Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Patient bigyin109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Breach
    Posts
    281

    Demo - Mana Feed

    Hey all, our demo lock recently left WoW to start up his own family (best of luck by the way mate if your reading), which has left yours truely to fill the gap.

    Now i have been destro ever since i hit 80, so demo is a pretty new thing to me, i think im doing ok, keep missing the odd corruption refresh because im not used to watching out for an extra DoT, but im sure i will eventually master it, im using http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IZ0GchkAbibsguAoE00V (0/56/15) as my spec atm and i cant help but notice my felgaurd is oom after a few minutes, i have read that its worth taking mana feed to solve that problem but they have never explained what talent to sacrifice to pick it up, so that is my question, can an experienced demo lock please show me a build with mana feed in it that will not gimp my dps too much please?

    cheers

  2. #2

  3. #3
    The Patient bigyin109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Breach
    Posts
    281

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    awesome, thanks for the quick reply

  4. #4

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    you're welcome
    the main reason why it's like that, is because of the recent DP buff.
    Felguard doesn't need high crit rating to maintain the buff now, otherwise it's quite a weak talent.

  5. #5

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    Or you could skip Mana Feed and just insta-summon a new FG when he goes OOM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

  6. #6
    High Overlord Nathanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kolding, Denmark.
    Posts
    128

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    Just to make a quick note to you.

    I don't know what you raid, 10-man or 25-man, if its the latter you shouldn't need to pick up Mana Feed, I play full-time Demo in 25-man, and my FG has yet to run oom on any encounter.

    If you do 10-man/Heroics then Mana Feed is invaluable. Although I doubt thats the case seeing as Demo is not the greatest 10-man spec and you don't need to spec anything specific for Heroics
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Just when I thought I was done with class changes, they pull me back in!

  7. #7

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanos
    Just to make a quick note to you.

    I don't know what you raid, 10-man or 25-man, if its the latter you shouldn't need to pick up Mana Feed, I play full-time Demo in 25-man, and my FG has yet to run oom on any encounter.

    If you do 10-man/Heroics then Mana Feed is invaluable. Although I doubt thats the case seeing as Demo is not the greatest 10-man spec and you don't need to spec anything specific for Heroics
    For 10-man setups, demonic pact is quite valuable, and demo dps isnt bad by itself.

  8. #8
    High Overlord Nathanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kolding, Denmark.
    Posts
    128

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    Quote Originally Posted by Strah
    For 10-man setups, demonic pact is quite valuable, and demo dps isnt bad by itself.
    I know this, I raid 10-man as Demo

    I was just making a note that for 10-man DP isn't so valuable that its a must to have atleast one (Its not a must have I know, but most people do grab one for 25-man), so another spec might be better for 10-man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Just when I thought I was done with class changes, they pull me back in!

  9. #9

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanos
    I know this, I raid 10-man as Demo

    I was just making a note that for 10-man DP isn't so valuable that its a must to have atleast one (Its not a must have I know, but most people do grab one for 25-man), so another spec might be better for 10-man.
    Well, it's either demo or affliction, since destro is subpar to both, both in terms of dps and raid utility.

  10. #10
    The Patient bigyin109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Breach
    Posts
    281

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    got destro for 10 mans/hc's, just needed to spec demo for 25 mans cause our previous demo left the guild ;p

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord Azutael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,731

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    Mana feed it quite useless in a raid setting, even in 5man I dont need it myself.
    if it so happens my pet goes oom, i just summon a new one anyway.


  12. #12

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    Quote Originally Posted by Strah
    you're welcome
    the main reason why it's like that, is because of the recent DP buff.
    Felguard doesn't need high crit rating to maintain the buff now, otherwise it's quite a weak talent.
    Considering Imp DT is the best choice in a BiS setup, I'd rather move a point from Master Summoner into Mana Feed. At least, I did, because I can count the times my pet died in a well going fight on a hand that had a date with a wood chipper.

  13. #13

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN
    Mana feed it quite useless in a raid setting, even in 5man I dont need it myself.
    if it so happens my pet goes oom, i just summon a new one anyway.

    Mana Feed is unnecessary if you have a couple of sources of replenishment in your raid. Without reliable replenishment Mana Feed is more or less required since it becomes a dps increasing talent vs basic utility.

    I'd advise dropping a point from master summoner rather than imp demonic tactics though. the latter is a dps loss, the first is pretty much unnoticeable.

  14. #14
    The Patient bigyin109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Breach
    Posts
    281

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    hmm, so i re jigged talents around and now thinking of 1 in master summ. 1 mana feed and 2 imp. DT

    i need mana feed because for the past couple of months we havent had any rets or spriests on stable raid rotations, so i can never count on having a replenishment (unless i have missed any other classes with a replenishment effect, if so please do inform ><)

  15. #15

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    Frost Mages (unlikely), Survival Hunters (no clue what fotm is), Destruction Warlocks (with Imp Soul Leech)

  16. #16

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    Fail. Get rid of that Mana Feed and put it in Improved Demonic Tactics 2/3. Your felguard will never run oom in a raidenvironment. If you however decide you want Mana Feed, drop one point in master summoner. These days there's basically nothing that kills your pet so the chances you will have to resummon him is very low.

  17. #17

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    Destro locks
    ele shamans

    both have replenishment.

  18. #18

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    Where did you get that Elemental Shaman have it, wexr? That's wrong, completely.

    Retribution Paladins are the only class that likes to and keeps up their Replenishment 100%, because of their priority.
    Survival Hunters like to take advantage of the ArPen gear while they can (by going Marksman asap).
    Frost Mages don't exist in PvE, and they won't until they're buffed beyond Fire/Arcane, and FotM spec. They could be dead equal and people still won't touch it with a 40 yard heal... err... pole.
    Shadow Priests at higher gear levels are dropping Mind Blast from their Rotation, because of the 4pc10 Mind Flay bonus. Yes, it's that good.
    Destruction Warlocks hardly exist. Which I find a little funny, because they're damn near equal to Demonology, but Demo's brought because of its buff. Even the few Destro Locks I've seen, they don't even spec Improved Soul Leech (despite the increased survival and dropping the need to Life Tap immensely).

    The only one you can control is yourself. Or pick up a stable Ret Paladin.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  19. #19

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    you do not need mana feed.

    Turn off the felgaurds taunt ability from auto cast
    Originally Posted by Goretex:
    Science says many things that are wrong, I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket with science

  20. #20

    Re: Demo - Mana Feed

    It's a filler point. It's not something to really get uppity about - if your pet dies that much (cuz you're bad) and you can't figure out how to summon him with only one point in Master Summoner (brain tumour or something, I dunno) you can keep that point out and feel smart, I guess.

    In theory as stated replenishment is getting a little rare, but you can just yell at shadow priests. Might work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Destruction Warlocks hardly exist. Which I find a little funny, because they're damn near equal to Demonology, but Demo's brought because of its buff. Even the few Destro Locks I've seen, they don't even spec Improved Soul Leech (despite the increased survival and dropping the need to Life Tap immensely).
    If you're stupid enough to be destro you're stupid enough to think ISL is a bad talent is pretty much the Cause And Effect there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •