Thread: blood tank? ftl

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: blood tank? ftl

every frost dk whose an orc knows they want to dps in UH presence, dw swing animations are the shit!
    lol @ the guy who says frost isnt very good for dps, check the top logs of somebody NOT using SM vs the top frost

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Memm

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan
    Jumping to conclusions? Ftl.

Are you serious? Did you really make an entire QQ post about this when the talents weren't even announced yet?! Yes RIGHT NOW frost isn't very good for dps but that's right now. There's so much to be changed/added before release.

If you're going to mindlessly whine about something that hasn't even happened and has no relevence to what will happen, atleast post in a QQ thread that's already posted rather than wasting space.
    It isn't 'very good', it's spectacular.
    come out with your hands on your heads, you are surrounded by armed bastards

Deleted

Well if u look at dps now blood is in the last place... frost managed to surpass it and its close to unholy. So u ll have unholy>frost>blood... and + almost all tanks are blood. which means that the tree that is last in dps and most used for tanking will be the perma tanking tree..

Wait..what?

Blood has pretty much always been the better tanking tree, It's pretty clearly more designed towards tanking then the other trees, but.. did you seriously just say that DW frost isn't competitive dps? Learn a bit about your class before..you bash it. You're probably one of the people who complained when they took away your "Spam Heart strike until it dies" rotation.

You're a Death Knight, Not a blood knight. Learn to use your other specs, or don't cry when yours because sub-optimal for dpsing. You're free to stay blood dps, It'll just be less optimal, and from the sounds of it- You don't care about that. You don't sound like someone who cares about the buffs you bring to a raid, with your saying DW frost is worthless.

All in all, Learn to play, Learn to adapt. MMOs Evolve over time. They balance, Unbalance, And re-balance. Raise caps, change caps, and alter specs all the time. If you can't take it, Then go play Runescape, or something.

And If you want to actually get something done, Developers don't come to MMO-Champions for suggestions, They have a fricken suggestion board. USE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzan
    Jumping to conclusions? Ftl.

Are you serious? Did you really make an entire QQ post about this when the talents weren't even announced yet?! Yes RIGHT NOW frost isn't very good for dps but that's right now. There's so much to be changed/added before release.

If you're going to mindlessly whine about something that hasn't even happened and has no relevence to what will happen, atleast post in a QQ thread that's already posted rather than wasting space.
    what is this "frost isn't a good dps spec" thingy, unless they changed something from the 3.3.3 PTR from the live, they buffed DW so hard that it even out dpsed 2h unholy dk's with shadowmourne (you can go look that up at EJ, they has tons of those sims showing it out dmg, by 800-1000 dps)

You are a complete retard if you think Frost is bad especially after the recent buffs. Paragon had 2 DW frost Death Knights in their Heroic Lich King kill for shits and giggles right?
    Much love Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by dannzi
    what is this "frost isn't a good dps spec" thingy, unless they changed something from the 3.3.3 PTR from the live, they buffed DW so hard that it even out dpsed 2h unholy dk's with shadowmourne (you can go look that up at EJ, they has tons of those sims showing it out dmg, by 800-1000 dps)
    My bad, was going off of what some other people were saying about the frost spec, not from my own experience. Teaches me to listen to people on these forums. Lol.

But anyways, that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

stopped reading at

i dont give a rats ass what people say about dual wielding.

So people should care about what you have to say about blood

gtf off your high horse mr dk
    STFU and kill shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Axios
    Blood is still a dps spec and it is viable for all current content, the fact that it is as well a tanking spec doesn't make any difference, stop bitching.
    It won't be a DPS spec in Cataclysm any more than Protection is for warriors.

Obviously this was just a rant by the OP, no matter how unneeded it is. Nothing has been announced about whats changing about the other 2 trees so why don't you just embrace the change and hope for the best?

PS- Blood is shit for DPS, end of story.

I laughed at the claim of Frost being bad damage.

Regarding presences, maybe they'll change what the presences do. Obviously they didn't know exactly how the class would end up when they created these abilities, and they won't make sense after the Cataclysm changes go through. Hopefully while they're at it they can tailor each non-tank presence to a damage tree.

10+ Year Old Account

I played Blood DPS since WotLK launch as well, but I don't give a fuck about them making it the tank tree, there are 2 other perfectly fine trees to choose from. Get OVER IT
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I'm pretty damn sure they're going to make changes to the Frost and Unholy trees aswell. -_-

And hey, that spec that you want to play where you rip your opponents apart with your huge weapons, that's the Arms tree that warriors have. Time to reroll the class you really want to play instead of whining about not being able to play the easy OP class anymore.

i love the taste of DK tears

i lol'd at veteran dk

blood dk tank ftw

I find it amusing that this guy thinks frost dps is terrible, but the first H-LK 25 kill had not one, but two frost dks... because the dps is so terrible the top guild in the world used two of them on the hardest encounter currently in the game.

Two words

Death. Strike.

<3

Keep crying OP, your tears make excellent polish for my retribution spec armor.

The fact that the topic starter had to edit his first post to say he was sorry for the nerd rage is enough to just close this topic. They were nerd raging, were wrong about it completely, got caught like an idiot, and had to back track to fix the mess they caused. In general yes frost prescence is the tank prescence but blood has always been geared towards tanking over dps'ing. I remember in ulduar we had a few DK's who would be blood for bosses and unholy/frost for trash. Simply because the aoe factor of howling blast and the spread diseases dmg unholy is far superior to single target dps of blood. From the start of wotlk DW frost was overpowered beyond belief, it got nerfed, blizz relized the mistake of forcing all Dk's to be 2 handed weapon users so they reused the duel wield idea and buffed it on steroids. It was a smart move, and saying frost dw sux is completely ignorant and shows just how much you dont know about your own class. l2research.

15+ Year Old Account

It actually makes complete sense. Firstly, they need to have a dedicated tanking tree. So ask yourself: why not blood? Why any particular tree? A tank that has self-healing abilities sounds pretty good. And the fact that Blood will have a whole lot of cool tanking talents in it will make tanking as a DK very cool and more unique than before (as if diseases weren't a unique tanking tool to begin with).

What people fail to realise is that how the trees stand right now is nothing at all like how they will be come Cataclysm. Look at warriors as an example: Arms is your 2H DPS tree; Fury is your dual wielding one; and Prot speaks for itself (sword and board). Now, imagine if the talents in those trees all got revamped and you were doing some crazy, fun shit with it all.

Now, imagine that the DK trees become a reflection of that, but with everything that denotes a DK: namely, diseases, runic power and magic damage. The trees are getting a complete overhaul. So much so, that I wouldn't be surprised to see Unholy become a blending of both Blood and Unholy. We probably won't even recognise either tree anymore, they will be changed so much.

Instead of people getting all up in arms and ranting, why not wait and see how the trees pan out? If people are hardcore Blood DPS players, choose Unholy or Frost when the changes have been made and see how the glove fits. You may be surprised with the improvements that Blizzard are making, not just to DKs but to all classes and specs.

Finally, I wouldn't be surprised if we see DKs having to equip a shield and be in Blood presence to tank, for a defensive and healing boost; or for Frost DKs to be in Frost presence with its magic and speed boost and Unholy DKs to be in Unholy presence, with its disease and minion boost -- or something like that.

Consider that we don't even know what talents there will be, how each spec will play or just how cool things might become. I don't get why people nerdrage about changes. We knew that they were going to make huge changes with this expansion. Things are only being improved, and the messiness and blurriness of the whole thing is being redefined and focused to give us definitive lines and specifically tank, 2H DPS or dual wield DPS talents according to their trees.
    For the Alliance!