Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Paladins get their review on the 16th?

Quote Originally Posted by PvE_Mage
    I'm surprised that it's the pallies and not the mages that are getting the short end
    ... No news has come for either class? So you are basing this off speculation from a random thread that is anticipating an announcement that could go either way?

Am I doin' it right??

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan
    I don't remember the last time I ever worried about mana as a Holy Paladin, or about Divine Plea's "self MS", pop Divine Intellect and Wings and your good.

Take this with a grain of salt and please sway away from a defensive attitude as I am stating this as an observation to the abundant posts I have seen lately claiming the same thing you have stated.

Considering your gems are almost entirely wrong...picking up every crappy gem bonus in your gear...I would be very hesitant if I were you about spreading misinformation. Popping wings and divine intellect while using plea is not the brightest of ways to use it.

You may not have problems with mana because I sense a lack of progression in your current situation. Your armory claims that you have around 28k mana. When you cross into harder fights and hard modes you will find that managing divine plea is alot more complicated then you explain.

Just trying to be helpful and mindful of class information as well as your setup.

On the topic of the OP, I don't believe we will see any ground breaking new talents added to the Holy Tree so much as to the Ret tree. It wouldn't surprise me if the Ret tree was completely redone in its entirety while Prot and Holy received a more CD based change or perhaps as others have suggested the removal of certain talents such as bubble from Prot in the interest of PvP.

they are still discussing how to tell the paladin community, that bubble is going to be removed in cata... :P

Quote Originally Posted by uka
    they are still discussing how to tell the paladin community, that bubble is going to be removed in cata... :P
    I highly doubt it will be removed completely as Bubble/Sac is an intricate part of raid utility with Holy Paladins. However, I could see them either reducing the duration or possibly removing the talent completely from Ret and Prot.

Reminds me of Patch 3.0 and Ret pallies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungbroh
    Reminds me of Patch 3.0 and Ret pallies...
    IT WAS A GLORIOUS DAY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Um, it's not that big of a deal guys...

Back when TBC was going to shake up the classes, hunter's review was pushed back and back for 2 weeks or so and it turned out alright. You're all just fearing blizzard is going to pull another stupid stunt like turning rets insanely over powered by making them deal heavy burst damage that's not negated by spell resistance or armor.

They won't do that again guys... I hope. I have a ret/prot pally also, but yea, it won't be that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    with their mailstorm!
    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/41.html
    in case people hasnt seen this

I laughed a lot. Thanks for that

I wouldn't be surprised it the following abilities were significantly changed/removed:

- Consecration
    - Bubble
    - Ardent Defender
    - Seals in general
    - Beacon

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    Even in the face of possible impending danger, we always remain faithful that we'll pull through.
    I'm sorry, you REPLIED to one of the many people that are already complaining about it so... WHAT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

I am scared also and want some one to hold me also.
    "We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."

Copain, shush. You're negative attitude is starting to grate.

Personally, I'd like to see:

Bubble moved to a deep, maybe even 51 point, talent in the holy tree
    Possibly move Divine Protection to the prot tree
    A way for prot paladins to use Lay on Hands on themselves without it causing forbearance
    Ret needs an interrupt or on the spot useful gap closer

Please make ret require reactive ability to play, having clcret show you how to maximise your dps is kind of sapping.

Holy doesn't need any hots, a raid wide heal on a long CD would be nice though.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Isn't Bubble under the Protection Tree in the spell book? Our talents even modify it >_______>..
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

That's why I'd like it to be moved.

Talents have moved trees lots of times in the past.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Blizzard's favourite classes are Warrior, Mage and Rogue.

That's why I'm afraid they're gonna nerf prot and ret paladins again. They started good in 3.0, yeah they were OP, but only got nerfed in the time. Ret dps got behind. Survivability like LOH, ss-fol hot nerfed / removed. Now they're gonna take cleanse away. Prot stamina nerfed. Prot-heal pvp spec nerfed hard. Promises remain unfulfilled, like ret still not getting any gap closer, ms effect or reliable interrupt. While who got ms effect? Frost mages and shadow priests. Because you know, frost mages were so underpowered in pvp they needed a buff.

Ret Paladins and Enhancement Shamans are poorest melee dps classes atm. Why? Because the class has healing talent tree?

Ghostcrawler: Yo, I heard you like challenges, and you want the ret rotation to be harder, so here is a 9-button rotation, followed by 4/9ths of that roatation, and 6/9ths of that roatation. You will have about the same DPS.

As for healers, we will be giving you 12 new healing spells, each with it's own interesting HoT

We are no longer making paladin tanks able to use concencration because people always say Protadins are easy.

GL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

they just forgot about paladins, and a few days later somebody finally remembered them

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I wouldn't be surprised it the following abilities were significantly changed/removed:

- Consecration
    - Bubble
    - Ardent Defender
    - Seals in general
    - Beacon
    Removing Beacon would really hurt
    But I can second Ardent Defender - it's current state is just lolOP.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mortisia
    Removing Beacon would really hurt
    But I can second Ardent Defender - it's current state is just lolOP.
    There is almost no way we could compete HPS wise if they changed beacon significantly.

If they made it like 75% healing, or even 50% of the healing, that might be okay.

The way it was in Naxx/pre Uld there is no way we could compete with the other multi-healing classes.