Feral Druids and Spell Penetration

So I've been pvping on my feral druid recently, and I am hoping to start arena, so I've been checking out SK Gaming to see what other Feral druids are like. I noticed that a lot of Feral druids are gemming some spell pen, and my question was why? I read that spell pen reduces an enemy's resistance to your spells, but what spells are feral druids using?
    Do I need spell pen? If so how much?
    Thanks

Re: Feral Druids and Spell Penetration

I don't PVP feral, but I would guess insta-cyclones not missing.

15+ Year Old Account

to avoid resist on cyclone is my guess..

the only set up i know of with a feral druid is rogue/druid... if your cyclone gets resisted its over..

edit: people usually go for 135 penetration this means that no matter what setup you face their resistance is always 0

Cyclone?

cyclone/roots
    130 you need as a caster who casts fire/frost/whatever because of auras, as feral you cast nature spells, and there is no nature aura, there is just a nature resistance totem, which isn't used by 99% of the shamans. So you just need 75 spellpen for the druid buff

Yep, mostly just for cyclone. Predator's Swiftiness can take awhile to build up so a insta-cyclone wasted by a resist is a nasty thing.

50-75 spell pen at most. anything more is a waste.

Ok. Thanks. I guess I shoulda thought of that myself ><

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    A hunter in arenas wouldn't waste his aspect on a chance that the druid on the other team doesn't have spell pen, when he could put out more damage and/or take less damage. And he mentioned paws, which is why 75 is enough for feral kitties.

75 spell pen is what most top ferals go for (3 Blue gems), but watch out for mages who put up Mage Armor. That on top of the 80 they get from their spec will put you in danger of being resisted. In general, I sit on mages with mage armor, and CC those with frost armor. I was thinking of putting the spell pen back on the cloak and dropping the agi/stealth, but that is personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Voxic
    75 spell pen is what most top ferals go for (3 Blue gems), but watch out for mages who put up Mage Armor. That on top of the 80 they get from their spec will put you in danger of being resisted. In general, I sit on mages with mage armor, and CC those with frost armor. I was thinking of putting the spell pen back on the cloak and dropping the agi/stealth, but that is personal preference.
    If your worries are mages that put up mage armor against ferals, spellpen or not, most likely YOU won't even notice.