Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Paladins get their review on the 16th?

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow~Sorrow
    how about you compare concentration to consecration ?)
    Sorry i don't want to go off topic, but grammar Nazi's like you need special attention. Lack social skills much.

Coming back to topic, i certainly hope Both Ret and Holy get a review and despite all the cool spells being handed out already to other classes i still have hope we will get our just rewards...

*prays to god* :P

MY good blade carves the casques of men, My tough lance thrusteth sure, My strength is as the strength of ten, Because my heart is pure.

So obviously i lost the track of this thread. It breaks out that some guy wants to hold hands with a paladin because they have to wait for their review, which don't give sense as it's can be positive and negatively displayed as the other classes, meaning its takes longer time is because they take more time into the Paladin class obviously.

Secondly some guy is saying that ret dps is easy, while i can not say its hard as you can slap your keyboard if its binded "lkhiu" as thats what i would get if i just smack my hand in the keyboard. While it's going back and forth nobody says "Hey, all of these rotations are stupidly easy."

That's kinda my resumé of the mainpart of the thread

As a ret/prot pally with a 5869 gs in ret, the big changes are coming to holy.
    Ret will prolly get a earlier lvl spell so when lvling its not Judge....Judge.... ok dead.
    Concescrate will probably be changed, how to im not sure.
    They've more or less said they like how ret works. Espcially in tDIVINESTORM and the art of war proc to help. It makes it more interactive, and i think they used the 2pt10 as a test for possible changes in the ret system, so its more interactive then a fcfs priority rotation (which an AMAZING amount of people cant do, i almost never take ret pallies on my raids with me cuz they either say 8k+ or 4k... /end rant)
    Holy will get a hot/sheath of light type talent, imo.
    Bubble is a talent pretty important to pallies, though it might be tweaked.

overall, it will prolly be holy pallies with the most changes to make it more interactive, and tweaking ret the least.
    ret pally

Quote Originally Posted by rsxarmyfan
    As a ret/prot pally with a 5869 gs in ret, the big changes are coming to holy.
    Ret will prolly get a earlier lvl spell so when lvling its not Judge....Judge.... ok dead.
    Concescrate will probably be changed, how to im not sure.
    They've more or less said they like how ret works. Espcially in tDIVINESTORM and the art of war proc to help. It makes it more interactive, and i think they used the 2pt10 as a test for possible changes in the ret system, so its more interactive then a fcfs priority rotation (which an AMAZING amount of people cant do, i almost never take ret pallies on my raids with me cuz they either say 8k+ or 4k... /end rant)
    Holy will get a hot/sheath of light type talent, imo.
    Bubble is a talent pretty important to pallies, though it might be tweaked.

overall, it will prolly be holy pallies with the most changes to make it more interactive, and tweaking ret the least.
    I'm expecting some big ret changes. Don't forget about the PvP part of the game, and ret is currently in desperate need of some major PvP changes. And ret isn't exactly interesting to play in PvE either.

Quote Originally Posted by rsxarmyfan
    As a ret/prot pally with a 5869 gs in ret
    Please don't ever type anything like that ever again as if it means something.

Deleted

secondly, why the hell are you bitching about how someone types consecration? like it matters.
    Why do people come on this forum and try to comment when they can't even spell the name of one of their key class abilities? What possible contribution do they make when they do not know the name of abilities and then try to comment on their use? It isn't like I jumped on one person. The different spellings of it from different people were quite amusing. Concentration, Concencration. Jolly good attempts though.

Same thing goes for people saying they 'popped' Divine Intellect. LMAO. Am I really in the Paladin forums? I think what people meant was they popped Divine Illumination (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=31842).

No wonder other classes consider us a joke when people like this are running around under the Paladin banner.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Talaith1
    Why do people come on this forum and try to comment when they can't even spell the name of one of their key class abilities? What possible contribution do they make when they do not know the name of abilities and then try to comment on their use? It isn't like I jumped on one person. The different spellings of it from different people were quite amusing. Concentration, Concencration. Jolly good attempts though.

Same thing goes for people saying they 'popped' Divine Intellect. LMAO. Am I really in the Paladin forums? I think what people meant was they popped Divine Illumination (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=31842).

No wonder other classes consider us a joke when people like this are running around under the Paladin banner.
    These forums are not the place to be questioning others use of spelling and grammar. English may be the preferred language here at MMO-C, but it is not everyone's native language. Please respect your fellow members in this regard by keeping this in mind, because doing so otherwise is against the ToS and violates the rules and regulations put forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    These forums are not the place to be questioning others use of spelling and grammar. English may be the preferred language here at MMO-C, but it is not everyone's native language. Please respect your fellow members in this regard by keeping this in mind, because doing so otherwise is against the ToS and violates the rules and regulations put forth.
    thing is, complete ignore/ lack of knowledge/ misstype on purpose of english language is a certain disrespect towards people here.
    while i am not willing to speak like Shakespeare did, but at least decent knowldge of language and WOW internal slang and abilities would be just fine.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow~Sorrow
    thing is, complete ignore/ lack of knowledge/ misstype on purpose of english language is a certain disrespect towards people here.
    while i am not willing to speak like Shakespeare did, but at least decent knowldge of language and WOW internal slang and abilities would be just fine.
    I agree... to a point. Bad spelling/grammar i could care less about, english isnt everyone first language, i dont expect them to know it perfectly, just like if I went to a german forum, i wouldnt be able to "speak" perfect german. But getting abilities wrong is just plain horrible... sometimes you can figure out what the persons talking about, like if someone called Divine Storm something like Divine Whirlwind. but if someone is referring to, lets say, Judgements of the Just (the prot talent) but call it Judgement of Justice, that can cause a lot of confusion.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Blizz wants to get us nervous and then suprise us.

Quote from GC: Ret Paladins will now be able to Dual wield, this will be a Deep Ret talent :-X

I remember the first time I feared a demo lock, and right out of the fear holy wrath'd him and exo crit him.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

I cried.

IRL.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    I remember the first time I feared a demo lock, and right out of the fear holy wrath'd him and exo crit him.
    We wont be able to do that any more in cata =(

blizzard hates paladins
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

Quote Originally Posted by Northy
    That was a patch, this is an expansion. I'm sure it won't be duct tape.
    I bet you'll be pleased.
    Actually, all the expansion will do is give us the zones and the races. Normally everything else is patched in right before. Normally. Thats the way it was with Lich King and BC I think.

Remember when WotLK came out, it came out like 3 months earlier than expected? Because of Warhammer Online came out, they rushed though the paladin jargen in a week to get it out before or right after Warhammer.

I hope it wont be duct tape again, but it is hard to hope like that, especially seeing the workshop that they will go in for all the other classes and then just duct-tape on a plastic sword for us and call it a day.
    Armour is no protection against the blessed tools of the righteous

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Applegarth
    Actually, all the expansion will do is give us the zones and the races. Normally everything else is patched in right before. Normally. Thats the way it was with Lich King and BC I think.

Remember when WotLK came out, it came out like 3 months earlier than expected? Because of Warhammer Online came out, they rushed though the paladin jargen in a week to get it out before or right after Warhammer.

I hope it wont be duct tape again, but it is hard to hope like that, especially seeing the workshop that they will go in for all the other classes and then just duct-tape on a plastic sword for us and call it a day.
    They did the same with the ToC patch, to try and push it out before Aion released in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    with their mailstorm!
    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/41.html
    in case people hasnt seen this
    I want you to know I laughed so hard at that picture that I pooped a little.

Mage changes are out, all classes' previews are out.
    Now to wait for the 16th, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A
    I tried to point this out once and I was called out for being dumb. Ret pallies just go through a 5 button rotation. It doesn't matter at all which order you push these buttons in because as long as they are all kept on cooldown your doing max dps. Every other spec in the game requires some sort of debuff, proc, or pre-requisite skill for them to be doing max dps. If you don't believe me, go ahead give me an example. Sure paladins have cooldowns to use, but so does every other class.
    this (bolded part) is actually highly untrue. also its 6 buttons, not counting CDs (as in Avenging Wrath, engineering bombs, gloves etc) and to further "prove" this I can change the priority in rawr on my pallies ret setup so that max dps is 8563 (off spec gear makes good stuff hard to get) and lowest dps at 8034. so yes, it does matter in which order you hit which button.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungbroh
    Reminds me of Patch 3.0 and Ret pallies...
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    IT WAS A GLORIOUS DAY.
    Haha it was insanely overpowered. I remember getting Wrecking ball achievement the first time i stepped into BG as retri, in some crappy badge/BT gear i managed to pick up few weeks before release.

Bubble + wings and /faceroll 3-4 scrubs before bubble runs off

I would love to see them do something about Protection Paladin's mana. Seeing a 5k mana pool on a level 80 character is just ridiculous. People say we have plenty of ways to regain mana, this might be true, but I hate being in Tier 10 gear and having to drink after every pull in heroics. I hate the reliability on being healed to regain mana. Even with 2/2 SA, Sanctuary, Divine Plea - I still run out of mana in heroics. If my DP falls off, forget it, time to drink again.

In raids im fine, I take enough healing to never run out of mana but in heroics I often go OOM through taking literally no damage. It seems silly to never have to think about resources in the harder situation, but you're always thinking about resources in the easy mode situation. This needs a serious balancing fix.