Thread: Engineer Macro

Engineer Macro

Does anyone know the macro for hyperspeed accelerators?

Re: Engineer Macro

/cast <insert spell here>
    /use 10

works like a charm

/cast <insert spell name here(one you use frequently)>
    /cast <insert the link to your enchanted hand>

or the one Sidius said.

/cast commonlyusedskill
    /use 10
    /say Ludicrous speed, go!

#showtooltip Sinister Strike
    /use Sanctified Shadowblade Gauntlets
    /cast sinister strike

That is the exact macro I use. (My gloves are enchanted with the Hyperspeed Accelerators)

Is it really that much better to use it every time its off CD? From a long time ago, this could well be over 2 years old, I heard that if you have multiple haste CDs, its best to pop them all together. During a bossfight (mind you, rogue's only an alt) I tend to open up with SS, SS, SnD, trinket, KS, now I would pop my gloves, but trinket shares CD with it, so AR, then sometimes I wait with gloves+BF+Berserking untill AR is finished (+15 energy procs are more welcome outside of an AR proc than inside), but sometimes I just dont care and pop em as soon as gloves get off shared CD.

Now my question simply is - is my reasoning wrong here? Its all done rather instinctively, rather than scientifically.

This is what I use. Very helpful for target switching as it turns on autoattack even if i dont have energy for SS
    #showtooltip sinister strike
    /startattack
    /cast sinister strike
    /cast Shadowblade Gauntlets

Don't use the name of the gloves, use "/use 10" instead. Kinda annoying to have to change the macro everytime you get new hands or change to a spec with different ones geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo
    #showtooltip Sinister Strike
    /use Sanctified Shadowblade Gauntlets
    /cast sinister strike

That is the exact macro I use. (My gloves are enchanted with the Hyperspeed Accelerators)
    It does not matter much with this buff as it is just haste but most times you will want to use a macro like the one above so it actually uses the item (like a trinket or something) before you attack instead of after.

Quote Originally Posted by Poklix
    This is what I use. Very helpful for target switching as it turns on autoattack even if i dont have energy for SS
    #showtooltip sinister strike
    /startattack
    /cast sinister strike
    /cast Shadowblade Gauntlets
    I recome /use 10 then you dont have to change the macro every time you get a new item.

I got on my paladin

/Use 10
    /Cast Crusader strike

Never get problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravage
    Is it really that much better to use it every time its off CD? From a long time ago, this could well be over 2 years old, I heard that if you have multiple haste CDs, its best to pop them all together. During a bossfight (mind you, rogue's only an alt) I tend to open up with SS, SS, SnD, trinket, KS, now I would pop my gloves, but trinket shares CD with it, so AR, then sometimes I wait with gloves+BF+Berserking untill AR is finished (+15 energy procs are more welcome outside of an AR proc than inside), but sometimes I just dont care and pop em as soon as gloves get off shared CD.

Now my question simply is - is my reasoning wrong here? Its all done rather instinctively, rather than scientifically.
    Well the problem with delaying it is that its on a 1 min cd, which means that delaying using it can easily cost you an extra use over the course of the fight. Assuming you know for certain that you will not lose an extra use, yes it is better to use it with BF or Hero/BL or both.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou
    Well the problem with delaying it is that its on a 1 min cd, which means that delaying using it can easily cost you an extra use over the course of the fight. Assuming you know for certain that you will not lose an extra use, yes it is better to use it with BF or Hero/BL or both.
    My general method of delaying is:
    Fight of unknown length? Pop on cooldown, immediately.
    Fight of known length? Delay so long as you don't lose a use.

But as you said, the delay can't be terribly large or you lose a whole use of your gloves.