Deleted

Nature's Swiftness & Rebirth - Macro Help

Hi,

I have been trying to get a macro that casts rebirth on mouse over but also casts Nature's Swiftness should i have a modifier key held, so basically instant rebirth

I tried the following

#showtooltip rebirth
    /cast [mod] Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [target=mouseover] rebirth

It casts rebirth but doesn't appear to trigger Nature's Swiftness

Any idea?

Re: Nature's Swiftness & Rebirth - Macro Help

you need to specify what the mod is i believe

something like [mod=shift]

i'm not 100% sure but i believe that would be the problem
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

**edited because my comment was stupid, sorry*

If you want it on a mouse over try something like

/cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [target=mouseover] Rebirth (rank #)

only problem with the macro is that it tends to not work (at least Rebirth won't cast) if you are moving but double hitting it or stopping for a half a second works

Quote Originally Posted by Luzzifus
    Nature's Swiftness only makes spells with a base cast time < 10 sec instant. Rebirth has a 10 sec base cast time and can't be accellerated by NS.
    no. Rebirth is the combat rezz which has a cast time of like 2 seconds. You are thinking of the non combat rezz.

Quote Originally Posted by Luzzifus
    Nature's Swiftness only makes spells with a base cast time < 10 sec instant. Rebirth has a 10 sec base cast time and can't be accellerated by NS.
    No? Rebirth is the ress in combat, 2 sec cast time

and btw the problem probably is that [mod] that doesn't make any sense since u have selected no modifiers (shift alt ctrl)

#showtooltip rebirth
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Rebirth

This should work

Quote Originally Posted by Masyws
    No? Rebirth is the ress in combat, 2 sec cast time

and btw the problem probably is that [mod] that doesn't make any sense since u have selected no modifiers (shift alt ctrl)

#showtooltip rebirth
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Rebirth

This should work
    definetly an mouseover macro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    If someone will tell me true meaning of life I will quit right away and start doing "that thing".

Deleted

Yeah missed out the mouseover bit, now sorted.

I assumed that if you have no alterative then the system would move on should the condition not be met, guess not.

My understanding was if you just use [mod] it will use that condition no matter what modifier you have pressed down (shift, ctrl, etc).

Are you saying i need a instant cast non gcd ability to dump in the first line after an ; as an alterative for the system to use if i have no modifier selected?

The idea is that it only casts NS if i hold down a mod key, else it just casts rebirth.

Any ideas?

i'm pretty sure you have to specify which mod key you are going to press

try it, if it works then you have your answer, and you just need to have a line in there for each mod key if its really important to you to be able to use any of them
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

Deleted

The server is down at the min, but will see what happens when it comes back up.

then I'll revise my macro.

#showtooltip rebirth
    /cast [mod=???] Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [target=mouseover] Rebirth

replace the ??? with the key you want

15+ Year Old Account

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier] Nature's Swiftness;
    /cast [target=mouseover] Rebirth;

That casts NS if you are holding any modifier key (Alt, Shift, Ctrl), and Rebirth if you're not. You need to press it twice, one with a mod key and one without, to use an instant ress.
    An alternative is:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [modifier, target=mouseover] Nature's Swiftness, Rebirth; [nomodifier, target=mouseover] Rebirth;

I didn't test them in game, but they should work. On a side note, the [modifier] command should allow the usage of any of those 3 keys, regardless of what you actually press.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sowing
    definetly an mouseover macro
    Then probably its me ... I never think about mouseover thingy ... Mainly cos in 5 years of healing i never have used it since its kinda useless imho .... 1,5 sec of global cooldown (or while i'm casting the spell on the preovious target) is like 3 times more time than the one i use to click the next target to heal/ress ... Grid ftw

Maybe someone can enlight me on the point of mouseover lol (and no, i'm not a clicker, at least not on spells)

Deleted

The point of mouseover macros is that as long as you don't bind them to mousebuttons you can use them while hovering over grid :P. So you don't even have to swap targets. On my priest I have all my heals on macros that choose my mouseover target first, if I don't have any it chooses my current target, and if that target is hostile or I don't have any target it heals myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Talandra
    The point of mouseover macros is that as long as you don't bind them to mousebuttons you can use them while hovering over grid :P. So you don't even have to swap targets. On my priest I have all my heals on macros that choose my mouseover target first, if I don't have any it chooses my current target, and if that target is hostile or I don't have any target it heals myself.
    Yay ... but what u describe is how those works (and i know it already ) the thing i miss is the big "why" xD

Have similar macros too (mouseover aside), just don't get how having the mouseover is more of a benefit than click heal click etc (benefit from time saved is nearly 0 imho)

(even the cast on self while targetting an enemy is easily removable from macros when u activate the "self cast" on interface pannel ... Just a couple spells benefit really from it like penance or holy shock)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Masyws
    Yay ... but what u describe is how those works (and i know it already ) the thing i miss is the big "why" xD

Have similar macros too (mouseover aside), just don't get how having the mouseover is more of a benefit than click heal click etc (benefit from time saved is nearly 0 imho)
    Not switching targets has it advantages. A shitload in PvP, less evident ones in PvE. But it allows for nice things like healing while keeping a mob under CC, e.g. Blood Beasts or Faction Champions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    Not switching targets has it advantages. A shitload in PvP, less evident ones in PvE. But it allows for nice things like healing while keeping a mob under CC, e.g. Blood Beasts or Faction Champions.
    Even that is easily fixable with a correct positioning of the focus frame / gladius frame ... Told ya maybe is just me but i can't really get the usefullness of it

#showtooltip Rebirth
    /cast [mod:shift] Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [target=mouseover] Rebirth

something like that