Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: MM, lose the pet?

<a href=http://www.wowhead.com/item=43350>Glyph of Mend Pet</a> keeps my pet plenty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86
    *ahem*

Ranged classes that don't need pets:
    -Elemental Shammy
    -Mage
    -Priest
    -Boomkin (trees don't count)

If you want to do ranged, and not have to use a pet - go one of these classes. Pets are the flavor that keeps hunters different from casters.
    People don't usually play hunters because they want a ranged caster class. They play it because they want a ranged physical class. While it's true those classes don't need pets, they don't have the same kind of feel as a hunter. They don't shoot arrows or use weapons to deal damage. Don't bash a guy for wanting to play a "marksman hunter" as a person who stands in the back and pew pews things with bows.

edit: or guns and bullets. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    Arcane mages have to manage their mana, i.e. be at or near 0 mana when the fight ends. Don't know about ele shamans but I'm fairly certain their rotation can't be handled by a castsequence macro.

Hunters can actually put a castsequence macro that casts CS, AS, 4xSS on one button and serpent sting on the other button and voila.
    mages can do the same, it would work just as well as for the hunter (it wouldn't)

10+ Year Old Account

Pets bring alot of abilities to the MM spec tbh. Focused Fire, Go for the Throat. Not to mention all the abilities that increase ur AP and dmg done. All in all they account for a big percentage of dmg (direct and indirect). Not like managing a pet is hard stuff either...
    Why would u want to drop the pet though? Its a huge part of the hunters gimmic. Besides I feel empty without my Aspectofdeat(h) by my side (its my pets name). imo hunters dont need such a big change, but we will see wat blizz says tomorrow about us.

Arcane mages have to manage their mana, i.e. be at or near 0 mana when the fight ends. Don't know about ele shamans but I'm fairly certain their rotation can't be handled by a castsequence macro.

Hunters can actually put a castsequence macro that casts CS, AS, 4xSS on one button and serpent sting on the other button and voila.
    Yeh but that is boring. I dont play the game for it to be played for me (even if it isnt the whole thing). Also its not a hard rotation to keep track of, any hunter that needs a macro is retarded.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

As MM you send the pet in and get the benefits of its howl...pretend its not yours. I mean you dont even have to click kill command just macro it

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiJakkass86
    -Elemental Shammy
    -Mage
    -Priest
    -Boomkin (trees don't count)

If you want to do ranged, and not have to use a pet - go one of these classes. Pets are the flavor that keeps hunters different from casters.
    Yeah, i'm not a fan of casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Barado Black
    As MM you send the pet in and get the benefits of its howl...pretend its not yours. I mean you dont even have to click kill command just macro it
    Therefore trivialising the need for a pet in the first place because you can 'just macro it', it's equivalent to a buff.

10+ Year Old Account

Srsly, taking away our pet would just make the hunter class easier in a sense. We dont need more noobs giving us a bad name thats for sure. Hunters who dont like having pets out should deal with it. Its not going to change at all. Its like taking away preists sheilds. Its part of who their class is, and like preists there is a spec focused on sheilds (disc/BM for hunters) and the other specs dont use it as much but they are still there, this is the same as with us. Even if its only for one spec. The beauty of a hunter is we will always hav our pet with us. Ppl who dont like it should stop whinning and play a different class.

IMO too many hunters taking my lewts anyways :P
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

If you dont like a pet, put in on passive, keep it at your side & still benefit from the buffs it gives you. Yes many ppl want to play the Amazon bow style from diablo2, & in that case, go play that game or the one that gives you that option.
    Blizz designed hunters to have pets, adapt to it instead of trying to customize it to what you want.

Who number of things wrong with that statement. On the other hand fury is still easier.

No, if you rolled a Hunter, you got to accept it as a the Pet Class, without that, we really are ranged rogues. If you don't want pets, please reroll.

As for a giving a buff to not use a pet. No matter how well balenced it is, it will never be perfect, it will be Wolves all over again because of Min/Maxing, so one week all hunters will have their pets away, and then the next it will be the FOTM Pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    i'd take it just like you said. Dismiss pet + give 10% dmg buff. there it is.

Simple and elegant. Great MM addition. Yes Please
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger