Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Aim Shot nostalgia :(

Any one else miss the old school Aim Shot clothie rape cannon? And if you like the new one better what are your reasons?

I like the old style better b/c it provided you an extra benefit for being the one to initiate combat without being detected; more less kinda like a sniper-esque feel to it.

Re: Aim Shot nostalgia :(

I agree with you, Shadowmeld+Aimshot=surprise and a dead clothie sneaking around.

You mean the one with the 3 second wind up time, during which the clothie being targeted would turn to me, hit TOEP/ZHC POM'/pyro and one shot me? Oh yea, those were the good times.

The old one was cool and all...but I happen to be a fan of more instant shots and chain pulling without stop when farming
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

Since i'm more into PvE I'd rather have instant casts but yeah, I do miss it.

While it was horrible in arena's, i do miss popping out of shadowmeld with the big shot winding up. More to the point, i miss being able to chain Aimed Shot, Multi Shot, and Arcane Shot, for crazy burst with dead squishy's not knowing what hit them.

The nice thing about the change however, is that it's now a viable shot in the PvE rotation, where before, you were sacrificing DPS to include it in anything but your first misdirect.

That is true I miss it but for the sake of usability the way it is now is nice. Maybe marks will get a new Pyroblast shot in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    You mean the one with the 3 second wind up time, during which the clothie being targeted would turn to me, hit TOEP/ZHC POM'/pyro and one shot me? Oh yea, those were the good times.
    Aw, somebody wasn't a night elf.

I prefer the old 3 second cast aimed shot and always have done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya View Post
    There's more bosses after Saurfang?

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    I got 99 problems, but a totem ain't one.
    Word.

After my rant about how annoying pvp was back then, I did remember some fun times about aimed shot. I used to play a dwarf hunter, but had like 3 NE hunter friends. We'd sit in the flagroom in WSG. Someone would come in, think "oh, just one hunter" then KAPOW 3 aimed shots and cats to the face. Good times.

If you want to be a real sniper as a hunter class you should have played Dark Age of Camelot. The hunter-type class in that game could attack WHILE stealthed and easily one shot anyone that was undergeared or any bit lower level than him. It was pretty ridiculous. You would just be walking around in the pvp areas and BAM, dead. Never even saw the guy who did it, but you knew he was lurking in the trees just over yonder hill waiting for his next kill. Of course, I didn't usually have that problem because I was the guy hiding in the bushes (yes stealthed and completely invisible) just waiting for the next victim.

That sounds about as fun and challenging as beating up a 6 year old and stealing their ice cream cone.

old one was amazing while lvling a hunter i hit over 2k at lvl 21 in ab
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss people. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Here's hoping that Cataclysm brings a Sniper Shot, much like the old Aimed Shot mechanic.
    Have a cast time (interruptable so it's no too OP) and have it hit like a truck (at the cost of losing out on attacks and movement during the cast time).
    Talent points to increase crit chance ofc.

Even better memory;

Remember back in the day's when +hit was super rare?

How does Aimed Shot miss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoopjackson
    Any one else miss the old school Aim Shot clothie rape cannon? And if you like the new one better what are your reasons?

I like the old style better b/c it provided you an extra benefit for being the one to initiate combat without being detected; more less kinda like a sniper-esque feel to it.
    Outisde of arena for world PvP yes it was fun, in arenas? HELL NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Vashdakari
    Even better memory;

Remember back in the day's when +hit was super rare?

How does Aimed Shot miss!!!
    Snipers in the real world aim every shot, you think they never miss? It's aimed shot, not "perfectly aimed shot".

I want a spray and pray shot...

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot
    Snipers in the real world aim every shot, you think they never miss? It's aimed shot, not "perfectly aimed shot".

I want a spray and pray shot...
    Although i'll agree with you on the real world applications of aiming your weapon, i was referring to an in game joke between me and my hunter friends.

Here's your hunter, casually shooting stuff like it's no biggie, almost all of the shots are hitting, then you wind up your BFG shot (assuming the casting bar was your hunter making sure this one would hit), and WHOOSH!!! Swing and a miss! How does Aimed Shot miss!

Yeah, that's what i was referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nX1nT_temg

Just for the sake of nostalgia. It was the first time I frapsed something, gotta love it.
    My old main .

I loved the Shadowmeld+Aimed Shot ambush. Timing the AS to hit at the same time your stealthed cat did was added fun.