More crit, arp, haste and around a 250 ap increase over Oxheart not to mention the avoidance. Only thing he's really losing is some stam and expertise which can be made up elsewhere.

Hell, drop the arp gems for two agility/stam gems and use it for cat & bear.

Compare 2
    Actually you are quite right, I screwed something up in my napkin math and Distant Land is a TPS boost even with the ArP gems.