Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm

This honestly surprised me quite a bit, but to be completely honest I think it's a cool design at the end of the day. The tanking spec design just works. Feral druids suffers the same problem, except they just overbloated our tree instead.

And to the people are sad they are killing your fun: It has been announced that for Cataclysm tanking class offspecs will be able to tank heroics with a bit of thought. That means Arms and Fury warriors can tank your heroics, and unholy/frost DK's will no doubt be able to do the same.

So don't worry too much. You'll still be able to log on your alt and frost-tank!

guess no more unholy tanking for me fuck this shit.

Deleted

After a year i still havent been in a group with a good dk tank. they all fail imo, that is ofc since i never found one.

RIP Blood dps
    Garrosh Hellscream... Making the Alliance/Horde Carebears cry since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDesertDragon
    And to the people are sad they are killing your fun: It has been announced that for Cataclysm tanking class offspecs will be able to tank heroics with a bit of thought. That means Arms and Fury warriors can tank your heroics, and unholy/frost DK's will no doubt be able to do the same.
    They already can :-X

Anyways it's prolly a good change but it feels silly that blood will be a tanking tree with frost being a tanking presence ^^ Like making warriors tank in arms spec with prot stance and making prot tree a dps tree ;o

Well, I'm not surprised, I suspected that they might do this to make the mastery stuff easier to sort out.

I'm... slightly disappointed, but just that, no rage or anything. After all, they could be changing things so much that even if they did keep all three trees tanking-viable, I might prefer something other than my current favorite tree for tanking anyway.

I've been playing since vanilla, and every expansion brings in major changes for just about every spec, let alone every class, and most of the changes have been enjoyable overall to me. I look forward to the changes to hunters, as I just haven't enjoyed playing my hunter as much in WotLK because of having to spend time in Aspect of the Viper. My first 60, my first 70, and my... 6th 80?

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not going into Cata with fear for any of my toons. Things will be different, but change isn't necessarily bad. Take the paladin class. There's people that are sure that paladins are getting horribly nerfed in Cata just because the class has always had rough transitions at the start of each expansion. However, I've been around, and I don't know a single paladin that would have wanted to go back to vanilla functionality after they got used to BC. That's also mostly true for WotLK, but a few paladins feel that their AoE tank roll is being infringed on by other classes in this expansion. So things got better, even if they tend to be OP at first and then get a little overnerfed, and then slowly put back where they should be.

I'm good with that. I'll have fun in Cata, mostly because I don't expect everything to be the same but better.

One more thing: Can we expect to say good riddance to the talents that are deep into the other trees?

No more acclimation? It was a fun talent that never got to see it's potential.

What about the fun dps talents taken along with blood tanking? No more hysteria? No more abominations might? (Not saying you should take these but...) sudden doom? Blood worms? Dancing Rune Weapon? Those are almost solely dps increases. Will those go the way of the dodo?

I just don't like the idea of everything being scrapped that had room for improvement b/c the lead designers are lazy.

Oh I don't mean lazy, i mean looking out for the "good of the people". Ridiculous.

No chance of my DK tanking in cata. Period. I hate the blood playstyle utterly.

on the other hand, DW frost is utterly fun to me.

10+ Year Old Account

i enjoy playing as dps blood guess ill be a frost dps in cataclysm then 0o

shame since blood DPS is kinda fun, but it had to happen, it just had too.

Great change.

I love blood tanking, it's very unique and fun. But sometimes I feel very squishy (HoR is an example) and sometimes having very low aoe threat is not a great thing, now it won't be that way. Holding a 2hander and being the 1st guy to hit shit is just awesome

Unholy (2hander) and frost (duel-wield) as dps speccs sound perfect. Unholy is truly a unique dps specc to play (if you don't count blood dps :P), so I'll decide to keep my dps as unholy. If I want to play a duel-wield haste packed specc, I'll play my enha :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

15+ Year Old Account

I agree with having a specific tree for tanking 100% When Wrath was in beta, I was stoked to be making my frost tank. Then they started spreading shit around and it got more annoying. I've never been happy with my DK as a tank, and I've given up on it until Cata. Unless blood gets a lot of playstyle changes, which it wont, I'll not be tanking at all with my DK again. The one thing I did like about the variability in the trees is that I could both dps and tank as frost. Frost is the only tree I've ever cared about.

Most of the comments in this thread regard trashy players not knowing what the fuck to do. This wont really solve anything, because you're still going to get unholy DK's DWing fast weapons queueing as tanks in Frost (Or Blood if they change it) Presence. As for "the" spec, I never had spec-related issues tanking as frost, and the other blood dk tank in my guild had no spec related issues as blood. Both were perfectly viable, blood simply outshone frost, primarily because vampiric last stand is better than lolbreakable armor.

I honestly hope that they move the dual-wielding talents to the bottom(top?) of the frost tree to make them accessible to all three specs, and do more to balance the 2h damage vs dw damage. Dual-wielding should be a flavour choice, instead of a mandatory "Frost is DW or go home" choice. I personally love DW and will never give it up, but I don't think they'll make DW unholy or blood viable at all. Say goodbye to Rune of the Nerubian Carapace.

Overall I am happy with this choice, since it makes my frost tree that much better for dps, and hopefully I'll get a better CD than UBA, not that it's that bad now. It also makes the decision to never tank again with my DK that much easier, since after trying all three specs, I absolutely fucking hate blood.

If Blood is tanking now, are they going to change up the Presences too?

They should have Revamped all of da Dks trees and made it as balanced at its supposed to become In Cata but With da Frost Tree,,, It applies much more to tanking than Blood =/
    Just my point of view have no idea bout da dks... Am I wrong?
    "Get rich or die grinding."

Curious on why it's not Frost since it's Frost Presence that actually has armor buffs and holds more aggro.

Maybe that will be subject to change too? ???

Thank God. I've been suggesting this forever, because it's just too hard to balance DKs for both PVP and PVE if every tree can do both roles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire

I can't wait to hear the community responses regarding this change in Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    Make Frost the Tank tree!
    No thanks. Blood has been superior to Frost for a long while now.

This change makes me happy

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    you are part of the : oh you arent a frost tank? You suck!
    ive seen that more then once..
    Naw, I'm just a blood dps DK that will miss his favorite spec (and I too have faced ridicule for sticking with a slightly weaker spec). But that's not the point. Just ignore all the mechanics and in-game social prejudices: which substance makes more sense as a tanking spec? Blood.... or ice?

15+ Year Old Account

This is a nice change. Especially for beginning death knight tanks.
    No more finding out which spec is best
    A welcome change imo