Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

Dark Mend HOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm also hoping we get 3 heals. Flash Heal, Heal and Greater Heal. Give us a 1.5, 2 and 2.5 second heal for different purposes. The lack of a 2 second heal with higher throughput is what killed Disc as a tank healer and hopefully they fix it. Hopefully also change Borrowed Time so that you get 25% haste for the next spell cast, but also +10% haste for the next 20 seconds after a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    I'm not really sure how the nuke will play out, to be honest.

It has to beat MF, otherwise there is no point in casting the new nuke, ever.
    It can't beat MF, otherwise MF is simply deprecated, replacing the iconic spriest spell with a bolt.

... I'm puzzled.

What could make sense is that the "new nuke" is some talent increasing MFdps on non-player mobs for the first 20 seconds.
    My guess is that our new nuke will actually end up being our new filler, with some kind of synergetic effect between it and Mindflay similar, but not exactly, like an Arcane Mage has with it's Arcane Blast and Arcane Missile.

My first thought is something along the lines of this (names are just filler names):

New Spell
    Dark Smite: 2.5 second cast time, reduced to 2.0 seconds through talents. No cool down.
    - The Priests strikes his target with tainted light, dealing X shadow damage to the target.

New Talent
    Shadow Power: Each time your Mind Flay deals damage, there is a 33/66/100% chance to gain the Shadow Power effect. Shadow Power increases the damage dealt by your next Dark Smite by 10%. Stacks up to 6 times.

or, if you prefer a proc-based system with a little bit of RNG:

Shadow Power: Each time your Mind Flay deals damage, there is a 10/20/30% chance to gain the Shadow Power effect. Shadow Power increases the damage dealt by your next Dark Smite by 20%. Stacks up to 3 times.

With these spells, We'd still use Mind Flay as our main filler, but when we get six (or three for the second option) stacks of Shadow Power, we'd want to immediately use it on Dark Smite as, with the full buff, it would be our highest damage dealing ability excluding DoTs.

Alternately,

Mind Shred: Each time you cast Dark Smite, you have a 20% chance to gain the Mind Shred effect. While under the effects of Mind Shred, the channel duration, period, and global cool down triggered by your next three Mind Flays are reduced by 50%.

This would essentially be a Missile Barrage/Backdraft hybrid talent.

Another option we could see that doesn't have to do with our new nuke we may or may not get would be to greatly increase the damage potential for Shadow Word: Death and have a talent that would be similar to Backdraft after using it.

EDIT = Modified formatting.

Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Seen how the 4pc Tier 10 bonus played out, maybe the new nuke will replace Mind Blast instead of Mind Flay, of course, we might not abandon MB completely, but perhaps only use it every 15 seconds or so to trigger Replenish in pve and used as a fast nuke in pvp.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xel
    Seen how the 4pc Tier 10 bonus played out, maybe the new nuke will replace Mind Blast instead of Mind Flay, of course, we might not abandon MB completely, but perhaps only use it every 15 seconds or so to trigger Replenish in pve and used as a fast nuke in pvp.
    I rather want Replenishment to occur inside base rotation instead of it to appear when I use a spell that makes low damage.

Just throwing this out there...... Just a random thought.

I don't think they ever specifically said we'd be getting a new spell. They just said that we'd be getting a no-cooldown, spammable nuke.

Maybe they're revamping Mind Blast? Increasing it's damage and cast time and coefficients and whatnot to resemble other similar nukes from other caster classes. The current talent to reduce it's cooldown could become a talent to reduce it's cast from 3 or 2.5 seconds to 2.5 or 2 seconds.

Boring, I know, I'm just saying, that THAT might be the special Shadow nuke they're thinking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

give something to tap 3-4 ticks of dot(s) at once...gief some burst!

i realy hope we get a good shadow ability with a big cooldown ( i am realy sad when ppl say ''pop your cooldowns'' and i do the same rotation :| )
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

Deleted

Lightwell shoud be like the ones in ToC5, that the lightwell automaticly heals ppl around it untill killed or until its done

I'd love talented combat res.
    You see, there's this thing called "aggro". It's a very complicated, very technical roleplaying expression.
    Loosely translated, it means "the priest dies".

15+ Year Old Account

I expected it to be launched now. :S

*waiting impatiently*

While we're waiting, more speculation:

- A new armor buff. Inner Fire (gives armor and spellpower) vs Inner Peace (gives spell resistance and spirit). One can be active at a time.
    - Serendipity reworked slightly. My guess it will only be consuming one charge.
    - Holy PVP talent: crit heals can reduce healing reduction. Or at least something making holy more PVPish.
    - Something breaking the Prayer of Healing group heal mechanics.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I would've expected the changes to be "live" (as in: posted by Blizzard) until now as well. I'm wondering what's taking them so long.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Give me my changes ??? ......About a different armor sure! that would flavor a bit the armors for priest (as warlocks and mages have two viable armors).I see you like the concept of holy pvp but sadly it will still remain a dream.Anyway back on topic something with magicresistance/chance to reflect a spell (whole spell) would be funny.

Ya, the more I think about it, the more I think (and hope) they will do a major rework of Mind blast and SW. Both are already very low priority and with current gear scaling, both will soon be entirely useless in their current form.

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy
    Ya, the more I think about it, the more I think (and hope) they will do a major rework of Mind blast and SW. Both are already very low priority and with current gear scaling, both will soon be entirely useless in their current form.

I had an idea about that actually, perhaps giving them some synergy between eachother. Casting Mind Blast gives your next SW double damage, and vice versa. Or my crazy utility talent ideas like where Mind Blast reduces the cast time on Mind Control by 1.5/3 seconds...*goes back to wishing Mind Control was better for Shadow Priests*
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I'm pretty confident the 'shadow nuke' will be a talent like:

"You can cast smite and holy fire while in shadowform. They are still holy spells, but they get +100% crit damage and benefit from talents as if they were shadow spells"

15+ Year Old Account

THE END IS COMING, ALL OF US ARE GOING TO DIE....THEY WON'T CHANGE LIGHTWELL

Ahem, I mean some changes are going to made that will piss a lot of people off and I'm sure Kelesti and I will need to pop Power Infusion to stay on top of the "OMG" thread.

I want Power Word: Barrier and a new Lightwell. I want....nothing amazing for Shadow so I don't hate being a dual-healer spec. I want moar more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    THE END IS COMING, ALL OF US ARE GOING TO DIE....THEY WON'T CHANGE LIGHTWELL
    That's what i think too. The only 2 things i want to know right now:
    Shadow Priest Mastery and Lightwell.

There are two possibility:
    a) Lightwell is untouched
    b) In memory of Eyonix, the guy who brought Lightwell to us, it gets moved to the Blizzard Hall of Fame for Spells!

Aw man. The priest date was just shot up to the 8th on the european forums. Because "it will be posted on the 7th, us time... late in the day - meaning 8th european time".

Guess it's back to work. At least 9 hrs until it is posted.

On the upside, shammy info coming in less than 9 hours
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]