Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...

Re: Guess the new priest spells and changes

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    From how they described it, here is how I assume it will work:

Dot is on the target, and it has a 15 second duration and ticks every 3 seconds with no haste.
    If you had enough haste, it would get applied, have a duration of 15 seconds, but tick every 2 seconds.
    No matter what you do after that, refreshing it early, recasting it, ect, it will always tick every 2 seconds as long as the spell stays on the boss, so there is no chance of clipping.

Diagram

- = one second
    l = dot tick
    [ = end of spell
    ] = start of spell
    reads from right to left.

With no haste:
    [l---l---l---l---l---]

With haste:
    [-l--l--l--l--l--l--l--]
    Thanks for the explanation, but I already know that. I just said clip because more people would understand it since the "clipping" mechanic is getting change to not "clip" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlummerbärchi
    they already said that they re tweaking the numbers of all spells and abilities...
    hell, i wouldnt give a damn if the output stayed exactly the same as it was before. style over substance dude
    Tweaked, yes, but outright nerfed to hell, no. Odds are, we will never see a holy form, although how epic it is.

15+ Year Old Account

Just as a warning, I will make a post called "Cataclysm Priest Beta Notes" or something and sticky it (temporarily), it will become the main base for general discussion on the changes, I'd rather keep separate topics for every nook and cranny until the beta is released and each change tested. So keep the general though process ideas to that thread.

Ofcourse if someone beats me to it, I will sticky that, this thread will get closed upon that. This is just my attempt to control the inevitable wave.

Shadow Lance inc.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

10+ Year Old Account

so here in the east coast of the US its about 1 hour and 15 mins left from being april 8th and still no priest changes have been posted......wtf blizzard

oh and for the sake of being OT, im going to go ahead and say they are going to increase mana cost of heals and change up the shadow rotation
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

its 2:50pm april 8th here in nz!
    i want my priest changes......YESTERDAY!!!

oh and since we apprently have a "nuke" spell. shadow rotations will be changed heavily and we will become more op when played right.

go go easy 10k dps

are they ever gonna port these?
    Random, mean level 15 deer appeared in Teldrassil to the shock and awe of low-level players. They have been replaced with level 1 fawn.

Quote Originally Posted by naecroknight
    are they ever gonna port these?
    probably around 11 PM PST

Shadow.
    DPS Cooldown
    Redesigned Mindflay
    SWP with haste
    MB replacement nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Actually, here's my predictions:
    + All heals cost much more mana
    + Int-based regen nerfed to hell
    + Meditation removed
    + New-Spirit-based regen giving high yields out of combat.
    + Arena always counts as in-combat.
    + Spirit Coefficient removed and buried, priest community dancing on its grave. No more silly levelups = weaker toon
    + A cheap spammable 2-second heal healing for low amounts: revamped Heal
    + A new Hymn. Something related to damage
    + More cooldowns added. Because cooldowns are just so fun.
    + Lightwell untouched, still branded as the best reason to go holy, four more years of "we want to change it"
    +
    I wish to marry you and copulate with you.

Anyway, in case it hasn't already been mentioned, a favourite for myself and other priests I know is

Mass Resurrection.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d

Anyway, in case it hasn't already been mentioned, a favourite for myself and other priests I know is

Mass Resurrection.
    I don't like Mass Ressurection. How fun is it to be the only walker after a wipe and resurrect people?

15+ Year Old Account

From the warlock forums:

Good luck guys. Seriously. Nothing you do will make them happy :P

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    From the warlock forums:

Good luck guys. Seriously. Nothing you do will make them happy :P
    I already knew that. >.>
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I don't like Mass Ressurection. How fun is it to be the only walker after a wipe and resurrect people?
    How fun is a talent spell that you fire and hope people in a raid remember that it exists and actually use it to some degree without sacrificing dps as melee or causing headaches for raid fights where people in /range of each other cause a wipe?

It would be a massive timer saver, ressing a bunch of other ressers at the same time after using your Soulstone to self res but you're right, it's not the most fun spell to be added in a preview talent and spell post, but it would make a welcome addition for a lot of priests as simply just a new spell you learn at an earlier level.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Mass Resurrection.
    ain't Mass Resurrection gonna be a guild talent, hence not class-based?

Although it would be cool, if guild could get additional class spells for its memebers through guild talents...
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating

Mass Resurrection.
    What you guys didn't read the guild talent stuff from Blizzcon? Mass Resurrection is going to be a guild talent, not a class skill/talent.