Confusion about ToC shields (Prot Warrior)

Sooo some time ago I got the Toc 25 man shield, now before I got it i was using the 10 man shield from anub.

What confuses me about it, is that the 10 man shield is like 260ish hp better but has like 0.1% avoid less than the 25 man shield.

Now, I checked RAW and noticed that it rates the 25 man shield quiet a bit higher than the 10man version.

Am I not getting something here?

here's my armory btw.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...%C3%ADkrowelle

Oh and while I'm at it, should I bother getting the Tank weapon from ony (10/25)?

Re: Confusion about ToC shields (Prot Warrior)

do not bother with the taning sword from ony..it really sucks..if you are not in a raiding guild then pug to get the tanking mace off the first boss in ICC

I probably wouldn't be worried about your shields...

Quote Originally Posted by Chiruru
    Sooo some time ago I got the Toc 25 man shield, now before I got it i was using the 10 man shield from anub.

What confuses me about it, is that the 10 man shield is like 260ish hp better but has like 0.1% avoid less than the 25 man shield.

Now, I checked RAW and noticed that it rates the 25 man shield quiet a bit higher than the 10man version.

Am I not getting something here?

here's my armory btw.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...%C3%ADkrowelle

Oh and while I'm at it, should I bother getting the Tank weapon from ony (10/25)?
    It comes out higher because armor is such an importent stat. The toc10 shield is ilvl 232 and the toc25 is ilvl 245, so it got some extra armor.
    I don't get this game

The extra armor is yummy, don't underestimate it.

As a general rule of thumb while tanking in ICC with a -20% dodge debuff. Mitigation is king over avoidence...so stamina and AC take the front seat over avoidance stats such as dodge and parry. Not to say that dodge and parry aren't great, but attacks that hit for less but are more frequent is easier to heal and over a long fight will conserve more mana.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

do not bother with the taning sword from ony..it really sucks
    With a 60-80% uptime, its better than any other tanking weapon before ICC for effective health.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen
    With a 60-80% uptime, its better than any other tanking weapon before ICC for effective health.
    The main reason it gets critisized is because:

- 2.00 speed in comparason to most other tank weapons, which are faster.
    - No offensive stats.
    - People don't like relying on a proc for the large part of the defensive stats it provides.

It's certainly not a useless weapon, I agree, but I can also understand why people would be reluctant to use it.

Like people said above, armor is a big thing in ICC so thats why RAWR rates it so much higher. I think it doesnt matter to much depending on how often you go. As for the sword i wouldnt depend on the proc
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

It rates it higher because you are tanking with a coffin lid. But seriously as others said armor is a really nice stat and not to be overlooked. That's why a lot of the frost emblem tanking gear has bonus armor on it.

The Ony sword is alright, I see you now have FalricsMace, which is a better option anyways for you as an Orc for the expertise. The biggest problem however is the god awful ony trinket you're using. Go grind some Triumph and get a Glyph of Indomitably.