Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm

Bye bye Frost Strike, Obliterate... Howling Blast...
    Meh, whatever

awesome, so I will continue beeing a blood dk tank :P

10+ Year Old Account

Cataclysm already sounds 100% better than what Wrath has become. Remodelling the game around both balance and fun. Two thumbs up!

Deleted

Classes changes is fine, but I am waiting for new content, big new content ;p

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroRX
    People are really stupid with their commentary on these changes. "I won't play my DK anymore cause I don't like unholy/frost dps playstyle", well good thing you don't KNOW what those tree's playstyles will be in cataclysm, so what exactly are you objecting to? Your imagination? The past?
    This poster speaks sense! Finally. YES the current trees are getting a change that would heavily impact your opinion on current play styles. BUT have you been to the future and tried it already? I highly doubt it. So maybe we should try holding back on the "But I hate the <spec> play style" until we try it shall we?

Cerabret100

That takes a lot of choice away from DK's, but honestly? i understand why they'd want to do that.

Balancing all three roles to be competitive in 2 types of gameplay must be a total bitch. and now we won't have so many "which spec is best for x" topics. I don't even have an 80 DK but i've read enough to know damn well that all three are viable in both roles.

Quote Originally Posted by kryo27
    So, byebye versatility that defines the DK way? bah...

Now we're nothing but warriors wannabe

Wow this is stupid... If anything Frost should have been the tanking tree, its called Frost Presence people! Also Howling Blast is way better than some gimped cleave wanna be any day. This sucks major >

Two things to say about this.

First - The 3 tree experiment failed. It should never have been done in the first place cause it created all sorts of balancing issues.

Second - Blood as Tank ? Blood means DEATH !!! Frost should be tanking spec !

Ok - I got a 3rd too

Welcome DKs to Warriros 2!! (3 men in plates) ! How unique is that now ?? Next class will be Spaladins where the spretribution will do the healing !

And to think it was the worst tanking tree at WotLK Launching ..
    Why Not ^^

10+ Year Old Account

Aaaaw come on -.-
    now im gonna have to fucking delete my fucking 5.7k gs geared Blood DK Dps that is able to outdps alot of unholy dps'ers...

if blizzard how ever makes unholy dpsing easier by removing the constant refreshing of boneshield to up the dps, i might concider just respecing to unholy...

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING NUMB NUT BLIZZARD! EVERYTHING TO RUIN FOR YOUR PLAYERS -.-
    If something is too hard to do, then don't do it at all ^^

I am really happy about this change. I always ran a blood spec for soloing content, and an Unholy dps build for pve. I think this will help Blizz balance our class, and the changes seem to only reinforce the playstyle I've already adopted. I do sympathize with the blood dps dk's, but I think that in the long run this will be in the best interest of our class as a whole.

Seeing as my DK already tanks as blood, i like it.

Seeing as blood is also the only spec whose DPS style i enjoy, i don't like it.

To all those 'wait and see the changes nub', what exactly do you expect to change about frost and unholy? Frost will most likely remain 2x 1h specialized (which I don't like) and i doubt they'll remove perma ghoul from unholy (i already have hunter, i don't want another pet class ty)

Oh well, might move my DK to being 100% tank then :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AK_47
    And to think it was the worst tanking tree at WotLK Launching ..
    the evolution is pretty cool though!

Cerabret100

a lot of people complaining about how other tanking trees are more fun, or they like this better than that, remember, what you know now is gonna change a lot.

One person mentioned how they liked howling blast for tanking, well, maybe talents in the blood tree will essentially turn Blood Boil in to a full on HB substitute.

You can't base your thoughts on what you like or don't like now because come cataclysm, everything will be different.

FUCK
    THAT
    SHIT !

This is major change, and we understand it will be met with some disappointment from players who really liked the flexibility, those who appreciated the unorthodox talent tree design, or those few of you who really liked Blood dps.
    Few of us ? SERIOUSLY FFS ?

Hello mister nico, you are blood dps ?
    You love it, and do proper dps in raid ?

Ok FUCK YOU and go tanking, or dps amby or unholy (who don't know what skill is, HELLO GUY ALL MY DPS IS PASSIVE THX).
    Not your tast ?

You'r problem.

Serriously man !
    Blood dps is the coolest dps rotation of all WOW ! and now "PAF" vanish!

Tehe

Fucking does you right all you skilless QQ'ers who say '' I WUUV BLEWD DPS IT BEST''. Time to pay attention to what you are doing and when you're doing it tards, GJ blizz 60% Noobs out, now to teach the rest.

To the person who said BLOOD DPS, UH PVP, Frost tank:

Learn to play.

/Out

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Azeroth
    So far I don't like a single change that's been announced.

The worst part is they're going to design the Blood Tanking around the assumed fact that they'll have the healing from Death Strike, and then if they don't have their diseases on a target they don't get healed and they die.

Fuck blizzard is terrible.
    WAH! WAH! WAH! Go and quit then! Changes are always interesting. Nerf or buff.

Firstly I have to say, just by looking at some of the responses, what kind of community has the WoW community become? Some of the first responses are essentially "Yay! Incoming QQ! Haha you suck!" Really? Since when is it appropriate to be this much of a douchebag? Do you say to yourself "Wow, some people won't like their class being changed, I should go be an asshole about it!"? Grow up, seriously.

Secondly, I'd have to say I feel this is a step backwards for not only the class but the game itself. I've always played a tank, and I love tanking. I tanked everything through the end of BC with my paladin, but never really enjoyed the class. Deathknights were a godsend for me, because I really enjoyed the flavour of the class, and I could pick whichever tree I wanted and still be completely viable as the main tank for my guild. I originally started out as a Frost tank, but soon found I liked Unholy better for the cooldowns. I had absolutely no problem MTing all of Wrath as an Unholy, even when everyone said you have to be this or that cookie-cutter spec. Unfortunately, now everyone will have to be the same cookie-cutter spec. There will be no more variety in DK tanks, you will no longer need to understand your talents as long as you have the same spec as everyone else. Rather than put in the actual effort to keep DKs as a multi-tree-viable tank, they're taking the easy way out. I find this is in keeping with the idea of the "B" team being in charge of WoW, what with everything being converted to badge farming, homogenization of half the game, a half-assed expansion on the horizon. Heck they're even going to give away the DK class mount via a loot quest now. DKs don't feel like a "Hero" class to me anymore. My DK really doesn't feel fun at all anymore, especially knowing that any choice I had in gameplay is essentially being taken away in the near future.

Honestly it just feels like another step in the watering-down of WoW. It seems to me all the creative devs have been moved to more "important" projects.

10+ Year Old Account

I'll miss blood dps, but I'm cool with this. More dps talents for the other specs, perhaps.
    Vek'nilash/Skywall US