Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How do you handle Beast Cleave teams?

My 3's team went 0-5 against a 2k rated Beast Cleave Team (Hunter, Enh Shaman, Paladin) this last week. My team setup is sPriest, Aff Warlock and Resto Shaman.

We tried doing different things but it seemed the other team kept focusing on the sPriest mostly. I was either getting hexed, hammered and I think scatter shotted.

Just need some advice on how our comp should handle such teams. With the CC and burst damage, it's hard to keep up with the heals.

Our ranking grows about 100 each week. We're currently at 1823. I know we're going to be seeing this team and others like it more in near future. I would just like to be more prepared on how to handle such comps.

Only other hard comps for us is some times MRP or double Plate melee. But I think we have those comps under control (for the most part).

Thanks

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. ~ Kurt Cobain

Re: How do you handle Beast Cleave teams?

Generally I break out the lube and wait.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    I lol'd!

Keep heavy pressure on the hunter and force a deterrance after BW. while BW'd disarm him. Aoe fear the shaman, wolves and BM pet after BW. Disperse during the heavy dmg. Another AoE fear while wolves and pet are on someone is always good. Throw a UA and fear the shaman so it cant get dispelled. Time a silence on the pally with all dots up and get your shaman to interupt for a kill. Your shaman and Earth shock to shaman at the begining to slow his melee speed when hes not spam healing you. position your self so your shaman and LoS the scatter traps and still spam heal you. on your downtime as a lock fear spam the holy pally.

KILL TREMOR TOTEMS otherwise you will lose.

/whimper

/lay
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Kill tremor and LOS until wolves and lust are down. Play defensively until then. I play on a 2300 beast cleave and this is what happens every, every time we lose. It's pretty easy actually.

leave before you see how many points you lose.

open on the enhancer, gouge him after cheap shot.
    run to the bm, pray that he doesn't dodge dismantle
    peel the enhancer.

Once their cd's are through we gib either the paladin or the enhancer, usually shaman
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

a good shaman will always have his tremor up against a priest and lock...But still a GCD worth making the shaman waste..Destroy tremor always!Defensively till Hero/bloodlust is over and wolves...You could kill the pet(if he is BM only!)...You could peel the shaman,but the wolves heals+palas heals will make it more annoying/tougher than going hunter/pala(pala won't be a great choice since than the hunter and shamy can focus on killing you guys )...Also if they usualy start out the fight with wolves and blood at the START,a nice little run around the arena with the shaman chasing you (hopefully not hitting you) would make them loose...

It really isn't hard to smack a tremor. A tremor is awesome to get your team mates out of fear, but if the shaman is feared, he can't put another one up. That should buy you some time.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

Not sure if it would work for your comp but we accually kill the wolves and the hunters pet 2x and the match is a joke afterwards. If you can do that, their damage drops by 50% or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr
    I was unaware medieval prostitutes wore iron bras and panties.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Where in the world are pancakes and bacon not wed in the holy house of breakfast!?
    I will sunder this place from existence.

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    open on the enhancer, gouge him after cheap shot.
    run to the bm, pray that he doesn't dodge dismantle
    peel the enhancer.

Once their cd's are through we gib either the paladin or the enhancer, usually shaman
    They don't have a rogue..

Kill tremor totems.
    Drop off the bridge in blade's edge.
    If another map take it with lube.
    ????
    Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Naxcis
    They don't have a rogue..
    fine, silence enhancer to stop purges, disarm hunter
    pump pressure on the shaman and hunter with dots, try to cc the paladin
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    I play ele/destro/holy.

That is our strategy.

i play protret/mage/priest, generally we just cycle cooldowns on me and train the shit out of their healer (esp druids, we love druids). with full dispells and then priest combined tripple dps during BoP. Its a bit risky, but we either win or lose in the first min so yay.

go on AJ and ask this. ppl on these forums will just make you worse.

Disarming then instagibbing the hunter isnt 100% bullet proof, just like bobzor said go on AJ and ask for some help. Because i've noticed on AJ this season more hunters are getting 2x1h's this season due to more people disarming, so they still can Detterence during a NON rogue disarm.

Also being a major doucher and running around on your mount trying to eat as much time out of BW/wolves really can do the trick. That messes my partner up ALOT (im the hunter in our beastcleave, hes the shaman) albeit we're only ~1950

Quote Originally Posted by kingkow
    Not sure if it would work for your comp but we accually kill the wolves and the hunters pet 2x and the match is a joke afterwards. If you can do that, their damage drops by 50% or more.
    let me guess... you play tsg?

to the op:
    its pretty hard for a shadowplay comp to beat beastcleave. like ppl said, disarm the bm hunter und try to los as much as possible. they will most likely train your warlock or your rsham (dispers) so your priest can and should help out with shield, pom, etc., but its imporant that he doesnt stand in the open for a possible, but mos tlikely not needed switch situation.

we lately switched from shadowplay to shatterplay and things went much easier.