Rate my Mage.

Hey guys my dps in ICC seems to be lacking a little bit. I think i have the rotation right. Just wondering if my gems/enchants are wrong.if you guys could rate/tell me whats wrong, it would be great. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...tic&gn=Resumed

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Rate my Mage.

there's an entire thread with this same topic. search button=hard?
    BfA Beta Time

Well assuming you have a spriest or any other class that supplies the 3% hit, you would be at hit cap, but one thing to remember is that rotation isn't everything, especially in ICC. Other factors include RNG, and raid setup of course. CD's are everything. What separates an average mage from a great mage is how they time their cooldowns. Factors include when you pop Bloodlust/Heroism, adds, and when you have to move in certain fights. That's all I can tell you from just reading this. Sorry, I'm not there to experience it.

haha whoops, thanks for telling me.

Well from a gear point of view you look good exept from some things.

1. Muridan's Spyglass is not good for arcane spec. Get rotface 25 trinket (Forgot the name but I have it so check my armory)

2. Your offhand is bad aswell (you don't want to get nonhaste items get the spider offhand from Council 25 or To(G)C 10 offhand from twins)

You are kinda low on haste but its mostly beacuse you have low haste gear. You want around 1000+ haste but also good balance with spellpower.

3. CD's is everything. Using your CD's wrong can be crusial btw 11k dps and 8k dps.

My CD rot is: Macroed AP, IV, Mirrors (no use trinket atm) at the start of the fight and go all out. then use mana gem and continue your rotation untill you get like 35% mana. Use Evo. At this point your AP should be on like 10 sec and you will use it alone as soon as it get avalible. Now you want to wait untill all CD are ready and use them again together with heroism. You will use haste potion with heroism (or if you are 1 sec cast at heroism right after.)

Also use mana gem when ever its ready and YOU ALWAYS PREOT BEFORE A PULL!!!!!!

Here is CD macro:
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Mirror Image
    /s Apocalypsee PEW PEW MAGE POWER!!!!!!! LOOK MY DPS!
    END

Hope this helped atleast some.
    Apocalypsee 80 Gnome Mage Arcane!!!!

My Mage. Check and feel envy!

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypsee
    Well from a gear point of view you look good exept from some things.

1. Muridan's Spyglass is not good for arcane spec. Get rotface 25 trinket (Forgot the name but I have it so check my armory)

2. Your offhand is bad aswell (you don't want to get nonhaste items get the spider offhand from Council 25 or To(G)C 10 offhand from twins)

You are kinda low on haste but its mostly beacuse you have low haste gear. You want around 1000+ haste but also good balance with spellpower.

3. CD's is everything. Using your CD's wrong can be crusial btw 11k dps and 8k dps.

My CD rot is: Macroed AP, IV, Mirrors (no use trinket atm) at the start of the fight and go all out. then use mana gem and continue your rotation untill you get like 35% mana. Use Evo. At this point your AP should be on like 10 sec and you will use it alone as soon as it get avalible. Now you want to wait untill all CD are ready and use them again together with heroism. You will use haste potion with heroism (or if you are 1 sec cast at heroism right after.)

Also use mana gem when ever its ready and YOU ALWAYS PREOT BEFORE A PULL!!!!!!

Here is CD macro:
    /cast Arcane Power
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Mirror Image
    /s Apocalypsee PEW PEW MAGE POWER!!!!!!! LOOK MY DPS!
    END

Hope this helped atleast some.
    Ive been trying to replace that Muridan's Spyglass for awhile now, Ive never seen Dislodged Foreign Object drop off 25 Rotface yet, hopefully it will soon...

If i loose my offhand ill be under hit cap. (Anyone have any suggestions there?)

I got the exact same Macro as you, except for the /s bit of course.

Thank you for replying.

I would say get the frost neddle (dont mind spelling havn't sleppt yet) it will give you the hit needed and give some haste while at it. And you will get more haste when you replace the offhand aswell = even more haste.

But you will loose some spellpower but imo atm you might use the haste more (BUT DONT GEM 20 HASTE EVER!!!!)
    Apocalypsee 80 Gnome Mage Arcane!!!!

My Mage. Check and feel envy!