Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Death Knights will tank as Blood in Cataclysm

but...but...but...I like tanking as Frost!!! :...(

Kill the Zerg, drive them before you, and listen to the lamentations of the Protoss!

awesome change imo

im blood dps and this really just pisses me off

Deleted

Uhu!!! Love it! GOGO BLIZZ!!!

I like the change at the sametime I really liked playing and leveling doing dps in blood spec, I'm wondering with the change if we will will still have a decent blood dps spec or is that gone.

k xD

Ya this song is about Blood DK QQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JccsFBULftE
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Ya this song is about Blood DK QQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JccsFBULftE

Yeah they are bad just as hip-hop is

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Memories

Yeah they are bad just as hip-hop is
    Of course you have no idea what half of the rappers had to deal with in their lives. Shit that you probably wont ever have to worry about.

I hope they change up all the presences to not use runes.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I was looking forward to gearcapping toward cata and facerolling some blood DPS. But, TBH..I Have always found it quite wierd that you end up with more DPS from 'tank specs' as a DK. Yes, it's fun. Yes, the viability of literally any tree tanking is fun, but to have a dedicated tree with a more tank feeling is nice.

Blood, is the best ATM because of it's effective health..it just is, ask any DK that tanks in legitimate world first guilds.

Extrapalating on what they have gotten right is going to help, I really just hope they don't go too off the wall and add something like double shield tanking or some other ridiculous non-sense..

Icy touch feels like it should be a tanking talent in it's current state...700% threat modifcation passively is a bit overkill, if it was something like 150/300/450% modifier from talents I think that would be 100% legitimate.

If they added more things of the like I would be satisfied.

And to the Blood DPS DK's complaining, you're a glorified arcane mage..get over it.

Deleted

Of course you have no idea what half of the rappers had to deal with in their lives. Shit that you probably wont ever have to worry about.
    yeah.. they need to stop QQ as we all got problems of our own

Deleted

wtb other class updates :P

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

lololololololololololol
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by LordKain
    Hey jerk, we're going to have our whole tree reworked to be for tanking. I think just this once we're entitled to whine just a weee bit ok?

Ass.. >
    you do have some right to QQ i agree i remember the glory days of blood when you could pull 5k+ in heroics in t7.5 so much fun so yes you can QQ =)

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Awesome change! It's about time that talent trees aren't watered down for whatever role you're doing. It also makes sense to mark blood as the tank tree, because a lot of people already consider it "the" end-game tanking spec. It also makes sense with the removal of ArP on gear.

Please people. Keep in mind that this isn't the only thing changing with DKs. You may love to DPS as blood now (I'm not sure why...it's so mind bogglingly easy - play frost if you want fun), but a lot of the DPS mechanics of blood (DRW being the only interesting thing) will probably make an appearance of some sort in Frost and Unholy.

With frost being 100% DPS now, it will certainly get a better cooldown than UA. With unholy being 100% DPS now, it might get an improved ghoul, or even a better pet all together.

Just look at it this way. Instead of playing blood as DPS now, you'll be playing Frost or Unholy as DPS...but you'll have more tools to do your job effectively. In the same way, instead of tanking as Frost or Unholy now, you'll be tanking as blood...but you'll actually have tank talents - not just the universal 1st tier 5 point talents that every tank has already, and 1 or 2 "special" buttons based on your spec.

It's a good change. Just wait for it.

I think there is a very simple reason (frankly I am not going to review all 33 pages of comments to see if this has been mentioned before)

THE MASTERY SYSTEM. The passive bonus that you receive by speccing deep within a tree. While we don't have the details on the system. How screwed would the DK's feel if the passive bonus on two of the trees was a tanking bonus and only one affected dps?

I think that looking at the individual talents is pointless until we know more. The best we can discern currently is that:

Blood = Protection Tree May or may not have dual wield tanking abilities. I bet we see a completely new tanking based Runic Power dump. I also think we will see an aggro heavy talent that links in to a base level talent
    Frost = DPS tree, probably has the dual wield dps abilities, and will have most of the proc based read and react (Killing Machine Rime Procs). Frost has been moving towards dual wield for a long time. If they eliminate the tanking talents they can focus on rogue in plate model.
    Unholy = DPS tree, probably the two-handed tree. They will likely force the player to manage the diseases more closely to create a varied rotation. May play more like a warlock in plate.

I do agree that we may be seeing a complete change in the presences however. Unholy is situational at best, Blood may become the new frost, and frost the old blood, with unholy providing multipliers on disease damage, like the ability for disease damage to crit, something along that order.

So once we factor in passive bonus, it appears to me that that the Mastery system is the driving force behind the change.

Peace

Blizzard did the right thing by picking Blood to be the new tank spec. They're going to remove most of the boring passive +dmg talents from Blood anyhow. That would leave them with a ton of holes to fill in that talent tree.

Now that it's the tanking tree, they can patch the holes with tanking abilities from other trees or brand new ones.

To people who are so attached to Blood as dps, Unholy isn't really that different. You smash face with a 2h weapon, but you have a pet next to you. To think it's a radically different type of game style, is silly.

Regardless, the play styles for each tree are most likely going to be altered in a much more dramatic way, so you should really be prepared for THAT change.

Quote Originally Posted by Woeful
    I think there is a very simple reason (frankly I am not going to review all 33 pages of comments to see if this has been mentioned before)

THE MASTERY SYSTEM. The passive bonus that you receive by speccing deep within a tree. While we don't have the details on the system. How screwed would the DK's feel if the passive bonus on two of the trees was a tanking bonus and only one affected dps?

I think that looking at the individual talents is pointless until we know more. The best we can discern currently is that:

Blood = Protection Tree May or may not have dual wield tanking abilities. I bet we see a completely new tanking based Runic Power dump. I also think we will see an aggro heavy talent that links in to a base level talent
    Frost = DPS tree, probably has the dual wield dps abilities, and will have most of the proc based read and react (Killing Machine Rime Procs). Frost has been moving towards dual wield for a long time. If they eliminate the tanking talents they can focus on rogue in plate model.
    Unholy = DPS tree, probably the two-handed tree. They will likely force the player to manage the diseases more closely to create a varied rotation. May play more like a warlock in plate.

I do agree that we may be seeing a complete change in the presences however. Unholy is situational at best, Blood may become the new frost, and frost the old blood, with unholy providing multipliers on disease damage, like the ability for disease damage to crit, something along that order.

So once we factor in passive bonus, it appears to me that that the Mastery system is the driving force behind the change.

Peace
    Blizzard has commented on the tree changes. Frost seems to be sticking to DW, and the 2H tree will stick to Unholy. Unless they completely change their minds (which isn't out of the question), it's going to stay that way for the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by lude
    I'm wondering with the change if we will will still have a decent blood dps spec or is that gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    lololololololololololol
    agreed, as if most rappers have to deal with most of the shit they sing about, even if they did they certainly don't now.

"Hello there Wilkins throw another G Dawg gold chain on the fire it's getting rather nippy in here, also please warm my crack pipe i'm feeling funkay..."

It is unfortunate that they're changing this, but it's also an incredibly straight-forward design change.

Some people are too focused in the here-and-now to realize that this change can only benefit Death Knights. If they're not worried about making all three specs viable for both DPS and tanking, then they have the chance to improve the class a lot more than what they are now, instead of having to consider essentially 6 specs for a single class. It does suck when a spec becomes either undesirable for DPS [former BM Hunter here] or simply unusable for DPS as a whole, but with a change like this, Blizzard had to make some people unhappy.

Just please remember, those who are angry, that Cataclysm could very well put all the beauty of DPSing from Blood and put that into the other trees. Beta's not out yet, so we have no clue how this will affect the class.

I just hope they come through with their promise of making all three specs viable for tanking when either overgearing heroics or just leveling, simply because that change would occur for the Warrior, too, and I would love to tank as Arms at least once.