Poll: Which tree should be the tank tree?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Which tree should be the tank tree?

Now that it's been announced that Blood will be THE tanking spec, what tree do you think SHOULD be the tanking tree?

Re: Which tree should be the tank tree?

Blood and Unholy sound like damage dealers and when i think of frost i think of a tank... i dont know why i just do

I would love for frost to be the tanking tree do to the fact it seems more of a DEFENCE WALL,type of thing, like you will get smacked less hard or something.
    But in all honesty blood seems the most logical.

I have been and always will be a blood tank, so it doesn't matter to me.

One of the main distinctions to Blood is the self-healing. That seems like more of a tank feature, as opposed to super parry hasting or a pet and heavier diseases.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

The thing frost has going for it is that they have already taken steps toward a dedicated dual wield tree. If frost has become the tank tree there would be no difference PVE wise between blood and unholy except whichever spreadsheets higher. Good move on blizzard's part making blood the tanking tree imo, it has been the best raiding tank spec for the vast majority of the expansion, and it is only the fun tools of frost that make people love it for heroics and such.

Unholy!!! They haz bone shield!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Blood, frost is for DW fanboy nabs.

Well Blood has the whole life synonymy imo. But Frost has the whole Ice and being tough. Also Unholy has the whole will of the undead shtick so it could really go anyway.

If I had to choose I would go with blood cause the others sound more cut-throat and cold (Pun lol) therefore making them sound better as damage.

I vote blood because one of the main aspects of the tree is self healing. That's one of the most unique dk tanking features imo, and also the most fun I think.

Blood.

Look at it from several angles. One, blood is historically the tanking spec of choice, the exception being launch where it was unholy. Two, in the coming environment of Cataclysm, where tanking and tank healing will be more reactive and tanks don't die in two hits, Blood offers a unique version of tanking, with healing as a form of mitigation, that meshes perfectly with the proposed changes. Three, frost tanking is the most... I don't want to say generic, but the most conformist of the death knight trees when compared to the other tank classes. It works the exact same way, try to mitigate the incoming damage as much as possible. Blood works in a completely different manner from other tanks, and making it the tank tree keeps a unique feel to DK tanking.

Blood is the best choice.

Frost Presence is the tank presence for a reason. Icebound Fortitude, high threat on Icy Touch, it's all Frost. Frost is about being strong. Blood is about draining life which is just a terrible mechanic for a tank and they will never be able to balance it properly. Blood would be amazing as a dual wield DPS tree much like a Fury Warrior is now.

when i compare frost and blood, blood sounds more like the damage dealing one, bit berserker imo. while frost is the "slowing down your enemies" and being a wall.
    gief blood dw and leave frost as the prim tank specc (wont happen..)

Frost sounds more PvP to me.

And tanks will have so much HP in Cata that it wouldn't even matter how Blood mitigates

Frost presence = Tank presence
    Blood presence = Dps presence

Frost spec = Dps
    Blood spec = Tank

???

One of them should be reversed for it to be a little less confusing (level 59 blood specced tanks taking in blood presence)
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

I honestly don't know which tree should be the tank tree. I don't even know if I like the idea of having a dedicated tank tree tbh. It somehow removes the 'special' thing DKs have going for them. Having 3 dps trees and 3 tank trees.

But then again, I assume DKs are getting a huge rewamp, so I won't go whine before I see how it turns out, who knows, maybe it will be super nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Frost presence = Tank presence
    Blood presence = Dps presence

Frost spec = Dps
    Blood spec = Tank

???

One of them should be reversed for it to be a little less confusing (level 59 blood specced tanks taking in blood presence)
    They will be. Blood will be the tank presence in cata, it's the only logical thing.

I stated in another thread that in the end I wouldn't be surprised to see some Presence changes.

Blizzard backed themselves into a corner when they put DW talents in the frost tree. Then they went and made DW even better. IMO frost should be the tanking spec and the DW talents moved elsewhere.

15+ Year Old Account

From a technical standpoint, blood is a obvious winner (imo).

Pros: Cons:

Blood- Last Stand - Many cooldowns to watch
    - AoE Capeability - Reliant on death runes
    - Self-healing, and alot of it
    - Off-tank healing (mark of blood)
    - Gained threat through maximizing DPS
    - High Runic Power regeneration
    - Minor health increase

Frost- High AoE Capeability - Dual Weild Hit Cap is difficult
    - Unique Dual Weild Build - Many useless talents
    - Spell Resisitance - Low single target threat
    - Freeze loose adds
    - Minor health/armor increase
    - Low Mitigation

Unholy- Very High AoE Capeability - Watch a lot of timers
    - Very Spell Resistant - Low single target threat
    - Low Mitigation
    - Extensive use of disease

Here are the pros and cons of each tree, maybe that will help in your desicions

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    They will be. Blood will be the tank presence in cata, it's the only logical thing.
    ye right. and droods should heal in cat-form because they get the healing bonus of 70% of their agi