Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Druids- What do you want in Cataclysm?

What are you all looking for in Cataclysm?

As a tank, I'd like another AoE ability, maybe one that has a different effect on single target as well, to replace Swipe in our rotation.

Re: Druids- What do you want in Cataclysm?

As a resto druid I'm hoping that our primary source of healing will still be trough HoTs, that's a thing that could really break or make the game for me. Like being on the move & doing other stuff while still healing ^^

as a boomkin I'd something to replace praying RNG gods favour me

Deleted

i would also love a new AoE tank ability, spamming swipe and maul is just too boring.

for kitty i would like a really aggro reduction. or simply less threat in catform.

As a Bear:

Our rotation is dead boring.

Maul: change to a cone attack, 6 sec cooldown
    Swipe: 6 sec cooldown

Add a reactive ability after a dodge
    Add a spell interrupt
    Change lacerate to increase damage based on stacks of lacerate already present
    Make the frenzied regen glyph a bear talent
    give bleed crits a chance to recycle Mangle and next mangle costs no rage

Resto: I want lifebloom to be a good choice again, i still use it but it costs too much and can be replaced by other ways of healing (Dont want to be pally type)

Feral DPS: mmmm i don't know here, i really love it how it is. Maybe a vanish or something like that
    Feral Tank: A party taunt, instead of targeting the mobs. thats really helpfull when you know which party member has aggro but dont know which mob is targeting in the mess.
    Balance: another spell to fill in should be fun to add.

Feral :

+1 to another spell interupt

+1 to more AoE type rotations

I hope they dump spam moves like heroic strike and maul and change them completely. Lacerate should interwork much better with the other threat abilities.

Boomkins need a less gimmicky rotation. Resto druids have so much, don't really know what else they could have. Reworking tranquility is the only thing I can think of.

As Resto i would like gear with haste on it. from loking tho the loot i find little with it on even though it one of the main stats.

As moonkin i would really like a change to eclipse with starfire.. it seems almost impossible to get dps when there is so much movement.

and lastely on fights such as gun ships where you can use the rocket to get from one ship to another. I wish wouldn't take you out of form. such a mana wast at the moment whic other classes don't have to put up with

maybe some variation between horde and alliance resto tree form. ick of them looking the same.

Epic land form to be free of mounts.

Something fun and helpful/innovative... Something that'll make me smile about picking my druid over my shaman, warrior, dk, hunter, and rogue.
    Always check links before clicking

New Form: War Elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd
    ^ this would be nice.

and yeah ranged spell interrupt is pretty in need. I would really love that. Also people who are requesting feral tanking rotation to be more complex. WHY?? WHY??? Our rotation is good and simple, doesn't need more complexity of other classes like warriors and stuff. :P but it's just my opinion.

Opossum= feign death for kitties!

Feral Druid here tank and dps

#1 Less aggro in cat more in bear??
    #2 More AoE for Bear and reduce Energy cost of cat swipe.
    #3 Make boomkin actually take SKILL <<flame away.
    #4 Vanish like skill for cat would be sweet.

As a resto, i'd like tranquility to be better, like affecting all raid members not just a group.
    It would aslo be cool if there was something like a mage's mirror image that produced 3 other trees that heal along with you

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd
    Agree
    you aren't really responding to the encounter -- you're acting like a glorified macro.

Deleted

As balance, I'll take that shammy's new spell to move while casting.

That, and an eclipse overhaul

I am feral DPS main spec and feral tank offspec:

Kitty: Less aggro although it doesn't have to be all the time. Maybe have berserk lower your threat while it is active because I usually only have threat problems during berserk. Somehow have target switching be less painful to our dps (although not sure how to do it). Otherwise, I loved where ferals were this Xpac. I thought our damage was competitive, it is a really fun class to play, and we bring a lot of raid utility. One thing I hope they don't change is the 30% aoe damage reduction...this is awesome.

Tank: They have to give us some kind of silence ability to allow us to gather up casters. Maybe have it be some kind of conal shout that silences for like 3 seconds and interrupts spell casting with a 30 second CD. That would also give bear tanks another interrupt along with bash. I have no problem with our aoe rotation. I actually like spamming swipe and maul vs. other tanking aoe mechanics. It makes it easy to keep threat. Besides, aoe threat only matters on trash which isn't fun no matter what. I would rather they focus on making the single target rotation more dynamic. Have Maul be an ability with a CD and maybe give us some other ability so swipe doesn't have to be in single target rotations (maybe like a sunder armor type ability that generates high threat).
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

Beacon of Nature.

All HoT ticks on all targets now also heal the target that has Beacon of Nature.

Shammies get 2 abilities from WC3 - Spirit Link and Earthquake.

What worries me, there aren't any druidic spells from WC3 left, that are not yet implimented. I love to feel connection to original games.

But I'd like a stronger "wind" theme for balance. Maybe a wind-based single-target damage spell or something. I'm a bit tired of "tree/forest" theme. Maybe a channeled narrow-cone AoE? Similar to Druid's Arctic Blast from Diablo 2. Or summon several small whirlwinds, that move by random paths through enemy ranks, dealing nature dmg to nearby enemies. Would be interesting tactically and quite unique... Maybe even not as AoE, but as 'line breaker' in PvP.

EDIT: since WarCraft III is depleted on druid spells, Blizz can 'lend' some cool Druid spells from Diablo II. Was one of the most stylish classes ever! =)
    My RP Character №1 - Trillium Starwind - Night Elf Druid/Warrior
    My RP Character №2 - in progress, creating