Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Kamtali
    I saw the DK design as the way to go for other classes too. After designers pretty much removed hybrid builds from game in WotLK to simplify their work, I hoped perhaps this is the way how to bring more options for players again. Why the hell is subtlety not useable in raids? Why is 95% of PvP warriors arms and 80% PvE dps warriors fury? That is failure of design. That means people did not really have a choice (pick different class/spec example if you do not agree with these in particular).
    I agree with this part. but this would be very hard to make all classes meet their roles in all specs. but I think it would be nice if most specs would be a choice other than being the "best" spec for that sort of game play.

Quote Originally Posted by Unahim
    The new mastery system is designed to give you a choice when speccing talents, so...
    Mastery system as I understand it from information we got is tied to talent tree. If all trees would still be viable for tanking, each could have different mastery bonuses and there would really be another interesting aspect as choice. But this change just makes it easy for designers, blood will get some "be hard to kill" like bonus and all tanks will be locked in it. Frost and Unholy trees will get different bonuses, probable something like "be badbum dps" and "be wraftful PvPer".

Based on our gear the bonus will be lower or higher. I fail to see where is the choice.

There're plenty enough Death Knights tanking as Blood, atleast, our Death Knights tank hardmodes as Blood. u.u
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o12/Vexn/Axe.png

Please read the signature rules.

Haha suck it blood DPS, my frost is staying uber dps forever
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

-Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

Now all tanks are the same, is it easier to balance? yes it is... but all classes dont need to work exactly the same, it takes the fun away.

Kind of a weird choice if you ask me. Frost has always been the iconic dk tanking spec (even though we can tank with all of them).
    Now I have to go and dual wield or become a pet class, both of wich I don''t want to. I really hope they will rethink this. :-\
    Why is the shield generator always outside the shield?

Quote Originally Posted by deathleach
    Kind of a weird choice if you ask me. Frost has always been the iconic dk tanking spec (even though we can tank with all of them).
    Now I have to go and dual wield or become a pet class, both of wich I don''t want to. I really hope they will rethink this. :-\
    They wont, blood dps is almost as boring as pally dps anyways. Frost dps rapes faces and so does Unholy, they ar also changing the rune system and making some abilities have runic power AND rune requirements. Once the changes all come in I am sure all you nay Sayer set in your ways Blood DK will like the other trees

As a non-DK, i don't understand why they don't make frost the new tanking tree. Well...Frost-presence..so Frost..well....you know.

Anyhow, they would do themselves a favor by making all DK Tanks DW-Tanks for the sake of itemisation n stuff.
    Even though i understand that most of you prefer 2htanking.
    â–²

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!!! :'(

looks like i will have a new main in cataclysm
    ....................................................................................

Quote Originally Posted by Creutzfeld
    As a non-DK, i don't understand why they don't make frost the new tanking tree. Well...Frost-presence..so Frost..well....you know.

Anyhow, they would do themselves a favor by making all DK Tanks DW-Tanks for the sake of itemization n stuff.
    Even though i understand that most of you prefer 2htanking.
    As it sits right now all 3 trees are decent at tanking, but blood excels at it. They see stuff they really like in the blood tree for tanking so they are going to beef them up so they don't have to worry about imbalances happening becasue of 3 tanking and 3 dps trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace
    Blade Barrier is a passive reduction not a cd
    Blood worms is frankly a terrible talent for tanks as it eats up aoe heals in fights with alot of aoe damage
    Tanks dont spec for Imp Blood Pres , it just isnt worth the talent points.
    Toughness , all tanks have this. I dont see the problem with moving it to blood as its a low tier talent anyway.
    UbA is likely to be changed to a dps cd for frost dks
    Howling blast is a vital frost spell and will NEVER be moved to blood , that would make no sense at all.
    On a Pale Horse is a pvp talent , plain and simple and its unlikely the magic damage reduction talents of unholy would be moved. It would be to much of a nerf to dk pvp.
    Besides those i pointed out , some of the on use cd's will be moved to blood.
    I am happy to learn more about tanking.

I don't consider Blade Barrier to be passive but an ability, were if you mess up your rotation due to fears or movement it could fall off, but I do consider it tanking in nature, and that is why I included it in my list.

You say Bloodworms is teribble for tanking because of them being healed in AOE damage fights. As it stands right now, who takes them? they don't do enough for DPS to take them. They also have very little life. In my experience they die in AOE fights, and wouldn't be alive to recieve an AOE heal. Even if they were taking AOE heals, that would still happen from DPS who took that talent, unless you are saying no PVE DK should take that talent.

I only tank heroics on my blood DK tank, and love Imp Blood Presence. Sometimes I have healers who don't heal, and those 2 talent points have saved my life. In a raid with many healers you may be right.

The reason I think Howling Blast could be moved to blood is because Frost tanks use it as their AOE snap threat ability. If mobs don't have diseases on them, Blood Boil just doesn't get agro back fast enough.

If I were to make a UH DK tank right now, I would include On a Pale Horse in my build, as the talents currently stand because there are some fights were the boss fears you, and sometimes you don't have a shaman in your group to put down totems. That is why I also included it in a maximizing tanking tree that I listed. While it might be okay for DPS to run around feared, if the tank is being feared Ony will get out of position and hurt the raid.

It seems like you had an issue with the magic defensive ablities from UH and the Snap AOE threat ablilty in Frost moving to Blood. If you were to make your ideal tanking tree, which ablilities would you move over?

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    The few of us who enjoyed blood? Blood being the top dps spec?

Hell, I know most people loved blood and hated using the other 2 specs when blood was subpar. Now that blood is viable again, they turn it into prot.

Lol. DKs get screwed.
    blood is NOT the top dps spec sir

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Quote Originally Posted by bio
    Please don't talk about things you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulf
    Please don't talk about things you don't understand.
    Hes right, frost DW is now the top DPS spec with the highest DPS potential, in any class that can DW, DW is always the highest DPS potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Hes right, frost DW is now the top DPS spec with the highest DPS potential, in any class that can DW, DW is always the highest DPS potential.
    Do you actually have any data to back up you're claim?

Quote Originally Posted by bio
    Arms is not a top dps spec. Remove Arms?
    "A NAME IS A CLOAK OF LETTERS THROWN UPON A MAN. IT MEANS NOTHING." - Transcendent One, Planescape: Torment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulf
    Do you actually have any data to back up you're claim?
    Blizzard said it so it must be true :P

Yay!! I love these changes Since I already am a Blood tank.. really it has good TPS and the selfhealing is just soooo epic sometimes you don't even need a healer in Heroics. Frost tank was dead since the beginning.. the lack of TPS was just horrible... Unholy tanking is fun too tho... Anyway I am sooo happy what blizzard is doing with DKs in the past few months *turns on "Happy Presnece"*

I hate this change...

My DK is an alt, and I've been enjoying dps-ing as blood, while tanking as frost...losing the option to do either sucks

Tanked Naxx and Crapduar in Frost. Switched to Blood on ToC and never looked back. Glad they are finally making this change.