Deleted

[resto] is OOMing in instances while leveling normal?

my shaman (in signature, 3rd line) is currently level 63, but seems to constantly oom in instances (which is how i level her). i can rarely last long enough between mana tide cooldowns to not go oom. normally, about 3.5-4 minutes in, i don't have enough mana left.

any hints for stopping this? i use water shield. i don't use mana spring totem because, well, i have tried to and it costs me more mana to keep putting it down between packs than it returns me.

Re: [resto] is OOMing in instances while leveling normal?

With low crit and no thundering strikes, you will not be able to take full advantage of your water shield's mana return. Short inexpensive heals are the way to go. chain heal and healing wave are very expensive at this level.

I would say, stop dropping totems all together until bosses. If it is small room where you will in range of your totems for a while, go ahead and drop them (including mana totem), but don't bother otherwise.

Deleted

You seem to be pretty low on intellect and mp5. Pre WotLK I found that there was very little crit on gear, so after SP I was going for mp5 - at end-game the same rules don't apply, but while levelling you shouldn't have much of an issue with throughput, and can focus on mana.

You probably don't want to respec, but if you do then drop healing way - you don't want/need to use healing wave at this level - and grab ancestral knowledge. I actually filled this out first as I had no great need for riptide, basically focussing on LHW spam for everything. I also dropped mana spring and flametongue frequently, cleansing totem is also massively mana efficient for instances with a lot of dispels required. When you get used to the instances you know what to drop and when, or whether to bother at all.

Other than that, just watch overheal.

10+ Year Old Account

With your gear, other than your BoA you can really upgrade to Outland level greens, mail sp or leather sp. I believe you can really benefit from a new cloak, neck, belt and maybe a trinket.

Other than that, I had no problem healing lvl 10 - 60 instances with nothing but LHW and the occasional CL. HW was never used 'till 80 for me. Perhaps on trash pulls you can just use 1 totem (preferably Mana Spring to feel comfortable with) and at the boss drop all.

Hmm, not sure what's wrong with you running out of mana all the time. My shaman is 62 and I've done quite a few BC instances and mana is never an issue. In fact, I am almost always at full mana and I put totems down at every fight.

Here's my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...odan&cn=Zevudu

What I do is keep earth shield on the tank at all times and that typically keeps them fully healed since it crits for 1.3k a lot. If he's getting a little low, I riptide. Other than that, I am normally sitting back watching health. I chain heal when the whole group gets hit and lesser healing wave people that aren't the tank most of the time.

I've been loving shaman healing in BC.

edit: After looking at your gear, I can see why you run out fast. A lot of your gear is enhancement. My Shaman was saving resto gear from the get-go and has a pretty good resto set (logged off in enhancement gear XD). I'd just be saving any piece you can for resto and you should see an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevudu
    Hmm, not sure what's wrong with you running out of mana all the time. My shaman is 62 and I've done quite a few BC instances and mana is never an issue. In fact, I am almost always at full mana and I put totems down at every fight.

Here's my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...odan&cn=Zevudu

What I do is keep earth shield on the tank at all times and that typically keeps them fully healed since it crits for 1.3k a lot. If he's getting a little low, I riptide. Other than that, I am normally sitting back watching health. I chain heal when the whole group gets hit and lesser healing wave people that aren't the tank most of the time.

I've been loving shaman healing in BC.

edit: After looking at your gear, I can see why you run out fast. A lot of your gear is enhancement. My Shaman was saving resto gear from the get-go and has a pretty good resto set (logged off in enhancement gear XD). I'd just be saving any piece you can for resto and you should see an improvement.
    BTW: that method works beautifully in regular Wrath 5mans too. I use pretty much exactly the same method. (Though if things are going south I'm not above using a post-riptide tidal wave to nail off a pair of quick healing waves.)
    Totem-wise I drop healing stream and flametongue all the time, with the other two depending on buffs and group makeup.

Dropping totems at every pack is never the way to go.
    Dropping a mana spring might be worth it sometimes, but ideally doing it where you can see that several packs are gonna be killed near would be the best shot.

Also if you keep ES up on the tank, and he keeps mobs on him full time, you shouldnt have many problems keeping him up with lesser healing waves and occasional riptides if needed.

You got your leg armor with sockets in, get some of the low quallity gems, those really cheap ones. They might just help a bit having a bigger mana pool, for every tide that you are dropping aswell.

Should be a few rings on AH that is more useable for healing than the ones that you got aswell.

Avoiding heals thats unnessesary is the way forward ! GL