Shamans no longer able to dispell poisons.

The new changes seem interesting and creative, and in all the fuss, not being able to cure poisons anymore is overshadowed.

This new change, by all means is going to make shamans very vulnerable to rogues.
    I dont care how deep this healing is going to be, but not being able to cure poison is a huge issue in balancing.

I dont believe that so far rogues have been having any problems with poison cleansing.
    Poisons apply instantly while already being many of them being applied at once.
    Other than that, shamans are deeply connected with nature. How in the world cant a class connected with nature not be able to cure poison?
    Diseases would make sense at least.

Now dont take me wrong. I love the new changes and all. Earthquake is going to be awesome as long as they actually put it in the game, the new spells are going to make shamans more interesting to play and i might as well make my shaman my main again since i love the class.

I know it's too early, and any change can leave false impression on blizzard's plan on how class mechanics and combinations in pvp should work overall, but the fact that another buff to rogue mechanics is being put forward, not by adding to the class itself but by changing the data around other classes is just downright disappointing.
    I just hope they dont mess things up again, and something tells me they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Re: Shamans no longer able to dispell poisons.

I expect that rogue poisons and DK diseases will be toned down in power quite a bit now that they're not so easily removed.

Other classes will be able to remove them still. As for them being toned down i doubt it.
    Poisons have only gained power throughout the time, and diseases are also gaining ground.
    I dont know tbh. Cata might be the turning tide.
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    Other classes will be able to remove them still. As for them being toned down i doubt it.
    Poisons have only gained power throughout the time, and diseases are also gaining ground.
    I dont know tbh. Cata might be the turning tide.
    Well in the current format, diseases and poisons can easily be removed by 3 out of 4 of the healing classes (no poisons for Priests, disease for Druids). If they are going to be making them much more difficult to remove, since removing them will take more resources and fewer classes will be able to do it, don't be surprised if they are drastically toned down in pvp in some means.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    The new changes seem interesting and creative, and in all the fuss, not being able to cure poisons anymore is overshadowed.

This new change, by all means is going to make shamans very vulnerable to rogues.
    I dont care how deep this healing is going to be, but not being able to cure poison is a huge issue in balancing.

I dont believe that so far rogues have been having any problems with poison cleansing.
    Poisons apply instantly while already being many of them being applied at once.
    Other than that, shamans are deeply connected with nature. How in the world cant a class connected with nature not be able to cure poison?
    Diseases would make sense at least.

Now dont take me wrong. I love the new changes and all. Earthquake is going to be awesome as long as they actually put it in the game, the new spells are going to make shamans more interesting to play and i might as well make my shaman my main again since i love the class.

I know it's too early, and any change can leave false impression on blizzard's plan on how class mechanics and combinations in pvp should work overall, but the fact that another buff to rogue mechanics is being put forward, not by adding to the class itself but by changing the data around other classes is just downright disappointing.
    I just hope they dont mess things up again, and something tells me they will.
    shammys should be able to kill rogues w.o even removing poisons from rogues as of right now...so why does it matter if u cant remove the poison....I mean come on.....dps heal dps heal dps rogue dead!

No, a shaman can't kill a rogue without removing their poisons since poisons are such a big hindrance.
    Slowing so you can't move away, mind numbing so you can't get to many casts of, wound so your heals suck when you actually do get them of.
    So indeed poisons and diseases will have to get re-balanced (which means nerfed in this case).

As a game designer, it doesn't make sense to make dispels so costly and hard to come by, when debuffing (poisoning) is so easy to do. They will get nerfed. And believe me the rogue tears will be delicious when they are no longer to poison as easily.

Idd. Cleansing totem was the only thing that kept shamans in par with rogue poisons. Without it a shaman is as strong as a priest in mail and no PW:F.

Deleted

There is a thread already on this topic, try to do a search before you post from now on.