Lava Lash vs Fire Nova?

Hey guys, I know it says in the stickied post that Lava Lash is above Fire Nova in priority, but I'm trying to figure out why. Maybe it's because I'm not 80 yet that there's such a big difference. Right now, my Lava Lash hits for about 3-400, and Fire Nova hits for about 1100. Will that be fixed once I put away my heirloom weapons and get some epics or something? I just feel like I'm wasting my time with Lava Lash atm x_x...I'm 77, btw.

Re: Lava Lash vs Fire Nova?

The reasoning behind putting LL ahead of FN isn't because at some point it is going to Miraculously do more damage.

Its because of what LL has a chance to Proc.

LL can proc all melee strike procs for trinkets, it can also proc Maelstrom weapon.

Also LL has the added benefit of Flametongue as FT should always be on your OH.

Over all this adds up to a DPS increase over using FN if both are off CD
    The only thing i know is that i know nothing

Thank-you, that makes sense. I'll probably notice a better difference once I'm 80 and can use flametongue on my off-hand.

15+ Year Old Account

You should be using wf/ft even while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGann
    precisely.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Everything I read said to wait until I had Elemental Fury maxed and ~1000 spell damage. I can start now, though, if that's whats best. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Leshya
    Hey guys, I know it says in the stickied post that Lava Lash is above Fire Nova in priority, but I'm trying to figure out why. Maybe it's because I'm not 80 yet that there's such a big difference. Right now, my Lava Lash hits for about 3-400, and Fire Nova hits for about 1100. Will that be fixed once I put away my heirloom weapons and get some epics or something? I just feel like I'm wasting my time with Lava Lash atm x_x...I'm 77, btw.
    yeah use FN to start with, LL is pretty shit until you get a really good OH

Deleted

WRONG. Only when his SP goes over 1000, which typically only happens once you have lvl 80 epics. If your SP is below 1000 then dual WF is higher dps.

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    precisely.
    Also wrong.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Leshya
    Everything I read said to wait until I had Elemental Fury maxed and ~1000 spell damage. I can start now, though, if that's whats best. :P
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    WRONG. Only when his SP goes over 1000, which typically only happens once you have lvl 80 epics. If your SP is below 1000 then dual WF is higher dps.
    I wouldn't say the "higher dps" is the important part for levelling but the fact that lucky wf procs take out 50% of the mobs hp (in levelling zones). Actually there isn't much dps to do in such short fights :P
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Feiht
    The reasoning behind putting LL ahead of FN isn't because at some point it is going to Miraculously do more damage.

Its because of what LL has a chance to Proc.

LL can proc all melee strike procs for trinkets, it can also proc Maelstrom weapon.

Also LL has the added benefit of Flametongue as FT should always be on your OH.

Over all this adds up to a DPS increase over using FN if both are off CD
    This