Thread: build advice

build advice

i was recently asked by my guild to come up with a raid viable build that gives both abominations might and imp. icy talons, so that we have both buffs during 10 mans. i was wondering if i could get some feedback on the two possible builds that i came up with.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...SqP-xXV,,11723 this is the first build i made. it goes far enough down both frost and blood to get the two buffs, then puts the rest into unholy for the extra str, and the extra dmg from necrosis.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...cqSRj07,,11723 this is the second build i came up with. i went further down blood, so i could get access to heart strike and some of the other dmg buffs.

once again, can you give me any advice on which build is better, some glyphing ideas, or even your own ideas for such a build. only requirements are that the build has both abilities, and can put out at least 4k dps.

thank you ahead of time.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: build advice

If they want you to have both, AND still be viable, tell them to wait 'till cataclysm. It's not possible otherwise.

They should find someone else to bring one of the buffs.

thats what i said. and since our 10 man runs one of each class, cant double up on dks without kicking one of the other classes.

If your ten man runs one of each class then why can't you have the hunter cover 10% ap so you can go frost?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    If your ten man runs one of each class then why can't you have the hunter cover 10% ap so you can go frost?
    Or have the Shaman cover the haste so you can go blood?

Or have the Shaman cover the haste and the Hunter cover the AP so you can go unholy?

A shaman covering the melee haste would mean that casters don't get spell haste though, all having a hunter supply the 10% ap costs you is a replenishment. You can get replenishment from the warlock and have the shaman use flametongue totem so you don't really lose anything that way.

You'd be sacrificing more individual dps than you would get from the raids combined benefit of the buffs. One or the other, not both. With the 10% buff in ICC, to trying to min/max for this is dumb, tell your RL that is so.

If they want a DK buff that no other class in the raid can provide, spec Unholy.

Deleted

What buff is that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooherder
    What buff is that ?
    Ebon Plaguebringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    "Is Frost viable?"

"Not really, it's a long way behind Arcane and Fire"

"FUCK YOU I'LL RAID FROST ANYWAY".

Deleted

Dont balance druid and CoE give that 2 ?

COE gives the magic debuff while plague bringer brings the extra disease damage which helps if your priest is shadow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    "Is Frost viable?"

"Not really, it's a long way behind Arcane and Fire"

"FUCK YOU I'LL RAID FROST ANYWAY".

10+ Year Old Account

Ebon Plaguebringer is unique, since you can pestilence it to any number of targets in range. You can't do that with CoE or the druid thing.

That makes EP superior by miles. It's also not a DPS loss to keep it up :P

ill talk to them about the unholy build instead of the blood/frost build, which does seem a bit clunky and unwieldy. however now i have to wonder if such a build might be made for 5 mans heroics instead of 10 man raids.