Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Not enough durids have seen this.

Just something I wanted to share. I really dont think a majority of people playing durids have seen this.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Alamo

Re: Not enough durids have seen this.

Classic and wise Alamo. But I'm pretty sure most druids on here have seen this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayron
    Read the link. Quit talking.

That was hilarious
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    Tanks and healers are like women, they subsist on compliments and praise.

I've been playing a druid since Pop Warner and I honestly have never heard of this. Thank you very much.

he is one of the only good things from thunderhorn... the rest of our server is pretty angered and cusses out everyone else
    TIRION: It is done
    RHONIN: I know it's done, I'm the d00d that did it
    TIRION: But without a lich king to chain it, the scourge will rampage across Azeroth, destroying all life, I am the only one who can bear this solemn burden.
    RHONIN: Because you did such a good job with the coliseum? I thought I fired your ass, Why are you even here?

10+ Year Old Account

Never liked alamo.... and hes "Alamo teechs u 2 play DURID!" is just sad, even if its ment to be funny.

Even if something is being taught or portrayed as abstract doesn't mean that it is "sad" . He is trying to teach us the basics of a durid while remaining humorous.

10+ Year Old Account

this guy is so win ;D found him about a month ago :P i agree that every durid must know who he is
    "Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN
    Never liked alamo.... and hes "Alamo teechs u 2 play DURID!" is just sad, even if its ment to be funny.

It was meant to be a satire of the druid class when everyone mocked the druid class.

I don't have a druid, yet, but i read it. Awesome stuff!

I used to have the Alamo mod during TBC, which would randomly quote a relevant alamo line when you shifted form, favourite was always:

"when cat durid is FITE do not ask for HEEL and NINIRVATE!"

When shifting into cat <3

Alamo is so awesome, not only is he the quintessential core of a whole new generation of slang "hai, i can haz apple?"

But at the same time Alamo is the author of the most epic, mind shattering Pwnage of a troll to ever to take place on a forum. As discussed at the end of the wowwiki thread (search the page for the segment on "Response to a heckler"). I was on that thread way back when, this annoying human pally was just trolling and QQing and making fun of Alamo's education for a good 3 days and then Alamo just utterly destroyed him with one of the most well written posts in the history of the written language of English. I especially love the last paragraph
    Despite (in perception, if not in truth) seeming neglect from the developers, druids have maintained a stoic outlook. At the time that my original guide was posted, druid morale was at an all-time low, and the druid community found it a rallying point in an otherwise bleak, and often hostile, landscape. I have never been a fan of the mere stoic, and I believed that druid players deserved better than what they had been given. The complexities and vagaries of the druid class, along with its attendant misunderstandings and stereotypes, finds iconic (and ironic) expression in both of Alamo’s guides.

While you may not be able to see the humor in the posts, realize that they are not the product of a trite or idle mind. Above all else, realize that Alamo is loves you and is want even some shiny paladins as can be friends with him, even if they is can makes him run slow now!
    Simply flawless. This post is also important as it was also one of the few times an internet troll (the human pally in question) was actually defeated. I have never seen it happen before but the troll actually admitted he was wrong and sincerely apologized for everything he said.

It is perhaps the only time a troll has ever really been beat. Alamo is a hero to all.

Alamo, The Troll Destroyer 8)

Should be a title for somebody with credible posts. :P

Any druid that does not know of Alamo isn't a druid at all.

15+ Year Old Account

I want Alamo to teech me 2 play CATADURID!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

It's kind of funny...maybe more so when it was relevant at the time.

Personally though I think the whole "tlk dyke u r a 14 yr olde with downz syndroom" to be kind of over done and lame.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't find it funny at all. Maybe younger kids may, but they think anything is funny.

Having seen this when it was posted back in the day, I see how valid it was and how important those posts were in a time Druids were not so popular and awesome. You see, back then Druids were still a shadow of what they are now. The only reason they were important to some was Innervate and Mark Of the Wild. Healing Touch spam was the best tool we had. Bears were not so great, Cats were weak and Balance... We better not go there!

Nowadays it is not so funny anymore. Maybe it is because it has become old and seen so many times. That kind of language has also become the 1337 language some try to use and that does look retarded now.

Anyway, Alamo is still an icon of the Druid community and those posts are amongst the best not only to the Druid community, but to all who's been playing this game for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by rated
    Personally though I think the whole "tlk dyke u r a 14 yr olde with downz syndroom" to be kind of over done and lame.
    Totally agree on this one. I'm sick of all the "+1 interwebz" or "icy wat u did thar" posts.. It's just not funny anymore !

Alamo is the greatest. It's why I played Druid in the first place Not many people do this kinda stuff anymore which is sad...