Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Level 75 Mage, FFB or not?

You have some interesting stuff in your chat log in the youtube video. Phishing for info sounds cool. There is no such bug on live realms afaik. Its either a private server or...a private server.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    You have some interesting stuff in your chat log in the youtube video. Phishing for info sounds cool. There is no such bug on live realms afaik. Its either a private server or...a private server.
    Huh? Are you dumb? That's the message it puts out when you log on. Yes it's a live server, search for my armory if you don't believe me, Daggerspine US.

It has nothing to do with me wanting to refresh it, that would be why I asked for clarification if the original suggester of keeping lb up, whether he meant letting it explode or keep refreshing as I was able to refresh.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Just stay frost if you're farming instances, pretty much all pulls are AOE pulls, and frost will keep you alive alot better if you have a bad tank.
    Arcane if you're questing/instancing. AB, AB. If the mobs not dead, hit barrage/missile barrage(if it proc'd). 2min Evo. Its pretty insane.
    As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me. -- Scottish tombstone epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Jothrazz
    the glyph makes it crit, not reapply.
    Jesus, did you think I don't know that? All I ment was: maybe you can reapply it without the glyph. I guess most people who raid with this spec have the glyph, so they all experiance it as non re-applyable.

Thing is, I've got the glyph. =P

I spec FFB on my mage (lvl 79 atm) but with LB for instances. So far I haven't been outdpsed once I think.

Still go frost for solo though. Alot easier when solo and less downtime. Also very handy since I play on a PvP server.

You really can't go wrong while leveling. Your experience may be better as full frost though IMO.

Personally, I went Arcane at 60 and never looked back. When I did Northrend lvling, Slow, coupled with ABx2 and ABar, was enough to down anything, endlessly, since mage armor and 2 min evo make you a non-stop train.

Frost is great though if you happen to pull more than 2 mobs. Arcane pretty much sucks with anything over 2-3.

FFB is outstanding, but at crit levels that low, I wouldn't bother. One advantage you have though is ditching LB (For solo/ leveling, it's not worth it), and getting Shatter. Use that with Frostbite for some occasional win. Your mileage will vary if you're doing things that have a mob living longer than 12 seconds. You can get cold snap instead as you go, allowing you to use frost nova again, or IB again if needed, for some reason, plus two icy veins.

In short, I'd either go full arcane or frost at this point. FFB is nice, but doesn't shine till you hit 80.

Just made an account to verify the fact that you can indeed reapply LB...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kiurys
    Just made an account to verify the fact that you can indeed reapply LB...
    /facepalm
    BfA Beta Time

I raid as fire every day when there's guild raids. And I cannot reapply LB.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

I found the problem. He's a clicker, so the game knows he's bad and will try to refreshh LB before it explodes. It's a trap built into the game to remove clickers from wow.

As far as I know you can actually clip rank 2 of Living Bomb.

Here's the GM response:

"If you're able to re-apply the [Living Bomb] debuff, there may be something functionally wrong. I'm actually quite glad you brought it forward to us; I'm a mage myself as a main and this kind of thing does need to have attention!

Tell you what:

I'll make sure that I submit a report directly to our development team on your behalf right away detailing that you are able to re-apply the [Living Bomb] debuff before it explodes. They'll be recieving word of it soon and using the information you've provided me today in aiding them to get things checked out! Should there be something wrong, with any luck, they can have it repaired as soon as humanly possible. =) Although they will not be able to follow-up with you on their findings, I can assure you it will be looked into with diligence and fervor."

15+ Year Old Account

hmmm, so it IS a bug. whoda thunk it.
    BfA Beta Time

It works for rank 1 and rank 2, not rank 3. I was online doing nothing and remembered this thread, then my genius kicked in and I solved problems. Rank 3 can't be applied over itself, ranks 1 and 2 can be.

I'll accept payment in the form of sexual favors, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    It works for rank 1 and rank 2, not rank 3. I was online doing nothing and remembered this thread, then my genius kicked him and I solved problems. Rank 3 can't be applied over itself, ranks 1 and 2 can be.

I'll accept payment in the form of sexual favors, thanks.
    just found this out thru experiement aswell and came to tell u guys the same thing and got beaten to it fml

My guess is that the re application of even rnk 1 and 2 is unintentional and bugged.

Would have been so fun if we were allowed to stack different ranks of LB. Like with Flamestrike
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)