Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy
    They could combine the ideas of Lightwell and PW:Barrier into something like "Light barrier" which absorbs a set amount of damage to your party. Like a totem effect or Divine Sacrifice.
    Not sure about that but any ability with that name would be hell too cool for anything in the game atm.(gief light barrier graphics and I will die instantly,just imagine..)

  2. #22

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Well maybe the new Spriest "nuke" could be a final timer value for MF so that when it finishes casting your MB does more damage...

    Wait sorry I confused Spriest with mage my bad...

    Ummm a free automatic 4th tick of MF if you channel the whole spell and don't clip the last tick? (Still only 3 ticks in the channel just a 4th "magical" tick gets tacked on like a SW)

    On that note a full channel of MF could remove the backfire on SW to make it less risky that you'll end up blowing yourself up (13 stacks of instability and I wasn't paying attention leave me alone >.<)

    Mind Flay could also have a chance (Maybe glyphed or talented) too refresh the cooldown on Mind Blast.

    And yes it's all about the mind flay but it's the iconic shadow priest spell so why not ^_^.
    Daenerýs

    “It's fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, all that--it's all illusion. Unknown is what it is. Accept that it's unknown and it's plain sailing. Everything is unknown--then you're ahead of the game. That's what it is. Right?” - John Lennon

  3. #23

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Besides the nerf to int in the disc tree, I am curious what they will do with all our spirit talents in the holy tree. No doubt Spiritual Guidance will get the axe and placed with some stupid "mastery" talent.

    I don't think Blizz will add any new spells. Maybe add a few more fun glyphs. I know this would be OP but something like "While in Spirit of Redemption, you can resurrect your fallen allies." I mean you are gonna die, why not have the chance to raise someone else?

    However, I do have a question that I am not sure it could be answered here. With the changes to cleanses/dispels, in particular the Shadow priest not being able to use abolish/cure disease in Shadowform, does that mean it will become a holy spell (since shadow priests can still cast disc spells in shadowform) and therefore have those talents related to those abilities moved to the holy tree?


  4. #24
    I am Murloc! Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    5,852

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    I hear Power word: Barrier is coming ;D

    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

  5. #25

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Terenas Menethil is a priest. Terenas Menethil is higher level than us. Terenas Menethil casts Mass Ressurection on us.
    Therefore, we will get Mass Ressurection.

    GIEF KTHXBAI YOU CANT SNIPE MY RESSES ANYMORE, I'LL SNIPE ALL OF YOURS.... AT THE SAME TIME!!111!

  6. #26

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    I'm wondering if we're getting a cheap heal in cataclysm.

    FHeal is obviously our fast inefficient heal
    GHeal is obviously our big expensive heal

    Yes, I know that fheal is our most efficient heal, but that only says anything about the general cost of healing priest spells. It's still the most expensive heal in its class. We're kinda lacking something here if mana isn't going to bite us badly in cataclysm. And according to GC, it shouldn't? Maybe I'm misreading him, and by "we're not supposed to run oom if we use the right spells" actually means "we will run oom, but slightly slower if we use the cheap spells".

    Can't really make any ups or downs about it tbh...
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

  7. #27

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic
    Terenas Menethil is a priest. Terenas Menethil is higher level than us. Terenas Menethil casts Mass Ressurection on us.
    Therefore, we will get Mass Ressurection.

    GIEF KTHXBAI YOU CANT SNIPE MY RESSES ANYMORE, I'LL SNIPE ALL OF YOURS.... AT THE SAME TIME!!111!
    when i came over from guild wars i was confused for a short time thinking priests had "mass ressurect" too

  8. #28

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    I'm wondering if we're getting a cheap heal in cataclysm.

    FHeal is obviously our fast inefficient heal
    GHeal is obviously our big expensive heal

    Yes, I know that fheal is our most efficient heal, but that only says anything about the general cost of healing priest spells. It's still the most expensive heal in its class. We're kinda lacking something here if mana isn't going to bite us badly in cataclysm. And according to GC, it shouldn't? Maybe I'm misreading him, and by "we're not supposed to run oom if we use the right spells" actually means "we will run oom, but slightly slower if we use the cheap spells".

    Can't really make any ups or downs about it tbh...
    I thought the mose elegant solution would just be to give us new ranks of Heal. That can be the slow-ish, efficent heal, Greater will be the heavy hitter and Flash will be fast and inefficent.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  9. #29

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Divine Power Word: Shield
    Rank 1
    46% of base mana 40 yd range
    3 second cast 10 minute cooldown

    Draws on the soul of your party/raid members to shield them, absorbing 1265 damage. Lasts 30 sec. While the shield holds, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again for 15 sec.


    At least that's what I would do. It sounds OP but wouldn't be much more than a Priest version of Divine Sacrifice. Basically a PW:S on your whole raid.

  10. #30
    Herald of the Titans iLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,533

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    I am pretty sure there's going to be some changes around buff system as a Priest. Stamina, spirit and shadow resistance in one spell, just like Druids' (ex.).
    I don't think they will add a heal that's a middle thing between Greater Heal and Flash Heal. What I do hope is that Blizzard will rally more on changes than additions (thinking in adding spells). I rather want them to make our current spells more interesting and fun. If we get a larger arsenal of spells, it's IMO becoming too much, which isn't needed. Sure we could use probably use some new spells, but adding something like "2sec cast, 10.000 heal" is not fun. Instead make some interesting ideas around buffing the spells we already have if you do xxx or when you cast xxx, then xxx will xxx.

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans iLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,533

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna
    Divine Power Word: Shield
    Rank 1
    46% of base mana 40 yd range
    3 second cast 10 minute cooldown

    Draws on the soul of your party/raid members to shield them, absorbing 1265 damage. Lasts 30 sec. While the shield holds, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage. Once shielded, the target cannot be shielded again for 15 sec.


    At least that's what I would do. It sounds OP but wouldn't be much more than a Priest version of Divine Sacrifice. Basically a PW:S on your whole raid.
    It sounds far from fun. You cannot shield your raid again for 15 seconds with any Power Word: Shield (nor else will be able to), and it will be too good on 25 compared to too bad on 10/5 man.

  12. #32
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,080

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Shadow word: COMBAT RESSS

  13. #33

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Prayer of Power Word: Shield
    Rank 1
    20% of base mana 40 yd range
    Instant cast 15 sec cooldown

    Places a shield on the target, absorbing 2230 damage. Lasts 30 sec. When the shield is broken, Prayer of Power Word: Shield jumps to a party or raid member within 20 yards. Jumps up to 5 times and lasts 30 sec after each jump. This shield does not cause the Weakened Soul debuff, and can stack with other shielding effects such as Power Word: Shield, Divine Aegis, etc. This spell can only be placed on one target at a time.


    Man I could make up Disc Priest spells all day long. Not so much for shadow/holy though.

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans iLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,533

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna
    Prayer of Power Word: Shield
    Rank 1
    20% of base mana 40 yd range
    Instant cast 15 sec cooldown

    Places a shield on the target, absorbing 2230 damage. Lasts 30 sec. When the shield is broken, Prayer of Power Word: Shield jumps to a party or raid member within 20 yards. Jumps up to 5 times and lasts 30 sec after each jump. This shield does not cause the Weakened Soul debuff, and can stack with other shielding effects such as Power Word: Shield, Divine Aegis, etc. This spell can only be placed on one target at a time.


    Man I could make up Disc Priest spells all day long. Not so much for shadow/holy though.
    Blizzard wants to get away from using buttons on CD reset, and this is yet another move for it. Not fun again. :s

  15. #35

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    It sounds far from fun. You cannot shield your raid again for 15 seconds with any Power Word: Shield (nor else will be able to), and it will be too good on 25 compared to too bad on 10/5 man.
    I doubt it. It's no different than what we do in 25s right now for raid dmg heavy fights, blanket the raid with shields. This would be great during a Tantrum from XT, when the little saplings explode on Freya hard mode, Whiteout on Toravon, Burning Breath for Koravon, Pungent Blight on Fester, sometime during the end of p3 on PP, 2nd air phase on BQL, and numerous places for Sindragosa & LK.

    It would be great no doubt, but it's not like it's a spammable deal and it's srsly not much different in effect than Divine Sacrifice imo. If it's too OP you could add that it puts a Sated/Exhausted-like debuff on players for 10min or so to prevent multiple Disciplines abusing it in raids. Also, in my description I ranked down PW:S absorb power for a reason. It'd be like a half-strength PW:S, just on the whole raid.

  16. #36

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    Blizzard wants to get away from using buttons on CD reset, and this is yet another move for it. Not fun again. :s
    Why? Too much time management for people to watch one of their four spells on CD? I wasn't aware of Blizz's intentions with this.

  17. #37
    Pandaren Monk Ravasha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,855

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysdexic
    Terenas Menethil is a priest. Terenas Menethil is higher level than us. Terenas Menethil casts Mass Ressurection on us.
    Therefore, we will get Mass Ressurection.

    GIEF KTHXBAI YOU CANT SNIPE MY RESSES ANYMORE, I'LL SNIPE ALL OF YOURS.... AT THE SAME TIME!!111!
    No, you get that in your Guild Talent Tree.

  18. #38
    Herald of the Titans iLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,533

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna
    I doubt it. It's no different than what we do in 25s right now for raid dmg heavy fights, blanket the raid with shields. This would be great during a Tantrum from XT, when the little saplings explode on Freya hard mode, Whiteout on Toravon, Burning Breath for Koravon, Pungent Blight on Fester, sometime during the end of p3 on PP, 2nd air phase on BQL, and numerous places for Sindragosa & LK.

    It would be great no doubt, but it's not like it's a spammable deal and it's srsly not much different in effect than Divine Sacrifice imo. If it's too OP you could add that it puts a Sated/Exhausted-like debuff on players for 10min or so to prevent multiple Disciplines abusing it in raids. Also, in my description I ranked down PW:S absorb power for a reason. It'd be like a half-strength PW:S, just on the whole raid.
    I didn't say OP. I said that the difference between using it on 10 and 25 man is large (~250% more effective in 25 than 10 man), so therefor a better suggestion would be for the group of 5 people or 5 random people. Then you would still be able to use shield on other targets.

    Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna
    Why? Too much time management for people to watch one of their four spells on CD? I wasn't aware of Blizz's intentions with this.
    Blizzard doesn't want cooldowns to be spammed, but give them an effect that makes them better at some situations than on others, so the player can feel the "NOW IS THE TIME" effect. Therefor adding a spell like Prayer of Mending (which is casted on CD often) would be a stupid move, because they just stated they wanted to get away from it.

  19. #39

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    They will need to make some interesting changes if they want me to buy the expansion.

    Spriest burst will be hard for them to make. They wanted us to be able to get some instant damage, dp change was one of them. So I guess it's some kind of frosty bold we should start our rotation with, expensive but does some damage and then we can use it if silenced in shadow school.
    I don't see what else they can do for us in shadow, and I know they wont do much cause, well, they are never generous to priests. I hope they do something to our mobility in pvp. One thing I would miss, since cataclysm lvl81 greens will be better than our icc gear we will lose our 4-set bonus and I hope they will make mind flay always be like the bonus is. We really need it.

    For healing priests. Well, we know blizz prefer pallys and druids as healers so we won't get anything that makes us better than them. Holy needs more mana and they will make mana problems more common to healers so I guess holy is quite balanced already there. If holy will be fixed for rated bgs? That would be interesting but I don't know how they would do that but since druids are op bg healers they probably won't bother with holy there.

    We all know holy pallys will get more healing spells. So barrier with bubbles to spread would be nice and might be the only thing disco might get a sight of. But pallys will still be best tank healers and hopefully disc could come in place with support tank + raid healing with same healing spells and bubbles for raid when bosses throw some burst. Bubbles would make disc better in rated battlegrounds as well and need that spot since holy priests never will be chosen in bg teams aiming somewhere.

    So, not very positive this might seem. But we should know that blizzard is careful when it comes to the priestly class... they won't throw gold and roses all over our chars... they will nice and slowly give us some candy once in a while to make us satisfied so we pay them our monthly fee.
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  20. #40

    Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    I thought the most elegant solution would just be to give us new ranks of Heal. That can be the slow-ish, efficent heal, Greater will be the heavy hitter and Flash will be fast and inefficent.
    I was actually thinking this over myself, on my way to work Abandon. Now you, get out of my head D:
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •