Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm

Can all the death knights please chill out?

"I love blood dps, now I will have to switch to frost/unholy and they're boring!"

You have NO idea how the death knight dps play style will be in Cataclysm. They are reworking every tree for every class so I wouldn't expect any class to play exactly like they are now.

Cerabret100

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø
    That's THE question.
    It's a failed question, because with everything changing, blood wouldn't necessarily be the most fun spec anymore, even if they did continue the tri-tanking method.

You people are basing a lot of your criticisms on a system that when the change finally comes, will no longer exist as you know it.

10+ Year Old Account

I really don't think that we should be worrying about frost losing its utility. All trees for all classes are being re-worked to some degree, and these degrees will surely vary. Blizzard have said themselves that they're looking to make the trees more interesting and fun, and I'm sure they won't leave out any holes that are created with such big swaps between tree purposes.
    "For the first time in your life, open your eyes, open your mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Cerabret100
    It's a failed question, because with everything changing, blood wouldn't necessarily be the most fun spec anymore, even if they did continue the tri-tanking method.

You people are basing a lot of your criticisms on a system that when the change finally comes, will no longer exist as you know it.
    Failed statement.
    If I play a spec of a class right now, I'll play this spec to the next extension, because this spec is my long time fav, maybe this spec change a bit, but it's my spec...

But what I'm suppose to do when my spec just disappear ? And when you hate the other spec of your class?

This actually makes me sad. Not for the fact that Blood got the tank tree. What makes me sad is that DKs had one difference from other tanks that stood out, and made them enjoyable at least in my eyes. It was the fact that you can DW as a tank. If Blood ends up being the tank tree the odds are that it's going to be all about 2H tanks. If I wanted to do that I'd roll a druid. -_-;;;

Lawl, DK overhauls.

I don't play my dk any more, but I am still sad to see blood dps die. I've always enjoyed classes that use big, slow, powerful weapons that aren't lame palladins. Blood dps combined that with good survivability and made for great gameplay. RIP blood dps!

I approve

Elitist Group addon. Tells you what GS won't!

Exciting!

I'm already a blood tank, and frost dps. Good to go!

like someone else said, it'l mean less clueless dk's. so its cool by me ;D

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø
    Failed statement.
    If I play a spec of a class right now, I'll play this spec to the next extension, because this spec is my long time fav, maybe this spec change a bit, but it's my spec...

But what I'm suppose to do when my spec just disappear ? And when you hate the other spec of your class?
    So you're gonna be the shaman who bitch about being tank and/or 2h viable again...Got it.

I mean seriously though, classes are always changing every expansion. Adapt or reroll. Hell, how did anyone not see this coming? Blizzard has been stating and showing that they have been working Frost into a DW tree, as seen by the past few patches.

DK's tri-tank was fun for a while, I'm glad they are gonna settle down and finally pick sides. Come Cata, I'll say with almost certainty you'll have all the Frost tanking abilities except for DW. It honestly probably won't change that much to go from frost to blood, except give way more utility to a certain tree.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

15+ Year Old Account

Goodbye Blood dps...........DRW....Hysteria............

Makes it eazy for all the casuals to know that "U spec into blood for Tanking noob" ???

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam
    So you're gonna be the shaman who bitch about being tank and/or 2h viable again...Got it.
    No I'm the shaman who bitch about enhancement stay Mele, Elem Caster, and resto heal.
    Imagine one day blizz come and say : Ok now Enhancement is not cool, now is a caster or a full heal spec ..

Modify a spec is ok, but just destroy it is ... lame.

Ok.. im tired of blizzard seriously BLOOD was MY only Spc for DPS for now 2 years?.. and they change it to a tank spc.. I HATE FROST AND I DO HATE UNHOLY FAR MORE... what Im going to play now? (oh NO I won't tank) ... ... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . ... ! See me Im gonna be the First Blood DPs in Cata ... im gonna gear up as DPS and still play Blood omg I hate blizzard I HATE THEM!!

Seriously if They Do Destroy Blood Dps im QUitting WoW.. omg.. seriously Since when you can destroy a SPC? WTF blizzard in WICH )"($()"$ WAY ARE YOU GOING OMFG... QQ

My death knights tend to get left in the dust anyway. So...I'm going to ask "why blood instead of frost?" and leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea
    My death knights tend to get left in the dust anyway. So...I'm going to ask "why blood instead of frost?" and leave it at that.
    This.
    I posted the very same question on the death knight forums not long ago, since no beta is even annouced yet im thinking its not too late to change thier mind.

Its not like there isnt enough of us who KNOW this is a bad change.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaraks
    Seriously if They Do Destroy Blood Dps im QUitting WoW.. omg.. seriously Since when you can destroy a SPC? WTF blizzard in WICH )"($()"$ WAY ARE YOU GOING OMFG... QQ
    Do us all a favor.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

15+ Year Old Account

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In Cataclysm, death knights will have a dedicated tanking tree, much like the other three tank classes. That tree will be Blood.
    Wow. Just wow. I come to the forums late and this is what I find. Almost 300 comments already, so everything I could say has already been said. But this really is a big bomb that they've dropped! It's about time DKs had a dedicated "prot" tree. XD

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    With Frost as a dual-wield, spell and runic power focused tree, Unholy as a disease and minion focused tree, and Blood as a self-healing, defensive cooldown, tanking tree, we think the focus of each tree is a lot clearer and cooler.
    Now it will be worthwhile for me to have dual spec on my DK, whom I seldom play. I've always wanted to try out tanking, and the Frost tree stood out for me. But now I might swing into Frost to try out a dual wield DPS spec and see how its spell/runic focus turns out. It will be very interesting to try out all three trees! I really am leaning more towards tanking on my DK than with my warrior or paladin. We'll see what shows up with the class changes though, eh.

For those that are disappointed that they will no longer be able to DPS as Blood, I have a feeling that they are going to make Frost really fun as a DPS tree, and that with Unholy you will find that it is closer to Blood than it currently is, with more passive health regenerating talents and the like. The changes will be great and everyone will get used to them.
    For the Alliance!

Part of me feels sorry for all the guys who were diehard frost, sticking with it through the 2H phase, then having to get 1H weps, now for them to be told "No, go blood and get that weapon you d/e'd/vendored a few months ago back else you can't tank."

Then I realise Cata is still a while away, and the first Quarter of ICC drops a fair few good weps on 10 and 25 that would be fine to tank with starting Cata off

Either way, I used to love Frost tanking, so will miss it a tad, hopefully Blood gets some nicer aoe threat, else we'll be seeing it as a primarily MT position for raid groups.