Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Protection Spec Review

Id drop 3 points of reckoning to move over into divine sacrifice/divine guardian, having an extra 20% damage reduction cooldown never hurts as a tank. Also move 2 points of conviction over to vindication, many times you dont have other people bringing a full attack power debuff. Generally bear tanks and pally tanks are the ones to carry this, warrior tanks generally wont do it, costs too much and dk tanks do not even get an attack power reduction. Major glyphs are fine, some boss fights you want the righteous defense glyph to not miss, can you say lich king? festergut? deathwhisper? i have had deaths from pally offtanks who don't run this glyph. Minor glyphs id switch out wise for sense undead, icc is all undead no reason not to take it. On the seals of the pure issue vs crusade, its just not worth it even going for it you lose utility from pulling from the ret tree as well as decreasing your aoe threat, id much rather have a 6% boost to all of my abilities rather then a 15% to seal of vengeance and its judgement. Also if you switch out of seal of vegeance and need to use command, those 5 talent points are now doing nothing. Just noticed, toss your one point in imp blessing of might into benediction, your dps classes should be covering that base. This is the spec that i personally use after having done much testing. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Coreva&group=2 I have gone through all of icc in this spec so i know it works well

@teshiro: proper tanks on the lich king fight, when a soul reaper hits that tank, the tanks switch, so that a tank does not get a melee spike and soul reaper at the same time. Tanks well geared enough for this encounter should survive it without any cooldowns you have to factor in its shadow damage so 130 shadow resistance lowers it and damage reduction of tanks which is roughly another 15-20% ballpark. Also lay on hands affects only melee damage so that is why tanks do not spec for it, also for that lay on hands will activate your forbearance, you will lose divine protection which is devastating. Honestly for cooldowns the best bet is alternating between divine guardian for 20% reduction and divine protection for 50%. Both have a 2 minute cooldowns so you can alternate every minute for these catching every other soul reaper.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Coreva
    @tesshiro: proper tanks on the lich king fight, when a soul reaper hits that tank, the tanks switch, so that a tank does not get a melee spike and soul reaper at the same time. Tanks well geared enough for this encounter should survive it without any cooldowns you have to factor in its shadow damage so 130 shadow resistance lowers it and damage reduction of tanks which is roughly another 15-20% ballpark. Also lay on hands affects only melee damage so that is why tanks do not spec for it, also for that lay on hands will activate your forbearance, you will lose divine protection which is devastating. Honestly for cooldowns the best bet is alternating between divine guardian for 20% reduction and divine protection for 50%. Both have a 2 minute cooldowns so you can alternate every minute for these catching every other soul reaper.
    I have yet to see the fight myself (Been offline for roughly 4 weeks now) but the LoH buff does also work on other tanks as well, which means having more than one would make it easier! Tho' I wouldn't personally use it, nor do I expect to see the fight on heroic mode myself.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshiro
    Sorry to break it to you, but SotP is very bad compared to Crusade. Just like Reckoning!

On topic: fixed your spec and glyphs.
    I can't recommend this spec enough. The third glyph is debatable and each option for it has its pluses and minuses.

Yeah it really does depend on your raid composition alot, its great on non pally tank, however, my guild main tanks 3 paladin tanks so its pretty much worthless to us. You do sacrifice alot of threat in order to gain it, and its an 11 minute cooldown. The reason i find it hard to justify taking this talent is that because of healers you constantly will have a 10% reduction already and this talent will only increase it 10% over that for 15 seconds that is my biggest problem with it. i don't think they stack anyways i haven't been able to test it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

If you take a fight like h:LK, his Soul Reaper will deal 60.000 damage after 5 seconds (I have no idea how much this is on heroic!) but a 20% reducement will save a tank from that hit. And the fight last over 12 mins, so combined with a Holy Paladin you can actually have two! The only thing you sacrifice is threat, which shouldn't be a problem on an encounter like him.
    A decently geared Paladin tank can just tank through Soul Reaper on normal mode (I know because I've done it), and you can switch tanks to spread out the damage on heroic mode. You'd lose your own Vindication debuff on the Lich King, mess up your 969 rotation by not having at least one point in Improved Judgements, lose Pursuit of Justice, as well as having lowered damage (and, consequently, threat) making the fight last longer and putting increased pressure on your healers. That's not worth losing for an unnecessary damage reduction talent. Paladins already take reduced damage from Soul Reaper due to Ardent Defender, too.

U will need DS and Divine Gaurdian. and Drop Reckoning. it's usualess for us.

If you take a fight like h:LK, his Soul Reaper will deal 60.000 damage after 5 seconds (I have no idea how much this is on heroic!) but a 20% reducement will save a tank from that hit. And the fight last over 12 mins, so combined with a Holy Paladin you can actually have two! The only thing you sacrifice is threat, which shouldn't be a problem on an encounter like him.
    Imp LoH doesn't work against magical damage.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Imp LoH doesn't work against magical damage.
    As already pointed out a few posts before you!
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZV0tA...dxsodbc:pGjVcz

Swap points in reckoning for DS/DG. Swap glyph of RD for glyph Salv.

No point in arguing the merits of a 20% damage reduction CD if you're going to skip the two most obvious ones available.

As already pointed out a few posts before you!
    Didn't bother to read that wall of text.