Thread: Shadowmourne

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowmourne

So....with dw frost and 2h unholy being pretty much the dps specs. Shadowmourne will only appeal to unholy? Has blizzard said anything about allowing something for those who farmed with time and gold 25primordials to allow something for maybe 2one handers or something out of curiousity for the people who went dw frost? Thanks.

Re: Shadowmourne

Not to mention the other classes that can use it... I'd guess you're just shit outta luck.
    Only users lose drugs.

Nope. It's a legendary, they depreciate after an expansion anyway.

Deleted

What?

Blood is being changed to tanking in cataclysm, were shadowmourne will only really matter for a month at maximum, probably less.

And no, it will not be changed at all. I am not usually so certain about these things, but ti is such a ridiculous idea, that i know, 100%, it will never happen. A legendary is just that, a special weapon. Not some quel'dalar thing where they might give you a different one if you dont like it.

You would have too many other class complaining about not being able to use it.

Plus, blood can use it just as easily as unholy, and its not vastly inferior to UH by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    Nope. It's a legendary, they depreciate after an expansion anyway.
    It will probably have to be nerfed for people to stop using it before the very end of the first raid tier when people get the Cataclysm version of Betrayer of Humanity. It will really depend on how far Blizz pushes the ilvl in the first raid zones.

10+ Year Old Account

could just break shadowmourne in half.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    It will probably have to be nerfed for people to stop using it before the very end of the first raid tier when people get the Cataclysm version of Betrayer of Humanity. It will really depend on how far Blizz pushes the ilvl in the first raid zones.
    Rogues were replacing their glaives with level 78 blues, I don't think shadowmourne is going to be better than cataclysm raid gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Rogues were replacing their glaives with level 78 blues, I don't think shadowmourne is going to be better than cataclysm raid gear.

But Glaives were introduced to the game a year and a half before WotLK came out, and were upgradable in SWP.

Thoridal however, which was introduced in the last boss of the expansion wasnt upgraded until the 25 KT gun.

The poster that said the replacement would be closer to something like Betrayer was is probably closer to the truth. Shadowmourne will likely last until the end boss of the first raid tier in Cata.

Was wondering if the QQ post would come and there it is!
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

Don't forget the level cap between BC and LK was 10.... The difference between LK and Cata level caps are only 5. It makes sense that this weapon would still be viable for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined2Rock
    Don't forget the level cap between BC and LK was 10.... The difference between LK and Cata level caps are only 5. It makes sense that this weapon would still be viable for a while.
    The difference between the level caps doesn't affect anything other than how many talent points we get.

The difference between the level caps doesn't affect anything other than how many talent points we get.
    iLevel differences in 10 levels change.

Warglaives iLevel: 156

Reg UK Weapon iLevel: 155
    Reg Gundrak Weapon iLevel: 179
    Heroic UK Blue Weapon iLevel: 200

Shadowmourne's ilevel is 284. I don't think we're going to go from 284 to 329 in 5 levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagnaphein
    Was wondering if the QQ post would come and there it is!
    Where is the QQ? Im just simply asking.

10+ Year Old Account

We have two Valks in my guild, both stopped using theirs. Shadowmourne may make it through the end of the xpac IF Ruby Sanctum is going to be the only raid for the rest of the xpac.

By 85 it will be replaced in the 1st raid if not before.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar
    We have two Valks in my guild, both stopped using theirs. Shadowmourne may make it through the end of the xpac IF Ruby Sanctum is going to be the only raid for the rest of the xpac.

By 85 it will be replaced in the 1st raid if not before.
    woman should stick to 1 thing and 1 thing only, being in the kitchen kthxbye

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar
    We have two Valks in my guild, both stopped using theirs.

They're doing it wrong.

You want atleast 1 Valy in the raid, it's still good. It's not amazing, but it's still better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury
    So....with dw frost and 2h unholy being pretty much the dps specs. Shadowmourne will only appeal to unholy? Has blizzard said anything about allowing something for those who farmed with time and gold 25primordials to allow something for maybe 2one handers or something out of curiousity for the people who went dw frost? Thanks.
    I've seen nobody give a shit about this except for you, someone who is still only progressing through 25 man. 1 Putricide kill, and you're whining about how an eventually obsolete weapon can't be used by an extra spec?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    I've seen nobody give a shit about this except for you, someone who is still only progressing through 25 man. 1 Putricide kill, and you're whining about how an eventually obsolete weapon can't be used by an extra spec?

You haven't killed BQL or Sin and you're bashing him for not having kills? Funneh.

On a side note, since I can't tell, are you ret or prot?

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    Wow you've noticed my raiding guild isn't so great in 25, want a cookie? Im just asking a question. If you dont give a shit why are you posting, oh wait...your trolling.