Voice Your Opinion

I am curious as to how the upcoming changes to the Blood tree effect you. Are you happy or sad and why? I only ask that you voice your opinion rationally and with something worthwhile to say. If you feel this post is to long then it's obviously not the thread for you, and you should move on. This is for those of us who are curious of one another opinions and are willing to give intelligent responses.

The change:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...38461060&sid=1

How I feel:

Neutral Opinion:
    This is probably one of the biggest changes Blizzard has ever implemented to any class ever. A DPS spec is being completely removed from the game in exchange for an entirely new talent tree. This is a bittersweet change and here is why. As Death Knights we lose one of the most appealing aspect to our class, diversity. Both Frost and Unholy were, at one point or another and still to some extent viable Tanking specs. Two tanking options are completely removed from the game along with a DPS spec. Although I can say this change is "for the greater good" it doesn't change the fact it will stir more controversy then any change made to our class. What made us unique was also our greatest flaw and no one can say they didn't see something like this coming. It took 4 teirs of content and almost 2 years for Blizzard to realize what was already apparent to some of the members in the Death knight community, and now they are trying to fix it.

Personal Opinion:
    The fact that I am losing a spec regardless of whether or not it is competitive bothers me. I chose a Death Knight because they had 3 DPS trees and 3 tanking trees. I valued the freedom to play the way I want to even if it is not THE way to play. This change will, to some degree destroy that freedom. Blizzard made a huge mistake adding a new class to the game because it utterly shook the foundation of every other class in the game. World of Warcraft has a set of roles that each class fills in one way or another. Stuffing a new class into a game that already has issues balancing what was already present was a risky decision and although I love my class I do not agree with it. Now to take that class and have it have no definite tanking or DPS trees was an even bigger mistake and this was apparent from the start. Now Blizzard is forcing US to adjust to a change they are making due to THEIR mistake. They tried something new, and it didn't work so now we are forced to compromise. My suggestion is that rather then change an entire class work with what is given so that players may retain their freedom. I understand my opinion is irrelevant in the greater scope of things, but I feel if it is voiced in a rational way it can at least be viewed. I can say as a player of the class since it's release there have been many changes. Some of them buffs, others nerfs, but one have been as big as this. This post isn't a plea to prevent changes, but rather a voiced opinion from a member of the Death Knight community since Wrath's release.

Re: Voice Your Opinion

While I agree with a lot of what you are saying:
    A) there are at least 2 other threads here that are about the same/ similar topics, and this probably would be better put there
    B) but since Im here, I love the feel of DKs right now, and have from the beginning I think 3 dps and 3 tank trees was the coolest thing they could have done, sure I hate has always been FoTM specs, but right now they are so close that they are all viable in all aspects of the game( except blood pvp), after spending that much time balancing, why scrap the project completely now?
    C) Im a frost tank, I always have been( at least at heart) I dont enjoy any other spec, for them to do this, Im not sure if I will wanna keep tanking, blood is one of the most boring specs I have ever played( neck and neck with demon sac/destruction locks) so I really hope they change their minds on this one, or they change the blood rotation a bit, or Ill be another frost tank gone dps, and have to start auto-winning on a pally tank.

I took a look at some of the other posts and they mainly consist of common QQ with no real logic behind it. I don't expect the same amount of posts, but I want them to be thought out ones.

One thing to consider is the Blood tree we have now and the vision Blizzard has could be vastly different. For all we know each and every talent Blood has will be removed from the game, or maybe only a few. The whole tree will be repurposed, and this could even be a chance to improve the issues the current tree has (In terms of enjoyment)

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    While I agree with a lot of what you are saying:
    A) there are at least 2 other threads here that are about the same/ similar topics, and this probably would be better put there
    B) but since Im here, I love the feel of DKs right now, and have from the beginning I think 3 dps and 3 tank trees was the coolest thing they could have done, sure I hate has always been FoTM specs, but right now they are so close that they are all viable in all aspects of the game( except blood pvp), after spending that much time balancing, why scrap the project completely now?
    C) Im a frost tank, I always have been( at least at heart) I dont enjoy any other spec, for them to do this, Im not sure if I will wanna keep tanking, blood is one of the most boring specs I have ever played( neck and neck with demon sac/destruction locks) so I really hope they change their minds on this one, or they change the blood rotation a bit, or Ill be another frost tank gone dps, and have to start auto-winning on a pally tank.
    hey, pally tank auto-winning is fun! ^^

and you never know. they could very well change it up a bit, make blood more interesting.

Personally, I've played around as a DK tank, and this seems to be an interesting turn of events. I'm curious to see how this'll play out