Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

Posted 25 min ago:

We will be releasing it as we stated, but it should be much later tonight before you see it.
    No point in staying awake I guess

Preview? There will be spells, being changed.. and added.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Posted 25 min ago:

No point in staying awake I guess
    TY for sharing.

15+ Year Old Account

The only thing I am thinking is I'm sick of waiting for the announcements. They better be good, shaman and warlock were only about an hour apart from each other and warlock was well over two hours ago.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted

Re: New Priest spells and changes

i hope priests get a "power word: barrier" a.. shield on all group members.

it has been mentioned by a blue guy long ago.

as for changes, i have absolutly no idea..

I don't really have a guess about what will be changed, but here's an idea for Lightwell

Fountain of Light
    Places a fountain of holy light at the target area for one minute. The fountain will spit a bolt of healing energy per second and the ally within X yards of the fountain who needs the most healing, healing that target for Y damage.

Obviously replaces Lightwell. Think of it like the lightwells that are placed by the trash before the second boss in Trial of the Champion.

If this has been posted before, then that person thought of it first, and I apologize.

If this is a terrible idea, then what do I know, I haven't played a priest since early BC.

They better be good, shaman and warlock were only about an hour apart from each other and warlock was well over two hours ago.
    Nethaera already stated that the priest preview won't come until "much later tonight".

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...eNo=1&sid=1#11
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

•All warlock damage-over-time (DoT) spells will benefit from crit and haste innately. Haste will no longer act to reduce the DoT's duration, but rather to add additional ticks. When reapplying a DoT, you can no longer "clip" the final tick. Instead, this will just add duration to the spell, similar to how Everlasting Affliction currently works.
    I'm assuming our dots will get similar treatment, meaning that dot refreshes could be worked around your mindflays, rather than the other way around.

how would "haste adding additional ticks" work? i cant quite get my head around that. I mean the last tick has to take place as the dot ends right, so thats fixed. so do they make haste reduce the time between ticks and then add any additional ticks at the beginning of the spell to ensure that ticks are equally spaced apart?

Holyform!

15+ Year Old Account

Still saying dark mend.

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    TY for sharing.
    And to think that only three pages ago in this thread, you wanted to rip my head off ^^

Don't be using up all the good changes karma quota now. We want to save that for the actual review!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Why did the warlock blue butt in? Post said

shaman
    priest
    warlock

>

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    And to think that only three pages ago in this thread, you wanted to rip my head off ^^

Don't be using up all the good changes karma quota now. We want to save that for the actual review!
    Just make sure it's good news, and your head will be fine ^^

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer
    I'm assuming our dots will get similar treatment, meaning that dot refreshes could be worked around your mindflays, rather than the other way around.

how would "haste adding additional ticks" work? i cant quite get my head around that. I mean the last tick has to take place as the dot ends right, so thats fixed. so do they make haste reduce the time between ticks and then add any additional ticks at the beginning of the spell to ensure that ticks are equally spaced apart?

Has already been talked about a couple pages ago, but I am assuming that the time between ticks is reduce but not the duration, so you'd have to clip your dots to get the extra ticks.

After looking at some of the resto shaman changes, I really hope they consolidate our heals. We have 13 of them, and most are super situational. It would be nice to bring them in line and free up some clutter. To me, the shaman rain spell seems like a version of several priests spells crammed together, and slightly better. CoH, PoH, PoM, HN, and DH. Do you really need 5 AoE spells?

Quote Originally Posted by SutekhX
    Holyform!
    this!

im kinda dreaming of a gnome in an angel of light form, constantly yelling "i dont have a line of sight, i cant heal!"
    would be a good reason to come back to wow ;D

I'm disc and just wanna know what I'll be doing with my spiritless icc gear come cata. I want it to last a while...
    Anal jokes will never get old.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlummerbärchi
    this!

im kinda dreaming of a gnome in an angel of light form, constantly yelling "i dont have a line of sight, i cant heal!"
    would be a good reason to come back to wow ;D
    Getting Holy Form would mean Holy's healing abilities will have to be balanced around the use of Holy Form, thus your talents will be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Has already been talked about a couple pages ago, but I am assuming that the time between ticks is reduce but not the duration, so you'd have to clip your dots to get the extra ticks.
    From how they described it, here is how I assume it will work:

Dot is on the target, and it has a 15 second duration and ticks every 3 seconds with no haste.
    If you had enough haste, it would get applied, have a duration of 15 seconds, but tick every 2 seconds.
    No matter what you do after that, refreshing it early, recasting it, ect, it will always tick every 2 seconds as long as the spell stays on the boss, so there is no chance of clipping.

Diagram

- = one second
    l = dot tick
    [ = end of spell
    ] = start of spell
    reads from right to left.

With no haste:
    [l---l---l---l---l---]

With haste:
    [-l--l--l--l--l--l--l--]
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Innerfire no charges
    New Armor added
    Spammable Frost nuke

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Getting Holy Form would mean Holy's healing abilities will have to be balanced around the use of Holy Form, thus your talents will be nerfed.
    they already said that they re tweaking the numbers of all spells and abilities...
    hell, i wouldnt give a damn if the output stayed exactly the same as it was before. style over substance dude

Frostshadow deals roughly 1.5k frost damage in a cone in front of the caster and applies a fire dot to any targets hit by the cone that ticks for about 300 damage.