Thread: healing in icc

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

healing in icc

Hi guys! i was just wondering what other people's raid healing is like? To me it seems as though our raid healing is low. I would post wol but im a little afraid some people might be offended. Anyways our healers seem to do around 4k at best maybe in the best of circumstances. But are usually at like 3k. Now i dont keep up with healing but i remember shamans in ulduar doing 5k with chain heal. Did they nerf healing or something because it just doesnt seem as tho healing is near as high as it used to be. Anyways last night #1 heal was almost 4k and #2 and #3 combined just barely beat him in healing. This seems like a problem and i notice at certain times i cant even hardly LT without risking dying alot. Anyways please help me i have looked at WOL and some of the best in certain fights are like 9k in fester or something but im not sure this number is right really. Any info would help alot.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

Deleted

Re: healing in icc

Is everyone alive? (Or at least not dying from lack of heals from unavoidable damage)

If so, no problem.

How much healing is going on generally depends on the raid group. Every class has defensive mechanisms, and if they use them properly, then healing numbers may look low.

Questions: Were people generally not topped off? Did people consistently die to non-one shot deaths? If the answer to either of these is yes, then your healers are generally not doing their job.

I'm not really... sure what you mean if they nerfed healing.

Deleted

Healers should first strive to keep everyone alove, then about 50%, and then top people off.

If you are worrying about life tapping killing you, then maybe make a macro to whisper a healer to let them know you are.

yes people are dying to stupid things. As such for one instance i got the infection last night from rotface and on one attempt i died bc not a single heal got sent to me. I looked not once in that entire fight did a healer ever heal me. Sure i had a few heals from various things shadow priest jol fel armor but none from a healer. the time we killed him i had to pop death coil and healthstone to live through it. Im not sure if they arent doing their job or are just too busy.

Regarding nerf, i would see shamans do 5k in ulduar priest 4k ish and now in icc i see priest at 4k occasionally a druid thereat 4k and maybe just maybe a shaman. but i would think from icc they should be doing what 7-8k at least amirite??

Are you talking about 10 or 25 men? I guess 10. On fights where you can spam heal (Blood Queen) the top healers are 8,9, sometimes 10k), but of course I;m talking 25 men here, I don't do 10 men often.

But yeah,

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    Is everyone alive? (Or at least not dying from lack of heals from unavoidable damage)

If so, no problem.
    this is most important. In fact there are very little fight where absolute numbers matter, people need to do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud
    Are you talking about 10 or 25 men? I guess 10. On fights where you can spam heal (Blood Queen) the top healers are 8,9, sometimes 10k), but of course I;m talking 25 men here, I don't do 10 men often.

But yeah,

this is most important. In fact there are very little fight where absolute numbers matter, people need to do their jobs.
    last night was indeed 25 man

Deleted

Firstly, if you want us to take you seriously, "at least amirite??" is not the way to go about it.

How many healers do you run with? Less healers could mean they have to focus more on the tanks ect. and maybe you are just last on their priority list.
    The infection on Rotface ticks like a fucking truck, you should have at least 1 healer assigned to healing that person when the debuff is up, we used a disc priest for shield + penance.

also when people die they often complain they didnt get any heals. We still have mistakes on farm bosses just because for one reason or another a tank suddenly dies. Also it seems that we are always running 1-2 healers more than most people. These are not bad geared players on the contrary the tank that often ends up dying to lack of heals is a warrior with well over 6k gs. We also have like one druid that dies almost every fight(resto). Alot of fights its the healers who die first and i dont understand wouldnt healing urself be #1 priority?

10+ Year Old Account

I assume also you are talking about 10.

1st off HPS doesn't matter. Look at who is putting out the most overall effective healing and by how much are they leading. If you aren't getting healed at all, like on rotface, they are either very undergeared and can't keep up or are just not doing their jobs.

Rotface 10 is one healable now by any healing class that's geared enough. If you are using 3, undergeared healers, and they are letting people die it's a player problem. With 3 healers on normal no one should die on any fight unless it's really random or LK =/

If it's 25 man how many healers are you running? With 5+ and you didn't get any heals you have a major healer problem. With 4 the chance of looking over someone is higher.

Firstly, if you want us to take you seriously, "at least amirite??" is not the way to go about it.

How many healers do you run with? Less healers could mean they have to focus more on the tanks ect. and maybe you are just last on their priority list.
    The infection on Rotface ticks like a fucking truck, you should have at least 1 healer assigned to healing that person when the debuff is up, we used a disc priest for shield + penance.
    last night in rotface it took adding another healer(7) to kill him. We kill him every week so its not like new progression or something. But for some reason last night we wiped like 6 times.

so wait, your a lock complaining about having to use health stones? you should be using them every encounter anyway to help healers, how many healers do you run with? what set up?
    hps and healing done are encounter based, when i heal ICC my healing goes from 10k hps to 2k. sometimes my 2k hps saves more lives than my 10k hps it depends on the healer set up and the boss. but as a dps you should be more worried about your own health than your dps, rotface is hard to heal toward the end without the correct healers so u should try helping them.

Quote Originally Posted by romeolock
    also when people die they often complain they didnt get any heals. We still have mistakes on farm bosses just because for one reason or another a tank suddenly dies. Also it seems that we are always running 1-2 healers more than most people. These are not bad geared players on the contrary the tank that often ends up dying to lack of heals is a warrior with well over 6k gs. We also have like one druid that dies almost every fight(resto). Alot of fights its the healers who die first and i dont understand wouldnt healing urself be #1 priority?
    Get better healers. My guild who's just sub-par progressed (10/12) 4 heals it.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar
    I assume also you are talking about 10.

1st off HPS doesn't matter. Look at who is putting out the most overall effective healing and by how much are they leading. If you aren't getting healed at all, like on rotface, they are either very undergeared and can't keep up or are just not doing their jobs.

Rotface 10 is one healable now by any healing class that's geared enough. If you are using 3, undergeared healers, and they are letting people die it's a player problem. With 3 healers on normal no one should die on any fight unless it's really random or LK =/

If it's 25 man how many healers are you running? With 5+ and you didn't get any heals you have a major healer problem. With 4 the chance of looking over someone is higher.
    25 man and almost always 3 heal 10 man

in my 10 man we 2 heal every fight except the Frost wing and LK (easymode, we are a pretty strong group of casuals, but havnt had the time to down LK yet) and usually the healer put out on almost every fight 5-7k with ease, I'm a resto druid and when needed I can put out around 8-9k, the resto shammy I run with can do just about the same, even the Dics priest will put out 4k heals with 4-5k absorbs.

In my 25 mans im in the middle of the healing pack with the holy pallys putting out 9k+ on every fight and never going oom.

Deleted

To be honest, it sounds like you have bad healers. Do you have a different crop of healers from Ulduar, where you say they were so good?

Any player, be it tank, dps or healer dying every fight signifies a problem. If it is a healer, it is usually their own fault. Tell them to stop staring at grid so much and pay attention to the whole of their screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Get better healers. My guild who's just sub-par progressed (10/12) 4 heals it.
    We are 7/12 25 man and 10/12 10 man with grps 1 and 2. But also im on alexstrasza server which isnt all too great. (3 guilds are on heroic modes 25 starting this week)

10+ Year Old Account

7 healers is 2-3 too much....

If your druid keeps dying he needs to be replaced. We not only have barkskin, bear form, but we heal on the move. Meaning when Rot spits there is no reason we should get hit. If a puddle drops there is no reason we should stand in it.

How many pallys do you have? If you have 2 pallys and the tanks are dying one or both of them need to be replaced. ICC is a very healing intense raid on all fights. Having bad healers will leave you very far behind.

To be honest, it sounds like you have bad healers. Do you have a different crop of healers from Ulduar, where you say they were so good?

Any player, be it tank, dps or healer dying every fight signifies a problem. If it is a healer, it is usually their own fault. Tell them to stop staring at grid so much and pay attention to the whole of their screen.
    yes in fact we do i have changed guilds since then so totally different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar
    7 healers is 2-3 too much....

If your druid keeps dying he needs to be replaced. We not only have barkskin, bear form, but we heal on the move. Meaning when Rot spits there is no reason we should get hit. If a puddle drops there is no reason we should stand in it.

How many pallys do you have? If you have 2 pallys and the tanks are dying one or both of them need to be replaced. ICC is a very healing intense raid on all fights. Having bad healers will leave you very far behind.
    1 pally healer at best. Our other pally healer very well geared and good used to do 10k heals alot of fights decided to switch to dps on his hunter and now only runs with him. So we are lucky to get one pally and he is under 4k not sure exactly what but dont think ive ever seen him above that. And then our 3rd tank goes heals alot of fights and gets about 3500hps somewhere mid pack. Idk what is going on at all. The druid that dies all the time i usually ss him every fight because we know its coming.